Suns vs Nets thread

sunsfn

Reaction score
Nets played last night so lets hope in the 4th they are tired.

Early Game..........
------------------------------------------------------
New Jersey
Mar 27, 5:30 PM
Continental Airlines Arena
620KTAR
UPN45 NBALP
-----------------------------------------

Nets look to extend winning streak against Suns

You must be registered for see images
Phoenix (47-21) at New Jersey (40-28) 7:30 pm EST

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- The New Jersey Nets hope to continue their winning ways and move closer to a division crown when they host the Phoenix Suns on Monday.

The Nets have won eight straight games - two shy of their season-high which they set from December 16-January 8 - to build an 8 1/2-game lead over Philadelphia in the Atlantic Division.

New Jersey became just the third team to post a win at Eastern Conference-leading Detroit on Sunday with a 79-74 triumph. Vince Carter scored 21 points and Nenad Krstic collected 16 and nine rebounds for the Nets.

Jason Kidd was held to seven points on 2-of-8 shooting but did haul in a season-high 14 rebounds for the Nets, who held the Pistons to a season low in points.

The Suns, who already have secured a playoff berth, are coming off a 107-96 home victory over Denver on Saturday. All-Stars Steve Nash and Shawn Marion paced the Pacific Division leaders with 21 points apiece.

Amare Stoudemire had just six points and five rebounds in 17 minutes in his second game back from knee surgery. He had 20 points and nine rebounds in 19 minutes against Portland on Thursday.

Phoenix has won its last four meetings against New Jersey, including a 91-82 home triumph on November 25.

Last edited:

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Suns are favored by 4 tonight, so you're not the only one who thinks the Nets might be tired.

The game's on NBATV, so us out-of-towners will be able to see it (the ones who get NBATV, anyway).

Here's hoping for a Suns win, and another good game from Amare! :thumbup:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, our shooting is just awful tonight. Marion is the only reason we are in this game right now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the first game I have been able to watch since Amare has returned.
From the reports that some on this board have posted, I assumed Amare looked pretty good on the floor except for a little stiffness.

That assessment is way off. Amare looks horrible! His feet are nailed to the ground. He can't move laterally or jump. He keeps reaching in because he can't guard anyone. I keep thinking he is going to hurt his knee out there. It is painful to watch. I hope he is not coming back to early.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash is getting hammered when he goes inside with no calls.

Clearly the refs want this to be a physical game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
50-31. Embarassing.

Suns (Edit: Outside of Marion) haven't shown up at all.

Last edited:

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Good lord, how many times is Diaw going to get dunked on tonight?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
This performance is down right disturbing. Seems like no one is giving any real effort besides Marion.

No drives, relying heavily on 3s, jumpshots have nothing on it, no hustle, and our defense is disgusting. There is nothing redeemable about this effort

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Folster said:
This is the first game I have been able to watch since Amare has returned.
From the reports that some on this board have posted, I assumed Amare looked pretty good on the floor except for a little stiffness.

That assessment is way off. Amare looks horrible! His feet are nailed to the ground. He can't move laterally or jump. He keeps reaching in because he can't guard anyone. I keep thinking he is going to hurt his knee out there. It is painful to watch. I hope he is not coming back to early.

I can't watch, but have listened a little bit on the radio. They are basically saying the same thing, that amare looks horrible out there, and even implied he's not even trying.

Either he physically can't do it, or he can do more phsyically than he has been doing but psycholgically isn't willing to do it (what is what the announcers implied).

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Right now I'm at the point of put in our reserves at the end of our bench because they may at least hustle and give a damn.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There are times when a team just isn't there. This happens to be such a time for us. These times have been very rare this season, luckily we're not in a huge need for wins.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hsandhu said:
I can't watch, but have listened a little bit on the radio. They are basically saying the same thing, that amare looks horrible out there, and even implied he's not even trying.

Either he physically can't do it, or he can do more phsyically than he has been doing but psycholgically isn't willing to do it (what is what the announcers implied).

Yes there is no effort by Amare. I am with others who say just bench everyone and save them for tomorrow.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe D'Antoni is just sitting there and letting this happen.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
hsandhu said:

All I can figure is that the Suns staff and Amare feel its something he has to work through.

This is shameful.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord what happened...we haven't been blown out like this in a good while...

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Just absolutely frustrating to watch them show no heart.

You could sense from the first few trips up the court that they weren't into it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser