Surprise Bust Teams?

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Denver flops this year. maybe 4-12. I also think the Colts will have a bad year (for them), maybe 9-7 if they are lucky.

Any thoughts?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
A total bust team is usually a team that quits of it's coach when things goes wrong (for whatever reason) - like Miami last year.

I think the Rams and the Broncos are very good choices based on that. If Favre goes down, Green Bay could be another option. So are the Saints.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
The Giants. I don't think they will 'bust' because they have won just as many games as us over the last two years.

But I don't think one player on that team likes their coach.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Redsz said:
The Giants. I don't think they will 'bust' because they have won just as many games as us over the last two years.

But I don't think one player on that team likes their coach.
Okay, I just wouldn't catagorize them as a Bust Team, because I don't have that high expectations for them. A bust IMO is a team that perform way worse than expected.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bust team is the Steelers. My reasons.

15-1 last year. Even 10-6 would be a 33% fall in win totals.

They lost some major talent in Free Agency, in fact 5 starters lost. Included in that was two offensive lineman and the QBs top WR. This adds up to a down season for Rothlisberger

The competition in that division is just amazing. The Ravens and the Bengals all look strong right now.

Their draft was strictly average and they signed nobody significant in free agency.

This isn't an indictment of the Steelers, but I could easily see them missing the playoffs in the brutal AFC. My division winners are New England, Baltimore, Indy, and San Diego.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
The Eagles are due for a down year. Losing T.O. could be the catalyst.

And agree about the poster for the Steelers.

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
BigRedFan said:
The Eagles are due for a down year. Losing T.O. could be the catalyst.

And agree about the poster for the Steelers.

I agree about the Eagles. They won't go 6-10 but they won't get to the NFC championship game either. With or without TO.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Packers have lost three starters and had a poor draft in terms of getting talent to help them now. The NFC North is also getting tougher. I can see both the Vikings and Lions having a better record than the Packers.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Something tells me the Seahawks are ripe for a down year. I think they could be this years version of last years Dolphins...Holmgren will finally get run out of town.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
masterphomeg said:
Something tells me the Seahawks are ripe for a down year. I think they could be this years version of last years Dolphins...Holmgren will finally get run out of town.

Even if the Seahawks and Rams weren't in our division, I'd pick them in the NFC. I'm not sure if it'll be true for both teams, but I suspect both Martz and Holmgren are ripe for having their teams tank it on them. They've reached that point where players can tune out a coach.

In the AFC, I agree that the Steelers will disappoint. Roethlisberger is going to struggle. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers end up out of the playoffs.

danny l

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think that we are seeing a lot of personal bias involved with some of these replies. Unlike some I see the Seahawks as the cream of the NFC west division. They are talented and unlike the Cardinals they have more experience. I see the Cardinals as #2 this year to the 'Hawks but the future and coming dynasty in the West.
However, the Rams IMO are headed for the basement. They have the coach who is least respected within his own team. They have absentee ownership, and the president of the team lives in southern Cal without daily or even weekly hands on with his team. The Rams go 6-10 and Martz is fired at the end of the year.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I think the steelers was a good choice. The Ravens are going to the 46 defense this year. That should be sick. I think the Ravens are going to have a tremendous year.

I always think the Saints are going to have a bad year. I don't understand how Haslett is still coaching that team.

Everyone is talking up the Vikings... I'd love to see them take a nose dive.

I wouldn't be surprised that the Raiders with Moss will implode.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I actually had a dream that I was watching a 05' lambs game, and a player for the opposing team (philly?) was running into the endzone with, like, five rams defensive players chasing him.

I remember thinking, man the rams defense has just been a joke all year. Marmie really did them in. :biglaugh:

Marmie will probably get Martz fired this year. And the rams will underachieve compared to various 8-8 to 9-7 predictions for them.

Also, the Seattle will only chalk up about 7 wins.

The NFC west will not be pretty this year, and it's an even money bet that Denny, Kurt and Bertrand can will this team into the playoffs in 05'.

seesred

Reaction score
I think the Packers will be the biggest downside team this year. Farve came back but not till he thoiught a lot about it. He is a great player but on the downside this will be his last year. He is much slower and does not have a cast surrounding him that will make it any better. As someone said before their off season didn't produced any exceptional (look what we got players) and the draft was a low b or c.

Packers this year 5-11,.With the rookie QB playing by game 11.

GBR

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
seesred said:
I think the Packers will be the biggest downside team this year. Farve came back but not till he thoiught a lot about it. He is a great player but on the downside this will be his last year. He is much slower and does not have a cast surrounding him that will make it any better. As someone said before their off season didn't produced any exceptional (look what we got players) and the draft was a low b or c.

Packers this year 5-11,.With the rookie QB playing by game 11.

GBR

The only way Rodgers starts for the Packers this year is if Favre (not Farve) gets hurt.

My picks for busts this year Jets, Packers, Falcons and Broncos--none of those teams make the playoffs.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers and Saints in the NFC.

I don't know if you would call the Titans a bust team but I think they will be drafting in the top 3.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I am going to say the Pats.

I think they lost two of the best assistant coaches in the game today and they played a big part in their success. Both Wies and Crennel leaving will cause a year of growing pains for the new OC, DC and team as a whole.

But once they get their feet wet the Pats go back to thier dominating ways again in 2006.

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I am going to say the Pats.

I think they lost two of the best assistant coaches in the game today and they played a big part in their success. Both Wies and Crennel leaving will cause a year of growing pains for the new OC, DC and team as a whole.

But once they get their feet wet the Pats go back to thier dominating ways again in 2006.

I have to agree with the Pats also. As of right now I don't have them even making a wild card. Look at last years cream puff schedule and look at this year's schedule which looks to be very difficult. Add in losing your biggest clutch playmaker in Bruschi and both your OC and DC and I think they will be 9-7 at best. Which isn't good enough for the playoffs in the AFC.

Cardinal Mike!!

spanky1

Reaction score
I think that the G-Men will end up close to the league bottom. Pitt fight's for a double win number.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
BACH said:
Okay, I just wouldn't catagorize them as a Bust Team, because I don't have that high expectations for them. A bust IMO is a team that perform way worse than expected.

That's why I said:

"I don't think they will 'bust' because they have won just as many games as us over the last two years."
:trout: :D

That post was just my hatred for the Giants rearing it's ugly head. They are a team that I seriously despise.

If I was going to say a bust team. I would go with the Steelers. The Ravens and Bengals have improved. They won't have a 15-1 season in that division.