Suspensions to stars will doom Suns

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
The rule doesnt state that...It just says no one is to leave the bench area during an altercation. Other Suns players stayed....thats why they arnt suspended.

It all went wong when they went towards Nash...they shouldnt have done that.

And someone shouldn't have shot John Lennon or JFK...but they did...that doesn't make it right. The League screwed this one up....and if you can't understand that....then take your SA a$$ back to land locked sea world and make love to Shamoo...

...ban my a$$...I hate SA trolls.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Amare and Diaw stayed on the bench Stern couldnt do anything. If no one likes Stern then why give him that kind of power? All our players had to do was stay in the bench area...Everytime one of our players gets knocked down we're going to throw away our chance at a championship? How smart is that?

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
If Amare and Diaw stayed on the bench Stern couldnt do anything. If no one likes Stern then why give him that kind of power? All our players had to do was stay in the bench area...Everytime one of our players gets knocked down we're going to throw away our chance at a championship? How smart is that?

Living proof that ignorance is bliss.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Would you PLEASE just shut up about "if they had just stayed on the bench" b.s.???

It was HUMAN-FREAKING-NATURE!!!

Amare and Diaw didn't do anything, so the suspension is ridiculous and just handed the most pivotal game 5 to the Spurs.

You have to be a kid that never played competitive sports, I can't find any other explanation for your stance.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So what you're saying is everytime our players get knocked down the Suns are supposed to do what they want?? What are the refs for? Horry would have been suspended without Amares or Diaws help. Lets the refs do their officiating and let the league hand out justice.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would you PLEASE just shut up about "if they had just stayed on the bench" b.s.???

It was HUMAN-FREAKING-NATURE!!!

Amare and Diaw didn't do anything, so the suspension is ridiculous and just handed the most pivotal game 5 to the Spurs.

You have to be a kid that never played competitive sports, I can't find any other explanation for your stance.

If its human nature then why didnt the whole Suns bench clear out? Why only two players did that?

They're not supposed to leave the bench area PERIOD. If they cant grasp that then we have no shot at a title.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score

Maybe if you played sports, or at least knew something about them, you would realize it was high intensity, high emotion game. Seriously, they had just made an amazing comeback against the Spurs of all teams, on the road nonetheless. Things are going swell... down to the wire... game in hand. Then bam! The face of the franchise gets decked for no reason, by a player with seemingly no motive. How are they supposed to react? It was a heat of the moment decision. Maybe not the right one, as per the rule, but just the natural reaction of any sensible teammate (or human being in general).

The rule is in place to stop bench players from escalating the incident. Did they? Hell no! They checked on Nash. What else should they do? Sit by idly as Stevey lies there on the floor? I agree, rules are rules but there should be some level of understanding. Now if the play had happened all the way across the floor I would agree, if they went over there they had violated the rule and should be suspended. However, this situation was different! The action took place literally just a few feet away from the Suns bench. None of the players on the bench had a clear view, and the league should really take exception to that. I mean Amare... yeah he did step on the court. But Diaw? He definitely did not set foot out onto the court. He merely walked a few feet up the sideline and turned around.

All in all, it's just dissapointing to see Stu Jackass and David Stern being too obstinate and shortsighted to fully take into account the entire situation. What do they gain by sticking to the rule, which now will be inevitably be changed or dismissed at season's end?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe if you played sports, or at least knew something about them, you would realize it was high intensity, high emotion game. Seriously, they had just made an amazing comeback against the Spurs of all teams, on the road nonetheless. Things are going swell... down to the wire... game in hand. Then bam! The face of the franchise gets decked for no reason, by a player with seemingly no motive. How are they supposed to react? It was a heat of the moment decision. Maybe not the right one, as per the rule, but just the natural reaction of any sensible teammate (or human being in general).

The rule is in place to stop bench players from escalating the incident. Did they? Hell no! They checked on Nash. What else should they do? Sit by idly as Stevey lies there on the floor? I agree, rules are rules but there should be some level of understanding. Now if the play had happened all the way across the floor I would agree, if they went over there they had violated the rule and should be suspended. However, this situation was different! The action took place literally just a few feet away from the Suns bench. None of the players on the bench had a clear view, and the league should really take exception to that. I mean Amare... yeah he did step on the court. But Diaw? He definitely did not set foot out onto the court. He merely walked a few feet up the sideline and turned around.

All in all, it's just dissapointing to see Stu Jackass and David Stern being too obstinate and shortsighted to fully take into account the entire situation. What do they gain by sticking to the rule, which now will be inevitably be changed or dismissed at season's end?

They dont want bench clearings everytime there is an altercation. Thats what they are trying to avoid. Amare nor Diaw were in a position to do anything about anything....they're not refs...they're not doctors...they're not bodyguards...If they're just curious well that curiosity could have just cost us a championsip. I dont buy that they had no other choice but to leave the bench area. Too much is riding on it for "lets play with the rules" time. If they followed the rules Stern would have no say whatsoever. Players leaving the bench during altercations for whatever reason is escalating. The refs dont need a mob to contend with.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
If its human nature then why didnt the whole Suns bench clear out? Why only two players did that?

They're not supposed to leave the bench area PERIOD. If they cant grasp that then we have no shot at a title.

Apparently Duncan and Bowen couldn't grasp that either. They reacted the EXACT SAME WAY, but were fortunate enough to do it on a play that was interpreted as not being an "altercation." But since you, like Stern, think instinct can be legislated, I'm sure you believe that Duncan and Bowen jumped up out of their seat while thinking "this surely doesn't have the appearance of an altercation, so it might behoove me to meander onto the court to exercise my displeasure, so long as fisticuffs don’t ensue, in which case I must expediently return to my seat so as to be in compliance with rule, Section VII(c) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement." :rolleyes:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Apparently Duncan and Bowen couldn't grasp that either. They reacted the EXACT SAME WAY, but were fortunate enough to do it on a play that was interpreted as not being an "altercation." But since you, like Stern, think instinct can be legislated, I'm sure you believe that Duncan and Bowen jumped up out of their seat while thinking "this surely doesn't have the appearance of an altercation, so it might behoove me to meander onto the court to exercise my displeasure, so long as fisticuffs don’t ensue, in which case I must expediently return to my seat so as to be in compliance with rule, Section VII(c) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement." :rolleyes:

When Duncan was on the court there was no altercation....it was two players falling on each other. Duncan could perhaps have been hit with a delay of game over it but thats about it.

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
When Duncan was on the court there was no altercation....it was two players falling on each other. Duncan could perhaps have been hit with a delay of game over it but thats about it.

Shamoo still sucks.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Yup James Jones should have kicked Elson while he was down then by rule Duncan and Bowen would be suspended. :thumbdown:

Duncan and Bowen went onto the court with the intent of being involved with an altercation. Yet because James Jones took the high road, they don't get punished for being on the court in any way, shape or form. They didn't even bother to fine them after the fact let alone suspend them. Making it all the more difficult to ignore

The league has blown it and I'm done with it. The NBA is dead to me

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yup James Jones should have kicked Elson while he was down then by rule Duncan and Bowen would be suspended. :thumbdown:

Duncan and Bowen went onto the court with the intent of being involved with an altercation. Yet because James Jones took the high road, they don't get punished for being on the court in any way, shape or form. They didn't even bother to fine them after the fact let alone suspend them. Making it all the more difficult to ignore

The league has blown it and I'm done with it. The NBA is dead to me

Oh please...

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People saying Amare and Boris should of stayed..

you have to understand.. the very first thing a team mate does after seeing his/her friend/team mate get slammed/hit is to stand up and approach him or her...

so this decision is really.. just stupid.

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score
If Raja would not have gotten in Horry's face...there would have been no altercation and thus no suspensions...if Amare and Diaw had been in the game, they could have joined the melee with no penalty. If our assistant coaches would have been quicker, Amare would not have been first in line with the puff up. If Amare would have said he rushed to the aid of his team mate instead of lying about checking in, perhaps....

blah blah blah...the F-ing rules are the F-ing rules...AND every player knows them. Look for an amendment this off season.

It is done. But the series is not.

We played bad and almost beat the Spurms...played good and trounced them, played average and beat them....there is absolutely no reason why we can't win #6 and #7. And there is absolutely no pressure to win game 5. The chip is now on our shoulders. And if anything, we should see a ferocious Amare and a focused Diaw come game 6.

scotsman13

Reaction score
So what you're saying is everytime our players get knocked down the Suns are supposed to do what they want?? What are the refs for? Horry would have been suspended without Amares or Diaws help. Lets the refs do their officiating and let the league hand out justice.

pokerface the problem with what you are saying is the refs have shown that they aren't going to protect the players. they have let the spurs get away with almost anything they want. the first 3 games are clear enough of that the spurs are trying to do what they can do hurt the suns to take them out of their game. i used to respect the spurs, i don't any more. i used to think that Duncan was a upstanding player and person, now i think the whole spurs team is about as morally bankrupt as a $2 dollar hooker.

the nba talks about cleaning up the game. to stop it from being the home of the gank bangers. while this single thing has shown that the doesnt care about right and wrong it only cares about the letter of the law.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Oh please...

Please, what?

The league has lost control and the inmates run the assylum. It has become a joke.

Baron Davis throws an elbow at someone's head, he gets a slap on the wrist.
Mikki Moore pushes a player in the air, he receives zero punishment.
Raja clotheslines Kobe and gets a one game suspension (it should have been more)
Luke Walton grabs Marion by the shoulders and throws him to the ground when he's going up for a dunk and gets a slap on the wrist.
Kwamie Brown pushes a player to the ground and stands over him like a thug and only gets a T

I can go on and on

These are just a few instances the past few years. Yet a player getting off the bench after a chickenshit cheapshot by Horry and they get punished more then the things listed above. Tell me how that doesn't promote thug behavior?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05