Swami Sez.....

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
I like Chris Berman as much as the next sports fan. His entertaining approach is always what got me. Anyway....

Swami Sez: San Fransisco 21 Arizona 20

I like him a little less now.

I just can't fathom San Fran coming to our new *hopefully extremely loud* house and pulling it off. I even find myself a little angry that someone actually thinks this might happen.

Am I the only one???

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DaCards said:
I like Chris Berman as much as the next sports fan. His entertaining approach is always what got me. Anyway....

Swami Sez: San Fransisco 21 Arizona 20

I like him a little less now.

I just can't fathom San Fran coming to our new *hopefully extremely loud* house and pulling it off. I even find myself a little angry that someone actually thinks this might happen.

Am I the only one???

as a lifelong Cardinal fan, I've come to learn that ANYTHING'S possible and if that anything has the chance to be negative, possible turns to probable in a hurry!

Man, I will kill someone if we actually lose to the Niners. Seriously - home game and the NFL gives us THE patsy in the entire conference - it's almost too good to be true - which is what worries me! :)

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we're safe here, but you never know.
More reason to be EXTRA friggin' LOUD!!! :clapping:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DaCards said:
Am I the only one???

That likes Chris Berman? Possibly.

As for the 9ers beating the Cards? I don't think it's likely, but until the Cards prove otherwise I don't think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
as a lifelong Cardinal fan, I've come to learn that ANYTHING'S possible and if that anything has the chance to be negative, possible turns to probable in a hurry!

Man, I will kill someone if we actually lose to the Niners. Seriously - home game and the NFL gives us THE patsy in the entire conference - it's almost too good to be true - which is what worries me! :)
It's way too early to anoint SF the patsy of the conference. That being said, there's no excuse for losing this game. The most important game the Cardinals have played since the 98 playoffs. If they don't win there will be a large sucking sound emanating from the stadium for the rest of the season.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
San Francisco's front 7 on defense could give a recently shuffled offensive line problems. I say we win by 10 plus, but there's always a chance.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Swami is usually below .500.Want to make alot of money, go against the Schwam.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Berman is a moron. He has become everything I hate about ESPN.

OP
OP
DaCards

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
Oh I know hes not good at the whole sports thing, but he makes commentating more entertaining than some. He should stick to sportcenter though.

Broadcasting the day in sports: yes
Commentating live w/ opinions interjected: no

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Oh guys - i am as hopeful as the next guy....

but i don't like the attitude many of us have. SF is better than everyone thinks (well coached) and they probably have a chip on their shoulder from all this "asking" for them as our opponent

and we ARE the Arizona Cardinals - if anyone we should not count our eggs before they hatch. I will be watching the game and i think we should win but i wouldnt put any money on it just yet. We should blow this team out but i promised myself after last season i would never buy the hype again until i have tangible reasons to believe we can produce with this roster and this coach. Lets wait for week one before we start downing the kool aid. We gotta prove it first....

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The "Shwam" also said Pats and Eagles in the Super Bowl...:shrug:

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
DaCards said:
Oh I know hes not good at the whole sports thing

Then why is he doing sports? Seriously, I can't stand Berman any more. Although he did bring us "you're with me, leather", which is nice.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Berman and ESPN have always had a love affair with the 'Niners. They hate it cause they are down and have been down for some time now. Berman loves the Jets too. He rooted for them as a kid. I don't have a problem with that but if you are being paid lots of money to be on TV make a good effort to hide your bias I say.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
Berman and ESPN have always had a love affair with the 'Niners. They hate it cause they are down and have been down for some time now. Berman loves the Jets too. He rooted for them as a kid. I don't have a problem with that but if you are being paid lots of money to be on TV make a good effort to hide your bias I say.

exactly. Berman is a Bill Walsh groupie from way back. His ideal super bowl is Buffalo vs. SF. he adores both. Take his prediction with that in mind.

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
stewdog1 said:
Berman is a moron. He has become everything I hate about ESPN.

Stuart Scott, with his 'tragically hip' act has made ESPN unwatchable for me

Bobcat

Reaction score
The negativity on this thread really sucks guy's. the Cardinals need a positive vibe from us fans, not being so damn negative just to hedge your bets or feelings of doom. Stop being so damn "REP#$^)(&)CAN" have fun we really do have the "WEAPONS of MASS DISTRUCTION" on our team. Q, FITZ, BJ, KW, and the EDGE. Our defense is far better this year than last, and our OL is much better. DG was hiding how good they are in the Presason.

BOBCAT - damn have the faith guy's and gal's

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bobcat said:
The negativity on this thread really sucks guy's. the Cardinals need a positive vibe from us fans, not being so damn negative just to hedge your bets or feelings of doom. Stop being so damn "REP#$^)(&)CAN" have fun we really do have the "WEAPONS of MASS DISTRUCTION" on our team. Q, FITZ, BJ, KW, and the EDGE. Our defense is far better this year than last, and our OL is much better. DG was hiding how good they are in the Presason.

BOBCAT - damn have the faith guy's and gal's

I have faith that you will usually find a way to work in the fact that you are a Democrat Bobcat. FYI- we need both Republicans and Democrats in this great land of ours. Like it or not.:p

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally_Red said:
exactly. Berman is a Bill Walsh groupie from way back. His ideal super bowl is Buffalo vs. SF. he adores both. Take his prediction with that in mind.

He picked those two teams for the Super Bowl about 10 years in a row.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05