Tackling

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
Just watching the game on tivo today, and I was pleased with the tackling. We obviously gave up lots of passes but outside of Steve Smith's break away touchdown, I noticed very little yards after catch and hardly any run past 5 yards.

Down the line I noticed plenty of stand out open field tackles (some of these on Newton of all people) by Marshall, Eason, Williams, Dockett, Rhodes, Washington, Carter, and best of all...the cool calm collected clutch tackle at the end by Lenon.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the more threads I see to comment on positve tones via the panthers game the more I feel like we will stink up all the same eareas on Sunday.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just watching the game on tivo today, and I was pleased with the tackling. We obviously gave up lots of passes but outside of Steve Smith's break away touchdown, I noticed very little yards after catch and hardly any run past 5 yards.

Down the line I noticed plenty of stand out open field tackles (some of these on Newton of all people) by Marshall, Eason, Williams, Dockett, Rhodes, Washington, Carter, and best of all...the cool calm collected clutch tackle at the end by Lenon.

Speaking of tackling. I was all excited about Big Dan hustling to the sideline to hit the Carolina RB, and then he missed the tackle. :thud:

Of course he is an overweight, out of shape bum who gets gassed after two plays. So I shouldn't expect him to do everything.

:devil: