Taking emotion out of it...

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I don't know how much it hurts you guys, but for some reason this Gasol trade really put a dagger in my back as a fan. THe suns are the only team I ever watch, and am dying for them to win a championship. But I don't see it happening this year, they'll make the playoffs, lose to the lakers, and that'll be it. Sarver will have his pockets lined and say "it was a great, enjoyable year to watch"

Above all, I feel sorry for Nash. He has so much talent and heart to win. He really deserves a lot better than this situation.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Think about this also:

The suns lose out on a #4 draft pick, which invariably leads to the celtics landing garnett. Who is REALLY responsible for the pick landing #3?

The lakers land pau gasol in one of the most ******** trades in nba history. Yet, chicago who could offer so much more is given the cold shoulder. Who is REALLY responsible for the large market lakers getting such a ridiculous deal, especially over other teams with better deals such as chicago?

David Stern.

Stern is starting to phase out the spurs and cavs, after their abysmal ratings performance in the last NBA finals. Celtics in the east now. Lakers in the west. The suns were never part of the plan either way, we are just taking collateral damage.

Normally I wouldn't even really think like this, but life sucks as a suns fan right now anyway so why the hell not? Who cares if it's ridiculous, the entire nba just proved it is completely ridiculous today.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The first two fouls on Amare were laughable, especially the 2nd one that made him sit until the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Amare:C+
Amare passed up an open jumper inside the top of the circle at the end and gave Nash the ball with no time on the clock. I was disappointed in amares game last night. He didnt succeed in establishing position for an entry pass, even against smaller players. He passed up open shots with time winding down, and of course he missed critical foul shots at the end.

The question is whether Amare is too ******** mentally to learn how to do it properly, or whether we don't work on it in practices and games enough to make him learn it?

As to passed up shots, wasn't it one of Amare-haters gripes against him that he forced too many shots just to boast him stats numbers? He obliged, just like Diaw obliged to the pressure of shooting more under the basket, then you guys blame him for passing it up? Can he do anything right?

The source problem to our fall in the last minutes was, simple and square, Spurs had Nash figured out. His dribbling around with Amare picks or not doesn't open up any space for "open" shots. For what is defined as "open" normally for Suns players, Amare's look was not that open. The players were indoctrinated to TRUST Nash and thus not really prepared for what to do in case Nash's fails, which has become the norm in closing minutes against the Spurs. Just watch the points we scored there, you had to give it to Nash that he would find the minimal gap to deliver a pass, and give it to Amare that he could fetch them and score with them. But it is high risk endeavor, and surely enough we were punished with the two turnovers by Nash and forced last-sec. shots, you were blaming on Amare.

The only solution is to diversify the offense to make it a little less predictable. This might solve both of those criticism you put on Amare in your post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05