TE Question

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Since it's sort of a slow day, I was wonderng what everybody thought about our TE's? Who is going to start? Do we look for a June 1st cut? I'm trying to think back on DG's system and can't remember how the TE is used, as a blocker? pass catcher? I would love to see Blizzard as the starter just cuz I love the name

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Got to

have blocking skills, but has to have hands for the pass. Edwards showed promise at the end of last year and I think, jmo, that's where D.G. is going.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Oran said:
If Chad Lewis gets healthy, he'd be perfect.

Not going to happen.

Eagles | Lewis' Locker Intact - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 28 May 2005 01:20:11 -0700

Larry O'Rourke, of The Morning Call, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have kept the locker of free agent TE Chad Lewis (Eagles) intact with his nameplate above it. They have also not given the locker to any other player. That leads to speculation that there is room for Lewis to return if he can show he has rehabilitated the Lis Franc foot sprain he suffered last season during the playoffs.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I am going the other direction of few people here who feel as if they saw promise in Edwards last year. For me I just didnt see what a lot of you guys saw in only the 4 games(5 catches) he was active last year. He could turn out well I just didnt see anything to warrant him an automatic slot on the team or as some are saying, Starter. I think that Blizzard, Golliday, Bergen, and Edwards are all on equal ground right now, with Edwards having an equal chance as the other TE's of not making the team. I could easily see our top 3 as Blizzard, Bergen and Golliday. Just as easily as I can see Edwards in the top 3.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
Since it's sort of a slow day, I was wonderng what everybody thought about our TE's? Who is going to start? Do we look for a June 1st cut? I'm trying to think back on DG's system and can't remember how the TE is used, as a blocker? pass catcher? I would love to see Blizzard as the starter just cuz I love the name

When Denny was coaching the Vikings the TE was mainly used as a blocker although they would get some catches and tds. Moss, Carter and Reed got most of the throws. Denny did trade up to draft Kleinsasser for his blocking skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05