Thank you Suns!!!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This season faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr exceeded anybody's expectations. Most people thought the Suns were going to lose a franchise star to OKC in the lottery. Instead they came about 2 seconds from making the NBA finals. Phoenix is where awesome happens!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Thank You SUNS!!! What a GREAT year! Damn we were so close... but still, nobody thought at the start of the season, or as late as the all-start break, that we would be ballin on Memorial Day weekend!!!! Wow!!!

Really looking forward to next year!!

Thanks again for a memorable season guys!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thanks to the Suns for a great season. IMO, they definitely overachieved. Ultimately they did not have the size upfront to compete with the Lakers but who would have thought early in the season they would have made it to the WCFs. Just making the Playoffs was a real accomplishment.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This team has my respect. We were picked to be in the running for the #1 pick but end up in the NBA Final Four. Good luck getting an impact player at #26 or #27 OKC! This team has got a bright future but needs to decide what is going to happen with Amare, and whether or not they are going to have to replace him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My thanks to the Suns for a great season. IMO, they definitely overachieved. Ultimately they did not have the size upfront to compete with the Lakers but who would have thought early in the season they would have made it to the WCFs. Just making the Playoffs was a real accomplishment.

Overachieving implies that the Suns weren't as good as their record and playoff run indicate. I completely disagree that they overachieved. I think they were always this good--it's just nobody believed it. That's not overachieving, that's fans and analysts (like us) being completely wrong.

This was a great team. Imagine what it'd be like if we had only 2 more things--better rebounding by Amare and better all-around play from Barbosa. We would have breezed through the playoffs, even with Frye's horrible showing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overachieving implies that the Suns weren't as good as their record and playoff run indicate.

I get your point but in the world of sports we typically label it as overachieving when someone outperforms expectations. This team clearly outperformed expectations.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overachieving implies that the Suns weren't as good as their record and playoff run indicate. I completely disagree that they overachieved. I think they were always this good--it's just nobody believed it. That's not overachieving, that's fans and analysts (like us) being completely wrong.

This was a great team. Imagine what it'd be like if we had only 2 more things--better rebounding by Amare and better all-around play from Barbosa. We would have breezed through the playoffs, even with Frye's horrible showing.

I'm looking at it from the standpoint that the Suns had a hole at the center position that made them vulnerable. Although the Suns were able to fill it for periods of time with Lopez, Collins and Frye, they were not able to compensate for the Lakers frontline which spotlighted this weakness. It was like the Suns were running against the wind all season, but very successfully. I think the Suns overachieved because they were able to compensate for what would have been the downfall of many a good team.

The Suns were an excellent team and earned their record. I think they achieved this by the team being more than the sum of the parts.

illone

Reaction score
Love this team and their future.

Can't wait until next season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05