That Tebow thing..........

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
He scrambled. It was amazing. The crowd started cheering his name. And then he throws a pick.

Ha ha!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He's sooooo bad! How he keeps fooling someone into putting him behind center is beyond me. Easily the WORST passing QB ever to don an NFL jersey IMO

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
At least I can take a little solace knowing that I'd take Kolb 'n' Skelton over Sanchez 'n' Tebow. Very little solace.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Tebow stinks. If it wasn't for ESPN's constant love affair with him, he'd be a non-story and maybe out of the NFL.

That being said, did you hear the stat last night where the Jets haven't scored a pre-season TD and the last team to do that was Vermeil's KC Chiefs in something like 2003. That Chiefs team went on to lead the league in scoring.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tebow stinks. If it wasn't for ESPN's constant love affair with him, he'd be a non-story and maybe out of the NFL.
Do you really think the media is influencing NFL coaches and scouts to the point where he goes from being out of the league to part-time starter? I don't.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Do you really think the media is influencing NFL coaches and scouts to the point where he goes from being out of the league to part-time starter? I don't.
I don't consider him a part-time starter. I think he's a bigger version of what Pat White was in Miami. I don't even know if White is still in the league. And, yes, to a point, the media influence is a factor. Wasn't Tebow the #1 selling jersey last year? That's money in the team's pocket.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't consider him a part-time starter. I think he's a bigger version of what Pat White was in Miami. I don't even know if White is still in the league. And, yes, to a point, the media influence is a factor. Wasn't Tebow the #1 selling jersey last year? That's money in the team's pocket.

Don't all teams share merchandise revenue anyway? Not that there aren't other perks that comes with the exposure of having more people wearing your jerseys, but I don't think it by itself influences the specific team's bottom line any more than when he was with Denver.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Don't all teams share merchandise revenue anyway? Not that there aren't other perks that comes with the exposure of having more people wearing your jerseys, but I don't think it by itself influences the specific team's bottom line any more than when he was with Denver.
That very well may be true. For some reason I thought it was changed. Still, the guy is selling a enormous number of jersey's and making money for the league.

Maybe the master plan is for him to switch teams every year, thus becoming that particular teams highest seller and remian the league's biggest seller :D.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't consider him a part-time starter.
Bad choice of words. I just meant that in his short career he's started a lot of games and played in many more.

I don't think the media is going to dictate who plays much less makes a team. Revenue is going to be greater for a winning team without tebow than a losing team with him. He's in the league because he has value. He plays because many coaches disagree with your assessment. Not because ESPN eats him up with a spoon (or a ladle, as the case may be).

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Jets got him for the Wildcat not the standard offense he was playing in preseason. He is not an NFL caliber quarterback.

It's a classic case where you can't judge a player by the preseason because the Jets aren't installing the stuff he'll actually be running in the regular season IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05