The 2024-25 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You see it as the cost of business while I view it as a warning sign. A player who wants to win championships doesn't want to have a spot used for someone not ready for primetime, as Bronny is not, which shows LeBron isn't as focused on winning championships as he is on exerting his power and fulfilling his dream of playing with his son. They can play together anywhere except they shouldn't be playing together in the NBA unless we're all willing to admit that LeBron isn't as focused on winning right now.

The other brother I'm thinking of is Taylor Griffin, who was also not an NBA talent and that proved to the be the case. I don't blame the Suns for doing so when they believe it makes the team better as a whole to compete, like when they brought in Marcus to play with Markieff. Both players had shown NBA level talent at that point and it was worth seeing if they'd do better and take that next step together because the Suns weren't competing for a title. We were trying to build a roster of talented to players to add too and Markieff filled a role as did Marcus. I don't see Bronny doing anything to help the Lakers win, which is supposedely their goal. If they came out and said they were interested in Bronny's development then they'd have probably signed him to a Two-Way and not thrown him in the deep end before he's ready to swim because he hasn't shown that level of skill at any level. If his dad wants to develop his son and is as good of a basketball mind as he claims to be then he needs to interject also because this isn't helping Bronny. I want the best for Bronny and I don't think that is on an NBA roster because he's under a HUGE microscope and has these expectations thrust on him that aren't fair to him but his father put him in this spot and he's not going to fair well, IMO. It sucks because we're watching a young man fail because of goals his father has set. LeBron wants to play with his son in the NBA being the main thing, regardless of whether his son has the skill to truly earn a spot.

Thanks, Taylor Griffin is the other player I was thinking of. Of course, the Suns had Robin Lopez as well, probably others.

I have no doubt Lebron wants to win another championship. He plays hard, exceptionally hard for his age. However, winning another championship is more than about effort and desire.

It's hard for me to imagine, in the scheme of things, Bronny will make or break the Lakers.

I think this young man has been put in an awkward position and he is only doing his best. It's hard to walk in the shadow of someone great.