The 2024 Dbacks pitching

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
He's at $22.5 million next season. He'd need to made 4 more starts to hit $25 million. Two less and he would have been at $20 million. He's made 19 starts. But yeah, he's definitely picking his option up.
Hopefully with a proper off season and spring training he can regain his old form. Missing spring training and the first month did him no favors. I'm not going to hold my breath but there's a minuscule slice of a silver lining that that affected him.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Hopefully with a proper off season and spring training he can regain his old form. Missing spring training and the first month did him no favors. I'm not going to hold my breath but there's a minuscule slice of a silver lining that that affected him.
He can start by getting in shape - I am 53 and not getting paid to play a professional sport and am in far greater shape than him. I cant believe the front office threw that much $ at someone who doesn't care enough to keep his body in shape

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks | Stats & Info
https://x.com/DbacksStatsInfo
@DbacksStatsInfo

#Dbacks LHP A.J. Puk's dominance on the mound continued yesterday (1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 3 K).He may as well be a candidate for best acquisition at the trade deadline by any team.With Arizona: 15 G, 0.69 ERA, 1 SV, 13 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 19 K, 0.69 WHIP, 13.2 SO/

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Been waiting for this... I've been worried about this kid the past several weeks. More so mentally than physically, though, I am concerned about his physical health as well. But mentally, he's never experienced such sustained, night after night, highly leveraged outings as he has the past month or so. Typically, with young guns like this, it's their mental/emotional stamina that goes well before the physical...
The only viable option would be to try Puk in the closer role and insert Monty in place of J-Mart, while giving J-Mart an extended breather. But Puk has never been a closer and we have no idea how Monty will perform out of the pen.

As we all have known for a while now, the closer situation has been the biggest risk this team has been facing, virtually all season long. They had hoped that when Sewald came back from the IR, he would resume where he left off last year. He actually showed glimpses but then as we all saw, he collapsed and can no longer be counted on.

This will be nail-biting stuff the rest of the season for sure...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Been waiting for this... I've been worried about this kid the past several weeks. More so mentally than physically, though, I am concerned about his physical health as well. But mentally, he's never experienced such sustained, night after night, highly leveraged outings as he has the past month or so. Typically, with young guns like this, it's their mental/emotional stamina that goes well before the physical...
The only viable option would be to try Puk in the closer role and insert Monty in place of J-Mart, while giving J-Mart an extended breather. But Puk has never been a closer and we have no idea how Monty will perform out of the pen.

As we all have known for a while now, the closer situation has been the biggest risk this team has been facing, virtually all season long. They had hoped that when Sewald came back from the IR, he would resume where he left off last year. He actually showed glimpses but then as we all saw, he collapsed and can no longer be counted on.

This will be nail-biting stuff the rest of the season for sure...

The BP is awesome right now but holding a 1-run lead in the 7th inning of a wild card game?
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks | Stats & Info
@DbacksStatsInfo

Another interesting tidbit re: #Dbacks RHP Ryne Nelson.He's allowed just two stolen bases over 136.1 IP.
He ranks 8th amongst all qualified MLB pitchers in Pitcher Base Advances Prevented (with 5)
-- Sum of advances prevented and outs added assigned to the pitcher.

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Or someone who can close.

I don't follow the farm system enough to know. Are there any closer or relief candidates down there that could be a call up with the expanded roster?