The 7 degrees of Atlanta Hawks

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember the Kevin Bacon thing where they can link him to almost any actor through seven steps of movies....like such 'n' such was in this movie who was in this movie who was in this move with Kevin Bacon etc etc...Well, I feel like that with the Hawks pick right now as its nearing the end of the season. Are any of you watching other teams play like Philly, Charlotte, Milwaukee because their record is close to Atlanta's? I got league pass and its getting me in trouble with my wife because I start watching lousy teams games for the sake of the Hawks. She's like "not more boring basketball I want to watch the news" so I'll like turn it until the game is in the 4th quarter and try to catch the end. So not only am I watching lousy Hawks games but I'm starting to follow their lousy competition in the bottom of the standings.

It's a great time for league pass but a BAAAAAD time to be sharing plasma tv with my wife! :madarms:

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah....and lets not forget the occasional CAVS game. :D

HooverDam

Reaction score
Oh yeah....and lets not forget the occasional CAVS game. :D

The Cavs do play Dalls next week though, so we need to route for them to beat the Mavs.

I hope the Suns just crush Detroit on Friday, which will really piss Detroit off and then they'll come out all geeked up and hopefully knock off Dallas. If Dallas could somehow manage to lose to Detroit, Cleveland and their last game to the Suns- that would be huge. But even then, thats only 3 losses, tying them in the loss column with the Suns, if the Suns want the #1 seed, we have to pray for Dallas to lose probably 5 games (assuming the Suns lose only 1 more at best).

Maybe its best Dallas keeps the #1 seed though, that is, if Golden State had the #8 slot.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Dallas could somehow manage to lose to Detroit, Cleveland and their last game to the Suns- that would be huge. But even then, thats only 3 losses, tying them in the loss column with the Suns
Yes, and (assuming the Suns win the rest of their games, big assumption) the Mavs would still get the #1 seed based on the third tie-break (conference record.) However, if two of these Dallas losses (other than the Suns game) came against Western teams, the Suns would win the tie-breaker and claim the top seed. If the conference records are equal, the next tie-breaker would be record against Western playoff teams and I think the Suns trail in that category as well.