The Big Unit Travesty

Maximus

Reaction score
This is a travesty. For how long have the Diamondbacks, Colangelo, and Randy himself been insisting that he doesn't want to leave Arizona? The media has thrown kindling on this day after day and has been creating stories out of thin air to report that he is on the block. I saw a blurb on Channel 12 today during a report where they said he demanded a trade to Yankees, and Randy expressed his frustration that the media is so irresponsible and out of control on this. He said he's not frustrated at the team, the players, the state of Arizona, nothing except for the careless media.

We are going to lose possibly the greatest pitcher in the history of the game because the media has twisted the knife into this story like I've never seen before. They need to do a better job at reporting their sources.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Maximus

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
New York media is part of the blame. It seems like they make up a new randy johnson story everyday.

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
What about Bickley adding tons of combustible fuel to the fire in today's paper?

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not to take the media's side on this but Randy could say "I would not leave Arizona even if we lost 120 games, this is my home, this is my team & here is where I belong." Now I know that wouldn't completely stop the speculation it would put a cork on some of the large amounts of B.S. being flung out of New York, Bristol & Los Angeles.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I'm a little disapointed to listen to media reports having the Big Unit force a trade with the yankees.

What ever happened to his earlier quote about only approving a trade if it helps the diamondbacks....:shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05