Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/15/24-09/21/24

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Detroit should win this game. We’re kind of outmatched in numerous spots, especially our D versus their O.

If we win though, playoffs might not be out of the question.

Yeah I'm very concerned about the depth at Tackle right now with Beachum popping up on the Injury report. If Beach can't go that means that a practice squad guy will have to start at RT most likely.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Darren Urban

@Cardschatter
·
57m

The Cardinals do have a veteran tackle on the PS, Charlie Heck, who could be in the equation if that were to happen. (What is with these Tip Reiman suggestions? I've seen more than one for some reason.)But my hunch is that Beachum will end up playing.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While somewhat true, 2 games is not signifanct data set. And the lions players are, for the most, more established. I doubt you’d find many knowledgeable football fans or analysts that would disagree with my assessments position by position.

Also, I believe someone here did say our offense was better. Hence my response in the first place.
more established than the Bills or the Rams?

I might be off here but Lions just came of age last year so I do not understand your claim of more established.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Theo Mackie
@theo_mackie
·
8m

No sign of Cardinals RT Kelvin Beachum at practice today. EDGE Xavier Thomas is back after missing yesterday for personal reasons.
Based on Gannon's press conference, I am getting the impression Beachum isn't playing this weekend.

That scares me quite a bit. We are going to have to double Hutchinson every play.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah I'm very concerned about the depth at Tackle right now with Beachum popping up on the Injury report. If Beach can't go that means that a practice squad guy will have to start at RT most likely.
I would have to revise my hopium for this game if he can't go.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BIggggg gm hope right cards show up

And mr harrison jr gets his targets by murray magic :)

That dive td by harrison was soooo fitz like lost my voice on that lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The problem is trusting either way 100% of the time. The eyeball test and analytics should be used together to help verify or rule out.
And correct me if I’m wrong, but analytics don’t always have all the pertinent data to make them infallible. Like the analytics might say go for it on 4th down at their 30 with 3 yards to go. But what if you starting QB isn’t playing or you’re playing a team with a great defense? There’s also something called momentum. People might dismiss such as the “feels” of the game, but the players are human. Humans react on feelings. As a result momentum can absolutely be a real thing that operatives outside of The purview of analytics.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And correct me if I’m wrong, but analytics don’t always have all the pertinent data to make them infallible. Like the analytics might say go for it on 4th down at their 30 with 3 yards to go. But what if you starting QB isn’t playing or you’re playing a team with a great defense? There’s also something called momentum. People might dismiss such as the “feels” of the game, but the players are human. Humans react on feelings. As a result momentum can absolutely be a real thing that operatives outside of The purview of analytics.
Right. It is the coaches responsibility to know his team. Know the ebb and flow of the game, and take it all into consideration when making the decision.

Anybody relying strictly on analytics to decide is an idiot. Because they got jack doo doo to do with the game being played

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Analytics are just another tool available to a coach to help them make decisions.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Cardinals looked about as good as they’ve ever looked under Jonathan Gannon in Week 2’s win over the Rams. Kyler Murray and Marvin Harrison Jr. found a rhythm and the defense was lights out. They’ll be looking to carry that momentum into Week 3 against a talented, albeit inconsistent, Lions team. The Lions' running backs and defense are keeping them in games right now, but Jared Goff and his receivers are off to a particularly slow start and need to start picking up the pace this week.

NFL Pro Insight:

Murray completed all five of his deep passes against the Rams in Week 2 after failing to complete any such passes in Week 1. Last season, Murray completed seven deep passes across eight games played. Of Murray’s 12 deep completions since the start of last season, eight have come against single-high safety coverages, including three of his four such touchdowns.

The Lions' defense has yet to allow a single deep completion through two weeks. They have also utilized single-high safety coverages on 70% of opposing dropbacks, the fourth-highest rate in the NFL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
@Tdrake4sports
·
1m

A few updates from Arizona Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon:- "We'll see" when asked about Kelvin Beachum's availability for Sunday- Xavier Thomas is back with the team after missing practice due to a personal reason
Beachum might be out?!? That’s a BIG problem against hutch.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Except we finally got McVay without 99, puka and their entire oline. What’s going to missing from the lions? St brown? Anything else?
Oh come on.

Rams got a HoF QB and a HoF coach.
Even being beat up doesn't account for losing by 31...and the game wasn't even the close because several of our guys sat out half the 4th quarter.

Anyone ever put an asterisk next to any of our losses because...*HoF WR retired, or *HoF QB retired, or *4 of 5 starting linemen are on IR...??
No. It was simply, the Rams kicked the Cardinals ass... or the Niners did, or Minnesota...or whatever...
No point in over thinking it. It's not honest.
The Cardinals kicked the crap out of the Rams this time.
That's truth. That's honest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being down to our 3rd string OT against this lions D is gonna be a major problem for our offense.

Losing Jonah was a blow. Losing Beachem could be devastating. Our O-line coach the last two years has done a great job identifying guys to fit the system, but he’ll have his work cut out for him this week.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Being down to our 3rd string OT against this lions D is gonna be a major problem for our offense.

Losing Jonah was a blow. Losing Beachem could be devastating. Our O-line coach the last two years has done a great job identifying guys to fit the system, but he’ll have his work cut out for him this week.
Beach is gonna play.
In the most recent report JG, when asked about Beach said,"he's okay" ...then when asked if he will play he responded, "we'll see" ...
This is coachspeak. He is just trying to not make it easy on Dan Campbell when he gameplans.

Still gonna need a TE to buy Beach a moment to set up... but the situation is not dire