The Bourne Legacy

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon have signed up for a fourth "Bourne" movie.

Until a name is officially released this thread will be "The Bourne ? (aka Bourne 4)"

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, there it is...going-to-the-well-too-damn-many-times-itis. It's a disease that's all the rage in Hollywood nowadays.

Well.... they are 3 for 3 on good films at this point... I'm hoping and betting the next one will be as good or better.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It was one story arc, and the story arc ended well and ended definitively. What'll they come up with next? The 3 were great, and, IMO, enough.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are smart, this series could go on to be the next James Bond run. I guess we'll have to wait to see if they're smart or not.... :D

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will keep the naming tradition alive and call it The Bourne Legacy (the fourth book in the series, which was not written by Robert Ludlum but by Eric Van Lustbader, who was handpicked to continue the series). It isn't like the movies really kept the same plot as their namesake books anyways.

Stout

Reaction score
I wonder if they will keep the naming tradition alive and call it The Bourne Legacy (the fourth book in the series, which was not written by Robert Ludlum but by Eric Van Lustbader, who was handpicked to continue the series). It isn't like the movies really kept the same plot as their namesake books anyways.

They kept the spirit of the books alive, with him recovering memory and going after Treadstone. I don't know how they would have pulled it off if his main nemesis remained Carlos the Jackal.

As far as the rest of the books...I'll never read 'em. No point. Movies written by other people are one thing, but another writer taking over a book series? Thank you no.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
As someone who really liked the first 3, let me be the first to say..

DEAR GOD NO!!!

They brought it to a good end, they were 3 really good movies, can't we let anything just die with dignity?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have got to be kidding me. I was glad I owned them all on HDDVD. Good luck getting the 4th on there. Ah well.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bourne 4 a go!

Both Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon are onboard.

I'm thinking they will leave the realm of the books at this point. In the 4th book (if my memory serves) Jason is retired and teaches linguistics at college only to be brought back by his nemisis The Jackal.

However this would be stupid since The Jackal has never been mentioned thus far.

I hope this doesn't ruin the legacy of these movies.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
What a lousy idea. Either they're going to delve into the real plots of one of the books or go off of a non-Ludlum Bourne story. Either way, 3 was perfect, thank you very much.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't really like the non-Ludlum story lines... They're okay I guess

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Variety, Universal is moving ahead with its fourth installment of "The Bourne Identity" franchise, with George Nolfi writing the script.

Nolfi was co-writer of the third film, which was based on a story by Tony Gilroy.

Though the series is based on the Robert Ludlum novels, the new film won't be based on a Ludlum title, but rather an original story.

Director Paul Greengrass and star Matt Damon are attached to the new film.

-------------------------------------

While the movies were good, I'd actually say they were loosely based on Ludlum's novels.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Variety, Universal is moving ahead with its fourth installment of "The Bourne Identity" franchise, with George Nolfi writing the script.

Nolfi was co-writer of the third film, which was based on a story by Tony Gilroy.

Though the series is based on the Robert Ludlum novels, the new film won't be based on a Ludlum title, but rather an original story.

Director Paul Greengrass and star Matt Damon are attached to the new film.

-------------------------------------

While the movies were good, I'd actually say they were loosely based on Ludlum's novels.
Yeah, pretty loosely indeed. The first one has some common threads, but the other two had almost nothing to do with the books. As far as future films go, as far as I'm concerned keep making them until you can't make a good one. Some people get caught up in the word "trilogy" when it comes to movies but there's nothing special about the number three that says a fourth film can't be good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#3 was ridiculous. So I will follow your advice, unless someone sends me the DVD for free.

Don't count on it. I'll watch it and #3 wasn't as bad as you say it was.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05