The Break-Up

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Well, we saw this movie today and I was frankly surprised how much I liked it after all the bad reviews.

All the talk in this thread about Vince Vaughn, how hilarious he is, the movies he's done....this isn't one of those movies.

Sure, there are funny parts....and you laugh...but it's not a romantic comedy like the normal formula you always see.

It's a bit more hard and realistic and I for one liked it. My wife too.

I'm watching an interview with VV right now and they talk about that it isn't a romantic comedy formula. It is more real.

VV is funny even when not being funny. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this movie.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
All I got to say is go see the movie..She is so hot in the movie.She comes out of the shower all soaking wet.and walks past vince in the movie(hot)I know you can make fun of me.But I think she is way better looking then angelina.Its close but she just looks like a simple girl..no drama..

Attachments

• 2006_the_break_up_010.jpg
    2006_the_break_up_010.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 86

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who is that next to her?? It looks like Rachel Ray......but with something wrong.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this tonight - honestly I really really really really didn't like the way it ended.

Although, I kind of did... it fitted the movie overall.

I don't know. Ugh.

I thought Vince did a good job - very funny - but the serious moments he did pretty well in, too. Jennifer Aniston... I'm sorry but when I look at her I see Rachel from Friends. She did okay.

Overall it was pretty good - I'm going back and forth on whether or not I like the ending.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Trust me I give it 8 popcorns.until the end.Stupid ass ending.They could of did it a little different.But one thing jennifer anniston is hella hot in the movie...

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Saw it, ending left something missing. What was the whole point of them seeing eachother at the end w/out any type of info to wrap up the movie. Vince Vaugn was funny. And his boy that wanted to kill people was hilarious.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday. It was funny in spurts but not all that. I guess I kinda prepared myself for the ending from reading this thread.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched the movie and it has some great, great lines. VV is in the zone yet again. The film started off really strong, but kind of fizzles out. The alternate ending is even 100x worse than the original ending, which isnt goode either.

Jason Bateman, John Favreau, Justin Long and Private Pyle are all solid.

I think Favreau and D'Onofrio are having a contest to see who can pack and the most weight, thus becoming the least recognizable.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched the movie and it has some great, great lines. VV is in the zone yet again. The film started off really strong, but kind of fizzles out. The alternate ending is even 100x worse than the original ending, which isnt goode either.

Jason Bateman, John Favreau, Justin Long and Private Pyle are all solid.

I think Favreau and D'Onofrio are having a contest to see who can pack and the most weight, thus becoming the least recognizable.

Can you PM me what happened in the alternative ending, or put it in a spoiler? Im intrigued.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you PM me what happened in the alternative ending, or put it in a spoiler? Im intrigued.

Sure thing.

imdb.com said:
SPOILER: The original ending featuring Gary and Brooke running into each other at an art fair each dating someone that looked identical to the other (Brooke's date looked like Gary, and Gary's like Brooke) was scrapped when it tested poorly. A new ending was filmed with the same result but featured Gary and Brooke running into each other on the street alone. In both versions the two remained broken up.

Kate, it was all too much like the Ross/Russ thread on Friends and came out lame. On the alternate ending commentary by VV (who cowrote the film), he stated that they had subtitles at one point explaining the true feelings of the character to go along with the forced smiles and such. He said it came off way to inorganic and didnt fit the film. Personally I think both endings stink, but the theatrical one stunk less.]

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I anticipated that this movie would be knock down, drag out hilarious. The premise has all the makings of a comedy classic. However, while it was funny in parts, this movie made me nervous because my wife kept looking over at me with a condescending eye and anytime I did laugh, she would say something to the effect of, "Oh, you think that's funny?" In the end, this movie was a crap out and now my wife and I are in therapy because of it (j/k)....

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wife made me watch this last week. I liked it. I can't stand chick flicks normally, but this one was cool. I liked the quick one liner about a certain group of arizona athletes too. ;)

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
You're beyond a snob if you don't like comedies either...

I'm kind of a snob where I wont go see crappy movies like XXX, or Fast and the Furious, White Chicks, etc...but if I know a movie is good, or really funny, I'll go.

You cant say you love comedies if you dont like White Chicks. That movie is f'n hilarious. .. "Bask in the ambiance" LOL

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, I can't resist the bump....this movie sucked. I like VV, I like Jennifer Aniston, I was prepared for a cute, fun movie. I don't think I actually laughed once. It was awkward & boring. UGH! I actually bought it--anyone want it? Free to a good home...pm me, I'm serious.

The only thing I will give it is that it wasn't entirely predictable, which was refreshing.

edit: Movie has gone to a good home...:)

Last edited:

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
well, I can't resist the bump....this movie sucked. I like VV, I like Jennifer Aniston, I was prepared for a cute, fun movie. I don't think I actually laughed once. It was awkward & boring. UGH! I actually bought it--anyone want it? Free to a good home...pm me, I'm serious.

The only thing I will give it is that it wasn't entirely predictable, which was refreshing.

awww, bummer. if i had seen this, i would have snagged it. this movie will forever be enjoyable to me because i saw it in our hotel room in london on our honeymoon (sappy, i know). actually, it was about two days after this post that we watched it.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. I thought it was decent. It was just funny enough to keep me from losing interest. VV playing the video games and setting up camp in the living room was pretty funny. I agree with the earlier posts about the ending. It was pretty lame, so I checked out the alternative ending. Good god, it was even worse. The subtitle thing that abomb mentioned makes sense because they were just standing there looking at each other and it was very awkward.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

8+ months later...the Eagle has FINALLY landed!!

Hope you like it more than I did...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang, Office Space was 7 years ago?!?

I have gone on record that Anchorman is the best comedy since Dumb and Dumber. To deny yourself experiencing this movie at least 10x is borderline criminal. Maybe D-Dogg will give you one of his extra copies.

Whoa! Lets not get crazy here! lol I own Anchorman but I guess I wasnt overcome with giddyness afterwords.. Dumb and Dumber was well, dumb to me lol.. Im not a Jim Carey fan though, dont like any of his movies.. Lets see where my type of comdey is.. Hhmmm Ladies Man is definitly one of the best, to me at least, Meet the Parents was good to me..

Anyways, back on topic.. This movie (the Break Up) was funny to me.. I liked it.. :thumbup:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cant say you love comedies if you dont like White Chicks. That movie is f'n hilarious. .. "Bask in the ambiance" LOL

Ya, I saw White Chicks on TNT or some channel a couple months ago.. I actually thought it was gonna suck real bad but there are a few hilarious parts.. And that bald black dude was prolly the funniest part of the movie..

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
awww, bummer. if i had seen this, i would have snagged it. this movie will forever be enjoyable to me because i saw it in our hotel room in london on our honeymoon (sappy, i know). actually, it was about two days after this post that we watched it.
You watched the movie two days after you posted that you watched it?

:confused:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan