The Cardinals defense vs the Rams offense

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
So far this season the Cards defense has done very well against the run and with Faulk being injured and missing Sunday's game and having to start Lamar Gordon the Cards should virtually stop the Rams running attack next game. If we can just provide enough cover for our linemen to get to the QB we could actually the Cards pull off another shocker and go 2-2 for the season.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
We should beat the Rams if:

1)No offensive turnovers.

2)Create a pass rush and bliitz.

3)Do not under estimate their run game, Faulk or no Faulk.

4)Don't give the Rams the long ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My concern is most of the Rams TO's are the result of pass rush, either QB fumbles, or picks. With our pass rush struggling so much, Bulger may have a field day. He's my fantasy QB and I'm seriously tempted to start him and hope we win in a shootout.

IN fact after looking, I HAVE to start him Warner won't play and Delhomme has a bye, as do Koren Robinson, Rickey Williams and Tampa's defense, looks like I'll be in big trouble next week.

So hopefully we win a big shootout with Freddie having a huge day.

In reality I think that if you don't get pressure, you have to play disciplined and hope they force throws, remember Bulger forced several against us last year seeing our zone.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oran
We should beat the Rams if:

1)No offensive turnovers.

2)Create a pass rush and bliitz.

3)Do not under estimate their run game, Faulk or no Faulk.

4)Don't give the Rams the long ball.

#2 and #4 will be well nigh impossible unless Marmie suddenly grows a brain, some balls, or both.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
My concern is most of the Rams TO's are the result of pass rush, either QB fumbles, or picks. With our pass rush struggling so much, Bulger may have a field day. He's my fantasy QB and I'm seriously tempted to start him and hope we win in a shootout.

IN fact after looking, I HAVE to start him Warner won't play and Delhomme has a bye, as do Koren Robinson, Rickey Williams and Tampa's defense, looks like I'll be in big trouble next week.

In reality I think that if you don't get pressure, you have to play disciplined and hope they force throws, remember Bulger forced several against us last year seeing our zone.

Well I sat A Green on my fantasy team just because I really hate rooting for shootouts which is all you can do when someone starts against the Cardinals.

It worked out for me but honestly you can make a little difference in your fantasy team because no one knows any of our players I started Boldin and he is the man.... :) He actually is great for a rookie if you check he so far has been more consistent than a lot of vetrans which is really remarkable. Usually you have one good game and then the jig is up they know to look for you and you aren't heard from again that year.

I got him in the last round too so he was a giant value....... Sometimes it pays to know about a team no one cares about.....

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith

Russ, my nightmare will be those Ram WRs running crazy in the Cards D backfield...and it seems likely that Bulger will have ample time to allow for guys to get open. Again, the gameplan will be ball possession for the Cards offense and some real consistent pressure is needed on defense and force Bulger to hurry up on his reads and throws.

This is a major (maybe the first real one) test for the secondary. They need some help covering with a good rush...and I am not confident it will come.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by conraddobler
Well I sat A Green on my fantasy team just because I really hate rooting for shootouts which is all you can do when someone starts against the Cardinals.

It worked out for me but honestly you can make a little difference in your fantasy team because no one knows any of our players I started Boldin and he is the man.... :) He actually is great for a rookie if you check he so far has been more consistent than a lot of vetrans which is really remarkable. Usually you have one good game and then the jig is up they know to look for you and you aren't heard from again that year.

I got him in the last round too so he was a giant value....... Sometimes it pays to know about a team no one cares about.....

Boldin was claimed after week1. We did the draft so late I never got a chance to make sure I picked him and I barely set my lineup that week. By the time I claimed him he was gone.

I just got BJ and cut Travis Taylor, with Blake playing for us Taylor is back to being a bust.

Maybe we can get the Ravens to trade him to us (-:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Russ and Stout - Marmie's scheme will get shredded by St. Louis unless we blitz a lot, and Marmie just refuses to put in an aggressive pressure package.

This is a bad matchup for us on defense. Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce are going to kill our soft zones. Bruce is the best zone killer in football.

I thought we'd beat both Seattle and Green Bay but St. Louis will kill our defense and outscore us.

Stout

Reaction score
Skkorp, you are near and around the team...are you hearing any whisperings about Marmie?

Maybe, and this is a huge speculation, Mac is not allowing Marmie to be aggressive? I doubt it, but I guess it's another side of the issue that, though doubtful, is possible.

spanky

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Skkorp, you are near and around the team...are you hearing any whisperings about Marmie?

Maybe, and this is a huge speculation, Mac is not allowing Marmie to be aggressive? I doubt it, but I guess it's another side of the issue that, though doubtful, is possible.

We all are concerned about the lack of a solid defensive game plan so far this year and are quick to dump all over Marmie. But Mac's roots are as a D Coach and he must have some influence over what is Marmie is doing........no?

Stout

Reaction score
Originally posted by spanky
We all are concerned about the lack of a solid defensive game plan so far this year and are quick to dump all over Marmie. But Mac's roots are as a D Coach and he must have some influence over what is Marmie is doing........no?

Er...who knows? Maybe?