The Cardinals will try to trade out of the first pick

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals

Cardinals won't pause at a good offer for No. 1 pick

The Cardinals will try to trade out of the first pick -- and just might succeed. If the Cardinals can get what they want for the No. 1 overall selection, I don't think they'll hesitate to make the trade, stockpile picks and try to improve on their 3-13 record with depth. Trading for picks would make sense because Arizona has needs at wide receiver, offensive line, tight end and on the defensive line. -- Josh Weinfuss

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Earth to Bullhead, the Cardinals have NEEDS at QB. And someone said that QB is a fairly important position. Please let Weinfuss know.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Earth to Bullhead, the Cardinals have NEEDS at QB. And someone said that QB is a fairly important position. Please let Weinfuss know.

Yeah, but you don't use #1 draft picks on backup players. We have our starting QB, so let's, you know, give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. Maybe a WR to throw to, and a dual threat TE to block/catch for him. Crazy talk, I know.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals

Cardinals won't pause at a good offer for No. 1 pick

The Cardinals will try to trade out of the first pick -- and just might succeed. If the Cardinals can get what they want for the No. 1 overall selection, I don't think they'll hesitate to make the trade, stockpile picks and try to improve on their 3-13 record with depth. Trading for picks would make sense because Arizona has needs at wide receiver, offensive line, tight end and on the defensive line. -- Josh Weinfuss
I think they will end up accepting a fairly weak offer if they trade out...maybe a second and a third...depending how far back they move. but so long as they stay in the top ten we can still see an ed oliver or Montez sweat in the first round.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they will end up accepting a fairly weak offer if they trade out...maybe a second and a third...depending how far back they move. but so long as they stay in the top ten we can still see an ed oliver or Montez sweat in the first round.

It will take more than that to walk away from Bosa, Q, Allen, Oliver....

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The only reason you trade down is because you want Murray and know you can get him lower.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The only reason you trade down is because you want Murray and know you can get him lower.

Um, no? I mean, if you DON'T want Murray but you DO get offered a haul of picks, that's another reason. Or you want a player that you're confident will be there later, say at #4, and Oakland offers you a package. Or...there are a lot of scenarios.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
???

If Josh Rosen was in this draft, he'd be off the board before KM.

I remind u last draft he was the fourth qb selected, the qb needy teams didn't want to do anything with him at the point even josh Allen was selected earlier

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Um, no? I mean, if you DON'T want Murray but you DO get offered a haul of picks, that's another reason. Or you want a player that you're confident will be there later, say at #4, and Oakland offers you a package. Or...there are a lot of scenarios.

Fair but losing out on a Q or Bosa doesn't warrant picking up a late 1st round pick.

You have 2 guys at the top

Then a group of another 3 or so

and then 6-15 are about the same

16-35 are as well

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Trading down even for a below average offer and still being able to draft Ed Oliver, who might turn out the biggest game changer in this deep DL class anyway, would be a solid move. The additional top 100 picks could set up a nice foundation for the future which we need badly. Let alone an additional 1st round pick either this year or next.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Would be surprised if another team is desperate enough to offer the compensation demanded by Cardinals.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I remind u last draft he was the fourth qb selected, the qb needy teams didn't want to do anything with him at the point even josh Allen was selected earlier
all those qb's selected ahead of him had better measurables with the exception of bake mayfield whose leadership is off the charts. Last year was the best QB class since 83... this year is poo... Josh Rosen would have been the first QB off the board this year hands down.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see anyone trading up. So Murray is a generational talent for just the Cardinals and their new coach who didn't win at the college level.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
all those qb's selected ahead of him had better measurables with the exception of bake mayfield whose leadership is off the charts. Last year was the best QB class since 83... this year is ****... Josh Rosen would have been the first QB off the board this year hands down.

Best draft class I dont think so
Cause the year with mahomes deshaun watson and trubisky wss far better
Just Mayfield played good football
Rosen was terrible
Allen, a tigh end converted qb who didnt show anything to be considered a qb starter
Darnold didn't impress me either

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see anyone trading up. So Murray is a generational talent for just the Cardinals and their new coach who didn't win at the college level.

Lets wait when a coach get some trophy at texas tech

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best draft class I dont think so
Cause the year with mahomes deshaun watson and trubisky wss far better
Just Mayfield played good football
Rosen was terrible
Allen, a tigh end converted qb who didnt show anything to be considered a qb starter
Darnold didn't impress me either
Once Darnold & Rosen get actual football players around them, they’ll be a lot better than Trubiscuit.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes and watson are not even comparable to them
Well it does help they have actual football players with them, but I was just a little mad you tried to sneak Trubiscuit in there.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it does help they have actual football players with them, but I was just a little mad you tried to sneak Trubiscuit in there.

He has been part of that qb class
Its like if u ignoring Rosen name of the 2018 qb class cause he has been terrible in his rookie season