The Dexter Jackson situation about to get messy

spanky1

Reaction score
While many question the credibility of www.profootballtalk.com they do come up with some "scoops" from time to time and they have a blurb today on Dexter Jackson. It appears that the Cards' team doc said he was healthy, but not after a physical but rather a "five minute conversation". He is apparently set to file a grievance with the league.

Having said this, the proof will be in the pudding as there are a handful of teams (Jags, Bills, Rams, Steelers, Bucs, Bengals, Vikings, Raiders, and Redskins) lining up to try and get him. My guess is that if he passes a physical, there will be little merit in filing a grievance.

This has not endeared the team in the eyes of some league insiders, the article says, and is another example of why players are not rushing to sign with the team in FA.

It appears to some that the dumping of Jackson was a way to get out from under his contract.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
silly

I put about as much stock in this as the idea that Jackson was in Green's dog house for any reason other than injury. Jackson is a playmaker and he has that intensity on the field that Green loves. He was easily our best defensive player last year and I believe that if the Cardinals believed he would play again, they'd be glad to keep his contract on board.

You're right though, if another team picks him up and he plays this year thats proof that I was wrong.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Every team dumps players for salary reasons.Why is the Cardinals doing it have any more effect on free agency than any other team?The players go where the biggest signing bonus is.That's their only guranteed money and they know it.

Cats

Rookie
Reaction score
I emailed profootballtalk rumor mill because Mike Jurecki talked about Jackson . He said that he talked to Jackson and he did not want to be here and Jurecki's sources said that he was not buying into Denny Green's program. Jurecki said that bottom line Dexter Jackson wanted out and Denny Green wanted him out.

Remember Green saying when he first got here he didn't want players who didn't want to play here.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Cats said:
I emailed profootballtalk rumor mill because Mike Jurecki talked about Jackson . He said that he talked to Jackson and he did not want to be here and Jurecki's sources said that he was not buying into Denny Green's program. Jurecki said that bottom line Dexter Jackson wanted out and Denny Green wanted him out.

Remember Green saying when he first got here he didn't want players who didn't want to play here.

:raccoon:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cats said:

Whats up Cats? Good to see you over here.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Whats up Cats? Good to see you over here.

Wont last long. She always pops in and then leaves for a long long period of time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Every team dumps players for salary reasons.Why is the Cardinals doing it have any more effect on free agency than any other team?The players go where the biggest signing bonus is.That's their only guranteed money and they know it.

If that rumor is true, we cut an injured player which is against the rules. But I don't believe it, teh NFL checks these things, we're not an idiotic franchise we know we can't get away with it.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Wont last long. She always pops in and then leaves for a long long period of time.
Cats is a woman???????

:shock:

I did not know that.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Cats said:

:thumbup:

Cats

Rookie
Reaction score
Shane H said:

How in the hell do you know if I'm a guy or a gal ?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cats said:
Shane used to post all the time at the official site as azcrdsfan

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
Well we now are positive you are a gal cause how psycho you just got. :wave:

Based on that insightful :rolleyes: observation.......then this board must be plumb full of women posters. :doi:

Cats

Rookie
Reaction score
It's funny this started on the Cards board also, but I've met KingofCards at the rally for keeping the stadium in Mesa with my sign SIMMS Stadium in Mesa Makes Sense and I was interviewed on TV. If any of you saw that, with my long beard know who I am.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Based on that insightful :rolleyes: observation.......then this board must be plumb full of women posters. :doi:

Thanks Tango!! I had a bet with one of my boys and I won!! He bet me that you wouldnt post something stupid and off topic. hmm, Guess what!! You did!!! Thanks buddy, I owe you a beer. :thumbup: Thanks again best buddy. :thumbup:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cats said:

Actually that was a very bad typo sorry Cats! :D

I knew you were a man from the pics you posted on the site in the south enzone years back on the official site. In case you forgot me I was azcrdfan just like King said! :shrug:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
Umm I thought Cats was a female. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well if thats true then I really am screwed up and my typo wasnt really a typo :eek: . I distinctly remember a pic in the south seats with a long beard. But then again a women was in the pic too. :D

Hell that was at least two years ago too. What the hell do I know! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05