The Dexter Jackson situation about to get messy

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Well if thats true then I really am screwed up and my typo wasnt really a typo :eek: . I distinctly remember a pic in the south seats with a long beard. But then again a women was in the pic too. :D

Hell that was at least two years ago too. What the hell do I know! :D

AZsouthendzone told me she was female, I sit in sec 40 but have never met Cats yet. Fiasco is here and can shed some light on this subject.

Cats

Rookie
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I havent found out how to change my name on this board!. Nice to see you over here Cats.

For your info
It is your responsibility to keep the information in your profile up-to-date. You should especially ensure that your email address is kept current. You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cats said:
It's funny this started on the Cards board also, but I've met KingofCards at the rally for keeping the stadium in Mesa with my sign SIMMS Stadium in Mesa Makes Sense and I was interviewed on TV. If any of you saw that, with my long beard know who I am.
Yeah, I knew that was you. Thats why Shanes post threw me off.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
TigToad said:
I put about as much stock in this as the idea that Jackson was in Green's dog house for any reason other than injury. Jackson is a playmaker and he has that intensity on the field that Green loves. He was easily our best defensive player last year and I believe that if the Cardinals believed he would play again, they'd be glad to keep his contract on board.

You're right though, if another team picks him up and he plays this year thats proof that I was wrong.

I really think Jackson didn't want to play for green.

His signing from a SB team was for $$$$$$$ only. He liked the laid back players coaching of McGinnis.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WildBB said:
I really think Jackson didn't want to play for green.

His signing from a SB team was for $$$$$$$ only. He liked the laid back players coaching of McGinnis.

The argument there is he was reportedly about to sign with Pittsburgh and Cowher when we upped our offer to get him. If he just wanted an easy ride I doubt he would have considered Pittsburgh.

Who knows, we do know that Green said repeatedly you can't impress me if you can't practice. I think Jackson felt hey I've started on a Super Bowl champ, I was the best defensive player on this team last year, if that's not enough for you I don't know what is. I think they had a fundamental disagreement and Green won because he benched him and then put him on IR and then cut him.

Will be interesting to see if he can pass physicals or not.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Cats is a dude! You guys need to lay whatever fantasies you have about him (her in your mind) to rest!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
The argument there is he was reportedly about to sign with Pittsburgh and Cowher when we upped our offer to get him. If he just wanted an easy ride I doubt he would have considered Pittsburgh.

Who knows, we do know that Green said repeatedly you can't impress me if you can't practice. I think Jackson felt hey I've started on a Super Bowl champ, I was the best defensive player on this team last year, if that's not enough for you I don't know what is. I think they had a fundamental disagreement and Green won because he benched him and then put him on IR and then cut him.

Will be interesting to see if he can pass physicals or not.

Sounds like you hit it dead on.

Interestingly enough many Giants had the same problem with Coughlin coming in.

The difference was Coughlin stuck with the core guys , four of which complained to the union (sound familiar) about off season conditioning, team meeting requirements , which resulted in a two day loss of workouts. He got beyond the little head games - but did insist on disipline to make them compete.

Green IMO went overboard w/ Jackson and Kendall. The results are obvious to me. We'd be better with them than w/o them. Just like the Giants are now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WildBB said:

The difference was Coughlin stuck with the core guys , four of which complained to the union (sound familiar) about off season conditioning, team meeting requirements , which resulted in a two day loss of workouts. He got beyond the little head games - but did insist on disipline to make them compete.

Green IMO went overboard w/ Jackson and Kendall. The results are obvious to me. We'd be better with them than w/o them. Just like the Giants are now.

Well so far Green is looking less "bad" because nobody has signed Dex yet.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
WildBB said:

Is Kendall still playing or is he taking his normal yearly 6 games off...

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardNots said:
Is Kendall still playing or is he taking his normal yearly 6 games off...

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (Oct. 18, 2004) -- New York Jets receiver Santana Moss, and guards Pete Kendall and Brandon Moore are probable for the Week 7 game against New England.

All three missed Week 6's victory over San Francisco with injuries. Moss and Moore had strained hamstrings, while Kendall sat out with a broken right toe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WildBB said:

Good comparison here - oh wait - you're comparing veteran leaders - and one probable hall of famer in NY who have been to a Super Bowl recently and were one year removed from the playoffs to the "leaders" on a team that was an abomination last year. That's right - there is no comparison.

There is a reason we sucked ass last year as much as we did with the type of leadership on the field and in the locker room.

Zero basis for comparison IMO.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Good comparison here - oh wait - you're comparing veteran leaders - and one probable hall of famer in NY who have been to a Super Bowl recently and were one year removed from the playoffs to the "leaders" on a team that was an abomination last year. That's right - there is no comparison.

There is a reason we sucked ass last year as much as we did with the type of leadership on the field and in the locker room.

cheesebeef,
Great post. Well articulated...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't know which 4 Giants complained? I assume Strahan is the probable HOF guy?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't know which 4 Giants complained? I assume Strahan is the probable HOF guy?

Yeah - Tiki was apparently one of the complainers also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05