The Edge issue

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont get to play against third string LTs every game

but lets face it: the Cards havent always made teams pay for having to get deep into their depth chart

Yeah the guy today was terrible. Even got lucky had a couple of very obvious holds and a hands to the face that weren't called or it would have been worse. Gardeck destroyed him but you don't see LT's that bad very often. ANd when you do, they usually are on our team.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah the guy today was terrible. Even got lucky had a couple of very obvious holds and a hands to the face that weren't called or it would have been worse. Gardeck destroyed him but you don't see LT's that bad very often. ANd when you do, they usually are on our team.
Gardeck might be the best pass rusher vs 3rd string OTs I've ever seen. It seems like all of his sacks come in waves.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares if they spent 30M on him this year? You'd rather have the 30M lining Bidwill pockets vs. spending it on a great pass rusher? Insanity.

I see a confusion between cap space, available cash, football operation expenditures, and Bidwill returns on investment.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, it's still the truth. Gardeck feasted on sub-Gardeck talent is all.

Well at least he feasted when he should. It would be very concerning if he didn't.

As for the Cardinals Edge issue, I think it is still a major issue. I don't expect to see a ton of pressure on Goff next week.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't mean to open a can of worms here, and I am genuinely asking this question. Is Redick an option? I saw some media speculation that he could be obtained with a 4th round pick, and of course you would have to pay him. Is he disruptive in the locker room or something? Or maybe there is just not the room to pay him?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I don't mean to open a can of worms here, and I am genuinely asking this question. Is Redick an option? I saw some media speculation that he could be obtained with a 4th round pick, and of course you would have to pay him. Is he disruptive in the locker room or something? Or maybe there is just not the room to pay him?
He is an option if the fallout continues with the Jets. Gambo (local reporter here for anyone who doesn't know) said the cards were keeping an eye out for him if he hits the market

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Jets say they wont trade him
experts say they certainly wont take less than the third they paid for him because it would make the GM look a fool.
I wouldnt object to making a play for him if he will accept something like 3/70/50

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t think he fits this culture.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this coaching staff is really high on Darius Robinson, and he is a lot cheaper salary wise but he has not performed in a real game yet.

However, it seems to me that it would be easier to get a read on a good edge rusher in training camp that it would be a qb or WR.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser