The Grudge

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Grudge

Synopsis: Based on a seminal Japanese film (or series of films, actually), The Grudge brings to the States a unique take on the horror genre from the mind of filmmaker Takashi Shimizu. Intent on doing justice to the original films, producer Sam Raimi convinced Shimizu to direct the American version. Gellar stars as Karen, a young American nurse living in Japan with her architecture student boyfriend. During a routine visit to a house-bound mental patient, she inadvertently stumbles upon a gnarly curse and the mayhem begins.

Cast: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jason Behr, Clea DuVall, Bill Pullman, Kadee Strickland

Attachments

• grudge.jpg
    grudge.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 162

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
The Grudge

Synopsis: Based on a seminal Japanese film (or series of films, actually), The Grudge brings to the States a unique take on the horror genre from the mind of filmmaker Takashi Shimizu. Intent on doing justice to the original films, producer Sam Raimi convinced Shimizu to direct the American version. Gellar stars as Karen, a young American nurse living in Japan with her architecture student boyfriend. During a routine visit to a house-bound mental patient, she inadvertently stumbles upon a gnarly curse and the mayhem begins.

Cast: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jason Behr, Clea DuVall, Bill Pullman, Kadee Strickland

Geez! Just viewing the picture posted makes me unable to sleep tonight! Thanks a bunch! EEEEK!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it on wednsday. Was very scary for sure! :thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty formulaic, but scary. It was probably the scariest movie I've seen in a while. It was weird--I was watching it alone last night and I found myself thinking, "why am I all creeped out? I'm a grown man and haven't been scared in the movies for at least 15 years."

The story wasn't spectacular, but it was scary!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Pariah said:
pretty formulaic, but scary. It was probably the scariest movie I've seen in a while. It was weird--I was watching it alone last night and I found myself thinking, "why am I all creeped out? I'm a grown man and haven't been scared in the movies for at least 15 years."

The story wasn't spectacular, but it was scary!

I felt the same way exact way. I liked it becuase it wasnt all blood and guts or special effects just good old fashion jump out at you make you feel like someone is under your bed scare tactics. Its all about the lead up to the scare and I thought they did it great.

I got a hold of the original version and it was great as well.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was okay.

I think the problem with was that I recorded it and had to watch it over a span of 2 days, so the scare factor just wasn't there for me. it was a little spooky, but I thought "The Ring" was much scarier.

It was original though. I really liked the Tokyo setting and Japanese actors, which made the movie seem less mainstream.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. It’s getting spoofed in Scary Movie 4, so I thought that I’d better see it before I watch the Scary Movie series. I didn’t think it was that great. I liked The Ring, so I thought I would like this too. However, it just didn’t freak me out for some reason. I don’t think they did a good enough job of explaining what the “grudge” was all about and how it got started.