The Island

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Scarlett cant act her way out of a paper bag. Shes almost worst than Heather Graham. I didnt hate this film as I expected to with it being a Michael Bay film. But I wouldnt sit through it a second time or anything.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scarlett cant act her way out of a paper bag. Shes almost worst than Heather Graham. I didnt hate this film as I expected to with it being a Michael Bay film. But I wouldnt sit through it a second time or anything.

I wouldn't rate her on this film...she's been good in others.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't rate her on this film...she's been good in others.

I actually agree with Schut. She is great to look at. But her acting isnt the best. Her best film(acting wise) is that Woody Allan movie I cant remember off hand.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Let's face it: Scarlett doesn't have to be a strong actress in The Island. But she was perfectly capable in Scoop, and was quite good in the aforementioned Match Point, The Girl with the Pearl Earring and Lost in Translation. Oh, and Ghost World, while a so-so movie, had great performances by her and Thora Birch.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didnt see Scoop. Never even heard of it for that matter. She was absolutely TERRIBLE is Match Point. this blank faced forced emotion acting that she apparently can get by with with a simple pursing of those lips. She was almost unbearable in The Black Dahlia and merely passable in The Prestige. Too bad both of those movies overall were weak. I was OK with her in Lost in Translation as Murray was just fantastic so he shadowed a lot of her annoying nuances such as the afore mentioned lip pursing. Ghost World was an excellent film in my opinion. So Ill throw her a little love there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt see Scoop. Never even heard of it for that matter. She was absolutely TERRIBLE is Match Point. this blank faced forced emotion acting that she apparently can get by with with a simple pursing of those lips. She was almost unbearable in The Black Dahlia and merely passable in The Prestige. Too bad both of those movies overall were weak. I was OK with her in Lost in Translation as Murray was just fantastic so he shadowed a lot of her annoying nuances such as the afore mentioned lip pursing. Ghost World was an excellent film in my opinion. So Ill throw her a little love there.

Note to self, add movie advice to the list of things that I won't consult schutd over.

1. Food
2. Movie

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Might as well add music to the list to, Dreamcast, as my taste level there is impeccable as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Thats just plain stupid. Or youre just plain.

:biglaugh:

You listed some pretty good movies there. She wasn't terrible in Match Point, and better than passable in The Black Dahlia. I haven't seen the Prestige yet, as I need to get the Bluray.

Might as well add music to the list to, Dreamcast, as my taste level there is impeccable as well.

Quick, give me some music advice so I can add you.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And fashion. Don't forget fashion...
Dreamcast's list of things to not improve upon
1. Food
2. Movies
3. Music
4. Fashion

Basically the joys of life. But we can certainly go drinking together, right? you do drink, right?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm certainly full of opinions. But I try to always expel them with some amount of levity. I dont throw em out there unless I really believe it to br true. I thought she was TERRIBLE in Matchpoint. MNy wife and I just made fun of her through the whole thing. And I secretly thought about how hot she is. She's hot in real life, too. Saw her drinking with some friends in a local NYC bar recently. Wanted to listen in on her conversation to see if she overacts in real life too, but it was too loud.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And fashion. Don't forget fashion...
Dreamcast's list of things to not improve upon
1. Food
2. Movies
3. Music
4. Fashion

Basically the joys of life. But we can certainly go drinking together, right? you do drink, right?

I do drink, but not beer. Patron, or some expensive drink for me thanks.

I'm certainly full of opinions. But I try to always expel them with some amount of levity. I dont throw em out there unless I really believe it to br true. I thought she was TERRIBLE in Matchpoint. MNy wife and I just made fun of her through the whole thing. And I secretly thought about how hot she is. She's hot in real life, too. Saw her drinking with some friends in a local NYC bar recently. Wanted to listen in on her conversation to see if she overacts in real life too, but it was too loud.

I don't mind that your opinionated, I just don't agree with most of them. ;)