The JETS are coming to your town!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets said:
No. He has had problems with every receiver.
He did pretty well last year if he could manage to stay physical with receivers at the line. Straight speed types seemed to cause problems though.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pete Kendell returns to the desert. Should be fun. He'll be going after it with with Davis and Dockett. I promise you that. Should be some excellent action in the trenches on Sunday.

We're tough at home dudes. Jets will probably head back to the big apple with their tails between their legs!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The_Soothsayer said:
Thruthfully Barrett for the most part has had a pretty pedestrian year so far(which isn't the worst thing to say about a CB). While he hasn't made many great plays he really hasn't been burned either. As far as I've been able to tell he's been holding his own against all types of receivers.
That's what we remember about him. Would have been happy to keep him but not too a great disaster that he went.

On balance David macklin is probably a slight upgrade for less cap room.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets said:
It should. Both offenses suck if they don't have RBs.
But supposedly, Carolina didn't have a RB and look what they did to us.
And Miami...

:bang:

Ugh, I think this is going to be a freaking long game for us.

Any of you Jets guys coming in for the game or live here in AZ?

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's been talk in the local radio shows that Lamont Jordan would look dynamite in Cardinal Red next year and fit great in Denny's system and could come at a great bargain - 3 / 4 years ~ 10-12 million range.

Has there been any talk about him re-signing there or going somewhere else?

He does intrigued me.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
We catch a break in not having to deal with Chad Pennington but Curtis Martin will make life difficult for our defense.

Long range weather forecast is for rain and bitter cold (60 degrees). That will keep the crowd small.

re: Weather....

This is bad news, as we all know that the Arizona Cards (as opposed to the former St. Louis Cards) can't play in "real" football weather... :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
There's been talk in the local radio shows that Lamont Jordan would look dynamite in Cardinal Red next year and fit great in Denny's system and could come at a great bargain - 3 / 4 years ~ 10-12 million range.

Has there been any talk about him re-signing there or going somewhere else?

He does intrigued me.

Jordan said unless he's starting he won't come back, he's as good as gone unless Martin retires.

If that contract is legit it'd be a good deal, been pimping Jordan all year, he's a good player.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Jordan said unless he's starting he won't come back, he's as good as gone unless Martin retires.

If that contract is legit it'd be a good deal, been pimping Jordan all year, he's a good player.
Found this is today's USAToday (online):

LaMont Jordan will be a free agent at season's end. The Jets plan to make a strong effort to bring him back, and though he will receive opportunities to start elsewhere, Jordan said he'd remain with the Jets if the money were equal, according to the New York Daily News.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
The JETS will make an effort to resign Lamont Jordan. However, Terry Bradway doesn't have the best record of resigning his free agents. I'm worried some other team will swoop in and sign him away from us.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The_Soothsayer said:
The JETS will make an effort to resign Lamont Jordan. However, Terry Bradway doesn't have the best record of resigning his free agents. I'm worried some other team will swoop in and sign him away from us.

:cards:

If jordan runs all over us I hope it turns a light bulb on in Greens head.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
:cards:

If jordan runs all over us I hope it turns a light bulb on in Greens head.
Sorry...You can't have him!!

BTW...Denny's got the Cards playing pretty well. Are you guys happy w/ him?

Last edited:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The_Soothsayer said:
Sorry...You can't have him!!

BTW...Denny's got the Cards playing pretyy well. Are you guys happy w/ him?

Yup.

Not too happy with Rb's though among other things like the line. But I sure would like a younger stud that can shoot out a long run once in awhile on his own or pound it between the tackles and make you pay.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
The_Soothsayer said:

But dont you have to resign Abraham, Ellis, Jordan, and....I thought there was one more...anyway, you will end up losing at least one fo them and my money is on Jordan and maybe Ellis.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
But dont you have to resign Abraham, Ellis, Jordan, and....I thought there was one more...anyway, you will end up losing at least one fo them and my money is on Jordan and maybe Ellis.
There's some speculation that with the projected increase in the league's salary cap for next season that the JETS may have enough cap space to resign these three players.

We'll see.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The_Soothsayer said:
There's some speculation that with the projected increase in the league's salary cap for next season that the JETS may have enough cap space to resign these three players.

We'll see.

I say we leave the cap alone, or at least until Seattle gets screwed out of Shawn Alexander and Walter Jones.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
The_Soothsayer said:

We'll see.

Some Jets fans I talk to say despite how well Ellis has played last year that they would rather keep Abraham if it boiled down to it. Ellis isnt having the year he had last year and Abraham is having a monster year. I dunno, losing either one of them, IMO, would be bad. I'd let Jordan go since he wont be starting any time soon and try and resign both Abraham and Ellis.

Your front 7 is very good this year!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The_Soothsayer said:
You are correct, I'm a die hard JETS fan.

BTW if the JETS are gonna have any shot @ the post season this year winning this week's game in Arizona is critical.
Well looks like your season will be over by monday.

:wave:

Ha look, its a lil green guy (jets fan) waving bye bye to their season.

:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Found this is today's USAToday (online):

Damn, everything I'd read had Jordan saying without a guarantee of playing time, he'd be gone.

Told you we should have traded them Clement and a 7th rounder for him :)

I still have him as my #1 FA RB. I think the Jets are just figuring Martin won't last forever, this guy's a legit #1RB, we ought to keep him if we can.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05