The NBA offseason, sponsored by ESPN

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Chad Ford (left) and his producer discuss the latest NBA rumors before going on the air. Ailing from the lowest-rated Finals in history, the NBA and ESPN has recaptured the public's interest with a dramatic off-season. (ESPN/Disney images)
Couldn't find the accompanying story to back this one up ... much like their rumors.

asudevil83

Reaction score
that is EXACTLY what ESPN/ABC have done. considering they just signed an extension with the NBA on airing rights.

they are just spouting ****.....and its become pretty obvious. it brought us back into caring about the nba.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
From another point of view, they are cannabalizing their own business. Why would we frequent these news agencies in the future if they refuse to do proper journalism? They may be helping the nba, but at the expense of their own credibility?

Regardless, I think we can all agree that these rumors and BS the last week are pretty much all the Spurs fault. :)

Errntknght

Reaction score
I put forward the same general idea a few days ago, though I didn't list ESPN as the designated hype generators - they were clearly willing collaborators but the GMs and even the players contributed greatly.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll let you one thing. All these rumors have distracted me from thinking about the suspensions.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you can't find someone or something to blame, you just blame the Spurs? Strange.

-Mars

I thought Spurs fans were fond of referring to their GM as "CIA Bob." Nothing like a good disinformation campaign to break in Kerr, who is definitely "off the reservation."