THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well deserved all around. Newcastle showed up to take it to PSG, and that's exactly what they did. Well deserved and could easily have been more. Two local Geordie lads with freaking CL goals, and the Swiss Mr. Fabian Schar scored one that will go down in history. What can you say about Miggy? Class when he's on his game, and man, was he on his game.

What a game and what a night! Howe-way the lads!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well deserved all around. Newcastle showed up to take it to PSG, and that's exactly what they did. Well deserved and could easily have been more. Two local Geordie lads with freaking CL goals, and the Swiss Mr. Fabian Schar scored one that will go down in history. What can you say about Miggy? Class when he's on his game, and man, was he on his game.

What a game and what a night! Howe-way the lads!
As a goalkeeping error? It was a hard shot, but it went right at the GK and he should have done better.

I had a feeling that Newcastle could get out of this group, and I still do. They win their other two home games and then sit on 10 points. I think that would be enough.

Have faith Stout!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
As a goalkeeping error? It was a hard shot, but it went right at the GK and he should have done better.

I had a feeling that Newcastle could get out of this group, and I still do. They win their other two home games and then sit on 10 points. I think that would be enough.

Have faith Stout!
I think you're thinking of the Longstaff goal. Schar put a screamer into the upper corner in injury time.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're thinking of the Longstaff goal. Schar put a screamer into the upper corner in injury time.
You right. I was confusing the two. Schar's goal was awesome.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
You right. I was confusing the two. Schar's goal was awesome.
No worries :)

I call him the Swiss Mister because my mother loves him. She tells me she never wants to look up at the TV (when I'm watching at home) unless the "Swiss Mister, Dutch Delight--Sven Botman--, or Big Dan Burn" is on hahaha At first she didn't find Dan Burn good looking, until she learned he's 6'7 :D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries :)

I call him the Swiss Mister because my mother loves him. She tells me she never wants to look up at the TV (when I'm watching at home) unless the "Swiss Mister, Dutch Delight--Sven Botman--, or Big Dan Burn" is on hahaha At first she didn't find Dan Burn good looking, until she learned he's 6'7 :D
Hahaha

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Although losing the lead at the end hurts, I'm not going to complain at the result. The ref sucked--mainly in Newcastle's favor. Bruno should've been sent off for a second yellow early, and Miggy should've seen a yellow for asking for a card--which the ref did to a West Ham player. Very poor officiating. Good thing the Mags woke up in the 2nd half.

On Lascelles, he's a great captain and I very much appreciate his grit and what he's done for this club. That said, there's a big reason the Mags tried to replace him in the close season, and he's the sole reason West Ham even had a goal to sit on in the first place. Very, very poor in not stopping the play to start with, not listening to Trippier to fall back, not tracking the runner, and then not getting back into the play. Awful, just awful. He's been huge the last few games, but let's hope Botman is back after the break.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although losing the lead at the end hurts, I'm not going to complain at the result. The ref sucked--mainly in Newcastle's favor. Bruno should've been sent off for a second yellow early, and Miggy should've seen a yellow for asking for a card--which the ref did to a West Ham player. Very poor officiating. Good thing the Mags woke up in the 2nd half.

On Lascelles, he's a great captain and I very much appreciate his grit and what he's done for this club. That said, there's a big reason the Mags tried to replace him in the close season, and he's the sole reason West Ham even had a goal to sit on in the first place. Very, very poor in not stopping the play to start with, not listening to Trippier to fall back, not tracking the runner, and then not getting back into the play. Awful, just awful. He's been huge the last few games, but let's hope Botman is back after the break.
Completely agree. This is the refs overcompensating for the Liverpool game and the Jota game. Both Kovacic for City and Bruno should have been sent off but weren't.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Tonali smh Dang, Botman still not healthy enough to make the squad? I'm betting he's being saved for the CL. Isak only on the bench, but also probably starting in the CL. Lascelles had a clanger against West Ham but has been solid otherwise. Wilson is nails. Should beat Palace.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ugh, a loss to BD then a leggy draw giving away two points (thanks for punching and not catching that ball, Popey!) to Wolves, with lots of injuries in the mix. Bad week. Hope it doesn't get worse.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Unfortunately this one looks like a loss, with the starting lineup. Oof! Hard to blame this on Howe either. Can't only bring in two real senior players, no third striker, midfield, winger, or defensive cover, and hope your squad holds up. Ah well.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Hahahahaha! Kicked the crap out of Man U with our freaking B side! We played Krafth and Dummett at CB and Matt Ritchie was in the lineup. The LB and RB were kids--but man, do those kids (Livramento and Hall) look good. No out and out striker either.

Hope it's Ten Haag's last game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha! Kicked the crap out of Man U with our freaking B side! We played Krafth and Dummett at CB and Matt Ritchie was in the lineup. The LB and RB were kids--but man, do those kids (Livramento and Hall) look good. No out and out striker either.

Hope it's Ten Haag's last game.
Any team that beats ManU is a friend of mine.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
great job beating Farsenal. It's nice seeing that point gap between them and spurs, especially when their pundits said no one on spurs could break into their starting 11. hope it continues.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
great job beating Farsenal. It's nice seeing that point gap between them and spurs, especially when their pundits said no one on spurs could break into their starting 11. hope it continues.
Now I didn't do it to help Spurs--although the punk Kane is gone so Spurs is now hated a lot less by me :)

My Arsenal fan buddy and I found a new soccer pub yesterday, which was good not just because it's a good place to eat and watch, but because it was our first outing where Newcastle actually won!

Howe-way the lads, although the injuries aren't so much mounting as making mountains.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Also, let me say that the ref completely and utterly fluffed that game. What a joke. I thought we were getting screwed by the refs yet again when an Arsenal player should arguably have been sent off and they get 1 yellow card and Newcastle get 3. 3! The third one for Fab Schar saying "2 to 1." That's the moment the ref became a joke.

But, no, it turns out the ref was even worse to Arsenal. How was Bruno not sent off? No clue at all. I joked to an Arsenal fan that it was typical English refereeing--horrible all the way around.

Edit: Final thought on the ref: 5 Newcastle yellows to 1 for Arsenal. Absolute joke. Absolute disgrace.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Now I didn't do it to help Spurs--although the punk Kane is gone so Spurs is now hated a lot less by me :)

My Arsenal fan buddy and I found a new soccer pub yesterday, which was good not just because it's a good place to eat and watch, but because it was our first outing where Newcastle actually won!

Howe-way the lads, although the injuries aren't so much mounting as making mountains.
Glad you found a good pub. spurs will have their date with Newcastle and it won’t be easy for spurs either. Big step if spurs can get all 3 points vs Chelsea tomorrow.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Haha. Such a pleasant surprise to find this board here. I've become a huge Newcastle fan over the past year, and I thought, "I wonder if there's any Premier League talk on this board..." Only to find this!

Big game against Dortmund tomorrow. Injuries seem almost insurmountable, but you never know. It'd be great to get a revenge win after the loss at SJP.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Haha. Such a pleasant surprise to find this board here. I've become a huge Newcastle fan over the past year, and I thought, "I wonder if there's any Premier League talk on this board..." Only to find this!

Big game against Dortmund tomorrow. Injuries seem almost insurmountable, but you never know. It'd be great to get a revenge win after the loss at SJP.
Welcome! We used to have great banter with a Sunderland fan on here, but once they plummeted out of the league, that poster faded away. It's amazing where Newcastle are now versus where the team was before.

Yeah, I have severe doubts over this game today. I'd snap your hand off for a draw, honestly. I think dropping to the Europa League would be acceptable, given the nature of the group.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting lineup with Gordon and Almiron coming off the bench. Lewis Hall starting. I'm excited to see what this group does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat