The Office: Season 3

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
this is old news, apparently, but i just ran into it.

British cast to appear on American version of The Office

Posted Jul 11th 2006 8:23AM by Anna Johns
Filed under: Comedy, NBC, Talent, The Office
You must be registered for see images
Some of the American characters on NBC's The Office are going to come face-to-face with their British alter-egos! American executive producer Ben Silverman says next season we can expect to see Mackenzie Crook, who played Gareth; Martin Freeman, who played Tim; and Lucy Davis, who played Dawn on the American version of the show. These are essentially the alter egos to Dwight, Jim, and Pam. I think I'm most excited to see Dwight butt heads with militaristic Gareth, but I know my heart will be torn between Jim and Tim!

Unfortunately, show creator Ricky Gervais is not scheduled to appear on the next season of The Office. Too bad. I can only imagine the wonderfully uncomfortable conversation between David Brent and Michael Scott (Steve Carell).

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew. When I got home last night I almost went tribal on my DVR because it didn't record. I was planning on kicking its ass when I got home tonight, so now he got a reprieve.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From tvsquad.com;

Why are networks still scared of the World Series?
Posted Oct 26th 2006 8:06PM by Joel Keller
Filed under: Sports, ABC, FOX, Programming, OpEd, TV Sports, Watercooler Talk, Ratings

I'm courting trouble here after the fine whine I uncorked last night about my distaste for night football, but I'm going to say something else that will make all male fans of this blog question my gender and ask if I buy my Summer's Eve in Spring Fresh or Potpourri scents:

Why are networks still scared of the World Series?

Except for a couple of shows, everything is a rerun tonight, supposedly because the competition from what was going to be Game 5 (but now is Game 4 because of last night's rainout) was going to be too fierce. But the ratings give a different picture.
Looking at the overnight ratings from Tuesday night, you can see that Game 3, in which the Cardinals beat the Tigers 5-0, got smoked by Dancing with the Stars. The game got a 9.2/14, while Dancing got a 13.6/20. Overall, FOX came in second to ABC for the night, even though the networks tied in the 18-49 demo.

Grey's Anatomy and CSI routinely pull in ratings that are even better than Danicing's on a weekly basis. Grey's especially seems like it would be able to retain that audience even against an Game 4 or 5 of an exciting, tension-building series, because it appeals to a completely different audience than the World Series would.

Why do you think the networks still program reruns opposite the World Series? Let me know in the comments.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show is just freaking great. The Pam/Michael scene literally made me close me eyes and cringe for a second... nothing like painful humor.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish this show was more than 30 minutes.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another great episode - consistently funny and consistently great acting/improve.

shawn

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This week on the Office is a big one:

The Scranton branch finds out it's merging with the other branch.

Can't wait!

Jim, Karen and Pam. Two Dwights...Michael and the other guy. Should be hilarious.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
the next few episodes should be awesome!

This week on the Office is a big one:

The Scranton branch finds out it's merging with the other branch.

Can't wait!

Jim, Karen and Pam. Two Dwights...Michael and the other guy. Should be hilarious.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJ Novak (producer, writer, and actor) who plays Ryan the Temp on The Office also does standup comedy. This is a bit from his routine - pretty funny stuff: Terrorists

shawn

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser