The official "I was wrong about BSU" thread

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, those guys are impressive, didn't think they belonged in a BCS game....guess I'm the idiot! Magical game last night.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Part of what made us play big is the lack of respect from some "experts."

SO much was riding on this game for us and all other "Small teams"

We are building something at Boise State. It's an exiting time to be a Bronco.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Boise. I was on the Blue side of the field this whole debate, but I just wanted to say congrats.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a day with the Rose Bowl, Bobby Knight setting the all-times win record, NFL coaches getting fired, last night's Fiesta Bowl is the talk of the sports world!

Enjoy it boisesuns, there will never be another season or game like this for Boise State. Even if they go undefeated another dozen times. I envy the Boise St. fans today!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, one of the best games I have ever watched. I was cheering for boise the whole time, but after that pick by Zabransky I didn't think there was any way to win. My goodness was I wrong. Peterson dropped some sick playcalling on that last drive and the OT. The fake at the end of OT for the win was a thing of beauty and I don't think it could have been executed any better.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did not think they could compete with the big boys. Now I'm wondering why the are not playing for the NC.

They have done a good thing for the second teir confrences.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
It is official. Boise St. is now my 12th favorite team (Pac-10 has to come first, followed by my wife's college). WHAT A GAME! To think they were up 28-10 in mid 3rd quarter - Oklahoma had to make a HUGE comeback! I'm very excited for BoiseSuns and the Blue Turf!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they were good and thought they'd hang with OU. I figured they would get crushed by the other top BCS teams.

Today, if they played the Florida/OSU or Michigan or USC, I think they would hang and win a couple.

What a special game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since I picked so many bowl games wrong this year, I am going to brag about picking BSU in the Bowl Game thread to win. I watched them several times this year and I knew they could play with Oklahoma and felt they could win.

I never imagined the game would have been as fun to watch and exciting as it was but the win didn't really surprise me.

mkapp

CheesyPoof!
Reaction score
Amazing game. Downtown Boise was littered with celebrations all night, and I didnt get to sleep until about 1am. That may be one of the best college football games ever! If anyone happened to Tivo that one, let me know. I want a copy if possible. Congrats to OU for putting up one heck of a fight and to the Broncos for not quitting, when they were up against the wall. BSU was playing for all the non-BCS schools, respect, and to quite all the Sooner-smack. Great execution of some rarely-seen plays under tremendous pressure!

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Amazing game. Downtown Boise was littered with celebrations all night, and I didnt get to sleep until about 1am. That may be one of the best college football games ever! If anyone happened to Tivo that one, let me know. I want a copy if possible. Congrats to OU for putting up one heck of a fight and to the Broncos for not quitting, when they were up against the wall. BSU was playing for all the non-BCS schools, respect, and to quite all the Sooner-smack. Great execution of some rarely-seen plays under tremendous pressure!

Hey, Mkapp. I grew up in Boise, and live in Memphis now. You can buy the whole game off I tunes for $6.99 and download it to your computer.

It includes the pregame coverage and the game.

mkapp

CheesyPoof!
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Boisesuns. I will have to check that one out, or wait for the 2006 DVD to be released.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree.

One of the greatest games of all times. But, it wasn't that much of an upset.

Yup. The only reason people think it is such a huge upset is because:

A. Las Vegas says it was

and

B. The national experts did little research into what kind of a team BSU really was. All they knew was they come from the feeble WAC and there is no way a WAC team can even compete with a Big 12 team.

Anyone who took the time to watch some BSU football this year knows this was not a huge mismatch like everyone was saying it was.

JMHO

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05