The Official Pace needs to start thread

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I am only partially kidding here, but wow what a nice game he has had. He had the sack, forced fumble, and at least 2 QB hurries. He seems to be getting is confidence back and he is certainly a better pass rusher than Vandenbosch and Zellner. And he is finishing plays by running down field on completed passes to get in on tackles...ya got to like that!

I am not complaing, hell, keeping him fresh and bringing him in for a few plays at a time is working I am just glad he is finally proving what he can do! I think with more time though he will produce more sacks!!! :thumbup:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not partially kidding. He needs to be starting over both KVB and Zellner.

If you take that last pre-season game into account he has 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles and several hurries in only four games. He seems to be coming around very strong!

He has 2 sacks and two forced fumbled in limited time.

Bust my AZZ!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I love what Pace is doing right now. Mmm, crow...it's what's for dinner!

Now, I'm not sure he should be starting. How stout is he against the run? I know he was decent last year, but is he an every-down DE yet?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
I love what Pace is doing right now. Mmm, crow...it's what's for dinner!

Now, I'm not sure he should be starting. How stout is he against the run? I know he was decent last year, but is he an every-down DE yet?
Come on stout he was stellar against the run last year. He was a liability against the pass. But now he seems to have fixed that. :thumbup:

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Come on stout he was stellar against the run last year. He was a liability against the pass. But now he seems to have fixed that. :thumbup:

The reason I say I am only partially kidding was he really got worn down last year at about game 10 and his stats were just awful. He was very stout against the run last year so I see no reason why he isnt this year.

However,, I agree more with Oran right now, we have depth! Give him some more reps but it doesnt matter if he is starting or not I suppose. He seems to be playing every 3rd and long now and played the last half of the 4th quarter.

I want him starting but can he do it all season long? Thats the question??

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
The reason I say I am only partially kidding was he really got worn down last year at about game 10 and his stats were just awful. He was very stout against the run last year so I see no reason why he isnt this year.

However,, I agree more with Oran right now, we have depth! Give him some more reps but it doesnt matter if he is starting or not I suppose. He seems to be playing every 3rd and long now and played the last half of the 4th quarter.

I want him starting but can he do it all season long? Thats the question??

I dont see nay reason why not. He is two years removed form college and should be conditioned properly. He has teh size and is bigger then say a Jason Taylor who plays every down.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Ease Pace into it if he continues on his rampage!

Totally agree and I believe Green is doing just that. The kid needs some confidence and he is getting it. Last year he started right away and was expected to provide a pass rush by himself. Never thought he was a bust and he is proving he is a good football player.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Im not partially kidding. He needs to be starting over both KVB and Zellner.

If you take that last pre-season game into account he has 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles and several hurries in only four games. He seems to be coming around very strong!

He has 2 sacks and two forced fumbled in limited time.

Bust my AZZ!

I was thinking that every time he sacks the QB he forces a fumble. That is amazing!!! Keep bringing him in on passing downs.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, what we got is working. Don't fix it.

What difference does it make who starts? In the 4th quarter is was mostly BB, KVB, CPace and Dockett starting on the Dline with KVB playing in the DT position. That's what's so neat about this team. That front line is a mix and match with any of the players being able to play any position. Imagine how the other team feels when every time the opposing offensive line looks up, they see a different guy standing in front of them and he looks fresh and mean.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a defense and a very good defensive coordinator.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brandon said:
40yr, where have ya been over at azcardinals.com?

Hey brandon, how's it going. I don't post over at the Cards board very much any more. There's so many trolls, it isn't much fun, although it's really a great group of guys who post there.

I check it ocassionally and I'll try to get over there more often. :thumbup:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I read the reason Pace has been 2nd/3rd team is because he didn't participate in the of season program in Arizona and the Cards were not happy.He stayed in Atlanta and worked out there and came in out of shape and injured.He's now is game shape and has agreed to participate in the teams off season program next year so the Cards staff/front office are happy.Also,the Cards have commitments form 85% of the team to particpate in the off season program which is an all time.That right there should show you the imact Green is having on this team.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Hey brandon, how's it going. I don't post over at the Cards board very much any more. There's so many trolls, it isn't much fun, although it's really a great group of guys who post there.

I check it ocassionally and I'll try to get over there more often. :thumbup:
Good to meet you at the half time meet today 40. And great to get a blowout win. You are exactly right about this Dline. The depth and interchangeble parts is a real key to keeping them all fresh throughout the year. KVB at DT with the way he moves his hands and with his speed on stunts really gives this team a great look on passing downs. Zellner needs to start and Pace should continue in his pass rushing role. He has learned some better moves and when he is fresh he really gets after the QB. That group gets good pressure. Something we never saw last year. Keep it up.

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score

Hope to see ya over there, we had quite a gameday thread going today.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
. Zellner needs to start and Pace should continue in his pass rushing role. He has learned some better moves and when he is fresh he really gets after the QB. That group gets good pressure. Something we never saw last year. Keep it up.

that's the point I was making last year regard Suggs vs Pace, it's a HUGE advantage to only play in passing downs, you're always fresh.

Pace is going to be a good player, I always believed that.

I hadn't heard about the offseason conditioning thing, but he was injured prior to that remember we learned that after the season he had some muscle pull/rib injury that he'd played with during the season.

Man what a difference a win makes, although I'm still wishing we'd found a way to win the Falcon game so we'd be 2-2.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Hey, what we got is working. Don't fix it.

What difference does it make who starts? In the 4th quarter is was mostly BB, KVB, CPace and Dockett starting on the Dline with KVB playing in the DT position. That's what's so neat about this team. That front line is a mix and match with any of the players being able to play any position. Imagine how the other team feels when every time the opposing offensive line looks up, they see a different guy standing in front of them and he looks fresh and mean.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a defense and a very good defensive coordinator.
I agree. The way things are now, we can have fresh legs and bodies at that side of the d-line the whole game, if it ain't broke.......

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Keep in mind as well that the Saints were running a lot of 3 step drop slant patterns so I think the team would have had more sacks had the Saints had to throw the ball down the field more.

Alos, Pace would ahve had a sack, it appears, on the last play of the game when he was held. In fact it appeared he got held on several occassions but I will have to re watch the game to confirm that.

CBUS where did you hear this about the conditioning program? I do know for a fact that at least part of thetime him and Quan were down in Florida working out at IMG. I also remember Jim O stating Pace was working out when he listed off some players this year. Not saying your info isnt correct just hadnt heard it before.....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Keep in mind as well that the Saints were running a lot of 3 step drop slant patterns so I think the team would have had more sacks had the Saints had to throw the ball down the field more.

Alos, Pace would ahve had a sack, it appears, on the last play of the game when he was held. In fact it appeared he got held on several occassions but I will have to re watch the game to confirm that.

CBUS where did you hear this about the conditioning program? I do know for a fact that at least part of thetime him and Quan were down in Florida working out at IMG. I also remember Jim O stating Pace was working out when he listed off some players this year. Not saying your info isnt correct just hadnt heard it before.....

Calvin Pace had a career day Sunday. Congract to him for also beating his career record for sacks in a season.

Hopefully he can build on that, and notch the 8 that he's on pace (heh heh) for this year.