The "Official" Salary Cap Thread

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing people on this board say that the Cards are $14,000,000 under the cap. Here's the figures:

Team Cap status
Arizona Cardinals $12.2 million under
Atlanta Falcons $584,000 under
Baltimore Ravens $4.83 million under
Buffalo Bills $2.49 million under
Carolina Panthers $938,000 under
Chicago Bears $4.129 million under
Cincinnati Bengals $4.238 million under
Cleveland Browns $1.711 million under
Dallas Cowboys $3.81 million under
Denver Broncos $1.825 million under
Detroit Lions $1.827 million under
Green Bay Packers $1.525 million under
Houston Texans $4.199 million under
Indianapolis Colts $781,000 under
Jacksonville Jaguars $4.046 million under
Kansas City Chiefs $6.231 million
Miami Dolphins $455,000 under
Minnesota Vikings $3.486 million under
New England Patriots $4.038 million under
New Orleans Saints $5.234 million under
New York Giants $121,000 under
New York Jets $2.46 million under
Oakland Raiders $2.405 million under
Philadelphia Eagles $7.616 million under
Pittsburgh Steelers $842,000 under
St. Louis Rams $317,000 under
San Diego Chargers $495,000 under
San Francisco 49ers $874,000 under
Seattle Seahawks $2.283 million under
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $868,000 under
Tennessee Titans $469,000 under
Washington Redskins $4.089 million under

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
No it doesn't mean that at all

no it means there is a 12 million dollars that we were incapable of adding - at least six million dollars anyway. Incapable is worse than "deciding" not to - actually both of them stink. There is no way this team should be have 12 million dollars lying around - can everyone agree with that - regardless of who was at fault?

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
borrowed from another thread

Did I miss the story where Coleman's and Wilkenson's agents stated that they really wanted to play in AZ, but Graves wouldn't return their calls?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
Let's see what they do with first.

I assume you're talking about re-signing some of our own guys and that's fine - but with over 12 million dollars they still could have improved this team AND resigned some of their own guys - not many of which have yet to prove that they atcually do deserve extensions at this point - I mean is this Graves "hoping" again that some of the palyers we have will live up to the expectations he has for them even though they have done little to show they can do it on the field? We've seen where hope has gotten us so far . . .

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd assume he is trying to avoid problems next year by signing people this year we won't want then.

Before you say he could have done some short term deals, that assumes the player would have signed one. Which none of us know.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: borrowed from another thread

Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Did I miss the story where Coleman's and Wilkenson's agents stated that they really wanted to play in AZ, but Graves wouldn't return their calls?

Yes, it was right next to the story that said Coleman and Wilkinson didn't want to play in Arizona.

Funny, I can't find either story right now.

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
Team Cap status
Arizona Cardinals $12.2 million under
Philadelphia Eagles $7.616 million under
Only $5 million more was spent but the wins will be doubled.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
Anybody else surprised at how far under the cap the Redskins are? I keep hearing how Snyder is just throwing money at free agents and they are still $4 million under the cap. :confused:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely no excuse not to have done more with the money. Not at all sure it is Graves but the organization dropped the ball and it appears is again going to have a less than mediocre season.

The figures just support the Bidwill detractors and the fact that this team/organization is viewed as one of the biggest jokes in professional sports.

Sad but true.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmr667
Anybody else surprised at how far under the cap the Redskins are? I keep hearing how Snyder is just throwing money at free agents and they are still $4 million under the cap. :confused:

Not really, give it another year or two, and all those bloated deals will start comming due. THEN you'll see a team in some cap hell.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
It's only week two guys. We have all year to re-sign our best players with that money. Would it have been nice to use that money to improve the team this year. Hell yes! But the Cards are not doing it. If they were, Marco Coleman and Dan Wilkenson would be wearing Cardinal red as well as others. Let's just hope that Grave's and company have a plan to sign our players and or make a trade for a high profile player (Charles Woodson would be nice ) with that money. Because if it's just sitting there because they were just sitting on their thumbs looking like dumb and dumber then it's only gonna get worse from here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05