The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (remake)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (remake)

Release Date: December 25, 2013
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Ben Stiller
Screenwriter: Steve Conrad
Genre: Adventure, Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG (for some crude comments, language and action violence)

Starring: Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig, Shirley MacLaine, Adam Scott, Kathryn Hahn, Sean Penn

Plot Summary: Ben Stiller directs and stars in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," James Thurber's classic story of a day-dreamer who escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker (Kristen Wiig) are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie has stinker written all over it, IMHO.

It has been in development hell for almost 20 years. Originally had Jim Carrey as the lead back in 1994. Possible directors kept changing faster than the seasons. Numerous script rewrites. The leading man? Went from Jim Carrey to Owen Wilson, Mike Myers, Sacha Baron Cohen, then finally Ben Stiller.

I'll see it on Netflix some day when I am bored.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, this movie tried really, really hard to be something...what that was I have no idea.

it's a "I'm hungover and can't move to get the remote and turn off TNT" kinda movie. it won't hurt your brain, but it won't do anything good for it either.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I liked it. Like others have said it's not the most groundbreaking or thrilling movie in the world but it had a good inspirational message and some funny moments. I've certainly seen worse films in the past few weeks. Worth price of admission IMO.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it. Like others have said it's not the most groundbreaking or thrilling movie in the world but it had a good inspirational message and some funny moments. I've certainly seen worse films in the past few weeks. Worth price of admission IMO.

Just got back with my kiddo. I enjoyed it too. Nothing earth shattering but I had a few good laughs and it entertained me.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Well, I came here to post that I thought it was sorta dumb, but at least it was original...not realizing until now that it was a remake. Oh well, still seemed pretty unique.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05