The Shaquille O'Neal vs Dwight Howard Beef Thread

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Shaq 19 points (9-13), 11 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers.

Howard 21 points (7-14), 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 5 turnovers.

Looks like Shaq is the winner of the game.
what exactly did he win?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't need Shaq to dominate Howard. We need Shaq to try and nullify Howard which he did. It's up to other players to win the game in this situation...which we don't appear to be able to do.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, shaq did good but in the end the teams inability to make the right decisions at the right times caused them to lose.

nowagimp

Reaction score
You are right, the team lost.

But at least Shaq did his job, and Howard wasn't the reason for their victory.

No rashard lewis(29) and turkoglu(22) were the reason, both were clutch late. Barnes only played 19 mins and didnt start, that looks like it was a mistake. Barbosa should have led the second unit at backup PG. Barnes should start, it apparently makes a hugh difference in his effectiveness. Everyone was just throwing terrible passes into the post with howard fronting shaq. Dragic at the '2' is an ugly thing, almost as ugly as he is at the point. His defender is always off helping on someone else. Shaq held the NBA's leading rebounder to 8 boards and physically roughed him up. Good job shaq. I guess swift will be needed to counter the gortats. Rashard lewis' 12 boards were really discouraging.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No rashard lewis(29) and turkoglu(22) were the reason, both were clutch late. Barnes only played 19 mins and didnt start, that looks like it was a mistake. Barbosa should have led the second unit at backup PG. Barnes should start, it apparently makes a hugh difference in his effectiveness. Everyone was just throwing terrible passes into the post with howard fronting shaq. Dragic at the '2' is an ugly thing, almost as ugly as he is at the point. His defender is always off helping on someone else. Shaq held the NBA's leading rebounder to 8 boards and physically roughed him up. Good job shaq. I guess swift will be needed to counter the gortats. Rashard lewis' 12 boards were really discouraging.

If we have to move Barnes into the starting lineup and play a small lineup with no true PF, this type of thing will happen much more. We have to have a legit big body in there at PF besides Shaq.

Is Swift legit?? Who knows but I guess we will find out.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
You are right, the team lost.

But at least Shaq did his job, and Howard wasn't the reason for their victory.

this game wouldn't have been close for Orlando if they didn't have howard. All the magic needed him to do is off-set shaq, which is basically what he did. He was just as much a part of their win as everyone else on the team.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
The well-rested Shaq will get 26 & 10, Dwight will get one of the other, but not 20&10.

Your posts are growing more absurd every minute. Your stupid and completely incorrect statement that the east's elite flop against the west and the west's elite was one thing, but to even imply that Shaq today is anywhere near the player Dwight Howard is is nothing short of ridiculous and homeristic.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Does anyone have the entire interview video of Shaq for CBS Sports? I would like to see it...

The only good thing that came outta this is all the attention Shaq is getting tonight on ESPN and ESPN2. It's like all Shaq stuff, aww heaven lol.

Stan Van Gundy called out Shaq after the game, expect a quote to remember soon enough....

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have the entire interview video of Shaq for CBS Sports? I would like to see it...

The only good thing that came outta this is all the attention Shaq is getting tonight on ESPN and ESPN2. It's like all Shaq stuff, aww heaven lol.

Stan Van Gundy called out Shaq after the game, expect a quote to remember soon enough....
Dude its getting a little weird now.. was funny at first but seriously you need to calm it down with that.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
From now on, every time you declare you love for Shaq, expect another one of these to pop up.

You must be registered for see images attach

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember hakeem taking shaq to school. Shaq couldnt defend the dream and was in foul trouble the whole series. Hakeem scored 32.8ppg and grabbed 11.5 rebs a game. Shaq was 28/12.5, very good for a youngster against the best center in the NBA. Shaq had 21TO's to 11 for hakeem in the series sweep by the rockets. Hardaway scored 25.5ppg on 50% fgs and had 8asst/game, while drexler scored 21.5 on 45% FG's. Shaqs supporting cast was pretty good(horace grant(12 boards a game), penny(before injuries was dynamite), dennis scott and nick anderson). That was a young shaq and an experienced hakeem. Frankly shaq did very well for a young guy, but hakeem outplayed him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1995_finals.html
Exactly how i remembered it.
Olajuwon is still the best true big man that i ever saw play and dominate in so many ways.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Exactly how i remembered it.
Olajuwon is still the best true big man that i ever saw play and dominate in so many ways.

Agreed, at the high point of his career, the best big man ever to play the game, IMO. I saw wilt, jabbar, moses, david, patrick, all of them. Wilt was a great athlete(ran an 11 sec 100 in high school, and was an incredible leaper before his ACL injury in '68), but didnt have those incredible skills that hakeem had. Hakeem was a great defender and unstoppable on offense with a bucket full of post moves with great footwork. The problem with him as "the all time greatest" is that it took a while for him to learn the game since he didnt play serious bball until college age.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Why? I like the guy for his basketball skills and personality, he is my fav athlete...get over it or ignore me. Nothing is weird about that, I am not obsessed with him or anything.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocca Dolla...your post was inappropriate and a deliberate attempt to get around the language filter. You have earned a short break from the forum.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? I like the guy for his basketball skills and personality, he is my fav athlete...get over it or ignore me. Nothing is weird about that, I am not obsessed with him or anything.

Wow! Thanks for the breaking news :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05