the start leonard pope thread

Reaction score
this monster needs to start, solid in pass protection n decent in run blocking, way better then bergen, who is slow and dumb

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
My only problem with Pope is that he tips the play. By the way he stands, I can tell if the play is a run or pass and if he is supposed to block to the right or left on run plays. Granted, the offense was pretty predictable, but I couldn't have been the only one to pick up on his tells.

That being said, the Cards threw to the TE so little last night, it just as well be Wakefield in there.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He was listed as the starter on the tv broadcast last night...Looks like the team beat you to it.

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
Instead of just starting him, how about throwing to him!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bergen gets a bad rap around here, I think. I'm not saying Pope should take a back seat to him, but Bergen isn't as bad as this board makes him out to be.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Bergen gets a bad rap around here, I think. I'm not saying Pope should take a back seat to him, but Bergen isn't as bad as this board makes him out to be.
I agree he isnt a bad TE at all. He can do alittle of everything.

Pope seems to be a big target in passing but I have seen him make very bad blocks in the running game, which is where we need the most help.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i would like to see pope get some more action in the game. i think wakefield and pope would make a great tandom. i would love to see more of pope in first and goal situation.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Don't pin too much on Pope. He has a history of underachieveing...he will let you down!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think that's a pretty silly idea, personally. I don't knonw why they'd take the guy who is playing at a pro-bowl level at safety and move him.

Now, if he was struggling there and seemed better suited for OLB because of size/speed issues, then okay. But that's not the case.

Weren't we talking about moving him to CB just last year? Equally as silly.

Last edited: