The Vent Thread

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay...obviously people are frustrated.

Feel free to vent whatever about the loss, as long as you keep it reasonably clean (meaning no f-bombs and other words you wouldn't hear in a PG 13 movie). I will flush this thread before Tuesday unless people want to laugh about it later.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
First Topic: Rebounding, not including Marion. Argh!!!!!! It made me so mad, these guys just couldn't get their hands on the ball. Dallas wanted this more.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Basically, it comes down to this...

- Without Raja (and Amare and KT and and and and), the team needs to come out hustling for 48 minutes (every game). Is it possible? Probably not. But, if maximum effort isn't given every playoff game... the Suns have no chance.

PHX lost focus right about the time TT & Terry got the double T. From then on, it was crappy ball.

I'm disappointed in the effort tonight. Second chance points and loose balls were won by Dallas. I didn't see any fire. But, I did see Dallas diving for loose balls.

Hopefully, PHX is embarassed after viewing their effort tonight, and come out and lay the wood to Dallas on Tuesday.

IF they can get Game 4, this series is going 7. What more could we as Suns fans ask for after this injury-riddled year?

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eddie House and James Jones combined for some of the most unproductive 41 minutes ever seen.

2-8. 7 rebounds. 1 assist.

Any wonder we lost? It's time to open up the bench and be damned with rotation and minutes. House and Jones can't throw water in the ocean right now. Jones at least gets some hustle, but House is useless.

It cracks me up that Mike D is worried about spreading the floor with two guys who would have difficulty beating me at HORSE right now.

As awful as Burke is, I find myself praying that D'Antoni will let him go out there and at least push someone around. He certainly can't be worse than the above 41 MINUTE stat line.

And what about Tskitishvilli? Remember when this guy was touted as the "Next Nowitzki?" Right now the sweat moppers get more action on the court than he does. Does he suck that bad or does he break the "You must be this short to ride this ride" rule that we currently have?

Or am I just being a frustrated alarmist?

We have been in every game. The margin of error for either team has been paper thin. Does this mean we keep going at our current pace and hope the breaks bounce our way like in game 1 or do we mix it up and try something new?

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone slap David Stern and tell him he isn't god. "And there will be basketball for 40 days and 40 nights."

Forget the players, one of these 80 year old refs is going to keel over dead any day now. No wonder they keep blowing so many calls.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I like Burke but there is no need to put him in. Kurt Thomas has been ready and he deserves some minutes since our bench is not producing. Tskitishvili is just useless. He's a soft big man with a very average shot.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
He's a soft big man with a very average shot.

As opposed to House who is a soft short man with a very lousy shot???

Nasser22

Reaction score
At least House has a chance at getting hot and giving us a big lead. And with him he could maybe get a steal. All Tskitishvili would do is maybe get one shot and get a few soft fouls.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
At least House has a chance at getting hot and giving us a big lead. And with him he could maybe get a steal. All Tskitishvili would do is maybe get one shot and get a few soft fouls.

LMFAO!!! So do I, put me in coach..... come on kid

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:

You have angered Tskitishvilli!

Last edited:

Nasser22

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
LMFAO!!! So do I, put me in coach..... come on kid
Hey, he was great in the season and has started to make some shots this series. Tskitishvili is totally useless. He can't give us anything at all. I don't mind taking House out of the rotation, but you have to put someone in that can actually do something, like Kurt Thomas.

Nash

Reaction score
Skita, I think will be used next year. I was reading through the media guide and found out that D'Antoni coached an Italian team to the National title before he came here. Skita was a part of that squad. So I think D'Antoni has him as a project, knowing how good he can be, from past experience.

Lets hope Skita comes out firing next season. He is one of the most vocal of the guys cheering from the bench and I just feel sorry everytime teh camera focusses on him cheering the team on.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After seeing Barbosa in the playoffs, at what salary demand for his extension do you trade him?

I say anything beyond 4 million, see ya.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I expected a lot from Barbosa but I don't see him as a future point guard anymore and he's inconsistent. I think he should be traded now and we could get a lot for him and someone else because he does have a lot of talent...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
After seeing Barbosa in the playoffs, at what salary demand for his extension do you trade him?

I say anything beyond 4 million, see ya.

i think he's still developing. gotta remember, this is only his third year, he's foreign, and he didn't even play in europe, he played in brazil leagues, which aren't even the caliber of low-level euro leagues. i've been a big critic of barbs, but i truly think he's got the talent to be a regular bobby jackson-like or microwave-type sparkplug off the bench as a combo guard. you get him at a reasonable extension number you gotta sign him up. i'll be surprised if he asks for much as he's a humble kid who seems to very much enjoy the family feel of the suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
I expected a lot from Barbosa but I don't see him as a future point guard anymore and he's inconsistent. I think he should be traded now and we could get a lot for him and someone else because he does have a lot of talent...

i'll agree that he'll never be a pg. but the consistency will continue to grow i think.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I hope so Ouchie. And I don't think Barbosa or Diaw would ask for much, but it would be their agents trying to get them the best deal not them. I hope after this we can sign Barbosa for less money and Dan D'Antoni helps him with his confidence problems. One thing that really annoys me about a player is inconsistency. I HATED Q last year.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i think he's still developing. gotta remember, this is only his third year, he's foreign, and he didn't even play in europe, he played in brazil leagues, which aren't even the caliber of low-level euro leagues. i've been a big critic of barbs, but i truly think he's got the talent to be a regular bobby jackson-like or microwave-type sparkplug off the bench as a combo guard. you get him at a reasonable extension number you gotta sign him up. i'll be surprised if he asks for much as he's a humble kid who seems to very much enjoy the family feel of the suns.

So what is reasonable? I can't see paying him more than we pay Bell.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The thing that's so frustrating about the last 2 games isn't the losing its that the Suns are not playing well at all and they're still just barely losing.

If the Suns were healthy they'd cut through this team like butter.

Oh well, the situation is defenitely desperate. So far that has been the cue for the Suns to play their best ball.

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
I'm just sick of this franchise having extremely bad luck when it comes to injuries... Joe Johnson last year at a critical time... Amare all year, Kurt most of the year, and now Raja out when we need him most. It's like we're snake bitten or something. If we had those three at full strength, right now all we would be discussing is how many games it would take to beat the Pistons or Heat in the Finals... my guess would have been a 4 game sweep. Guess we'll have to wait for next year (again!).

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, we're missing Amare, KT & now Bell and we've had double digit leads in every game. What pissed me off tonight is that the game started out pretty well with the Suns getting to the ft line a lot in the 1st qtr. I believe they shot 9ft's in the 1st qtr (refs calling it tight) and then the flagrant foul by Josh Howard on TT and the resulting technicals and the whole game changes. Dallas gets all the calls to the end of the 2nd qtr and then the refs stop calling everything in the 2nd half and the Suns never adjusted to the rougher style of play.

I know the Suns should've adjusted to the officiating, but the huge swing in how the game is called frustrates the hell out of me. The only consistency in the refs is that they're consistently bad. I don't expect the refs to call the game in the Suns favor, I just want them to make the same calls at both ends of the floor when they occur and actually call fouls.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what it's about, everyone is going to complain about something. One loss and everyone cries foul. I swear, sometimes Suns fans are so fickle. I sometimes wish they'd just be unrealistic, like Laker fans. At least they aren't fickle.

So here's my vent--I'm sick and tired of everyone going crazy after one loss. Dallas is 2 losses away from eliminating us--that's at least 2 more games. Yet everyone is talking like tonight was the last game of the season. Typical Suns fan responses.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Tough loss but I stand on my Suns in 6 prediction. I mean, it's not like the Mavs are crushing us, and the Suns have shown so much resiliency 'til now. So my vent is : show some pride, we're not dead !

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
So what is reasonable? I can't see paying him more than we pay Bell.

yeah, that's a tough question. b/c we have the opp to do it in an extension we can get him for less. but less than what? i have NO idea what his market value will be after next year. i mean, if his consistency increases at the current rate (and let's face it, he showed a great leap this year from last) he'll be pretty damn valuable. due to his age he's probably worth more than bell. more upside still. he'd probably get a $6.5/year contract on the open market next year, so i'm guessing maybe a max of $5.5/year in the extension? i really have no idea.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
It doesn't matter what it's about, everyone is going to complain about something. One loss and everyone cries foul. I swear, sometimes Suns fans are so fickle. I sometimes wish they'd just be unrealistic, like Laker fans. At least they aren't fickle.

So here's my vent--I'm sick and tired of everyone going crazy after one loss. Dallas is 2 losses away from eliminating us--that's at least 2 more games. Yet everyone is talking like tonight was the last game of the season. Typical Suns fan responses.

um chap, it isn't one loss, this is in fact two losses back to back. and both in hideous fashion as we were taken out of our style not once, but twice (if you hadn't noticed the 98 and 88 points we scored), and not only that, but it's a bad trend as the games are getting progressively slower (121, 98, 88).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05