The Vikings are gonna kick your......

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I totally agree with the vast wisdom of Section 11: Vikings are big poopy heads. So there.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your pass rush worries me a bit but otherwise I see this being a bad matchup for you guys as we don't run the ball and we are playing on the fast track.

Only if they can maintain the temp injunction that the Vikings friendly judge put in place.

Sorry they KNEW they additive was banned and they took it. Case closed, they should not be playing.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A warm welcome back to the basin, I am sure you have many fond memories of your last trip here...

You must be registered for see images attach

Even better, in Tecmo Super Bowl form, with audio...the audio is priceless, NO, NO!!!!:biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wfYAGosi4

And now in Madden form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcA-NEhWVfI&feature=related

And if you are a real glutton for punishment, in NFL2k5 form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7jq2VSmnnw&feature=related

Man, I could listen to that audio all day, my uncle in the Twin Cities took all his Vikings gear outside and burned it that day. What a finish.
NFL2K5 is incorrect. :)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post! If Jackson starts this weekend due to Gus injury the game could get out of hand very quickly. But by the same token, if he finally has it figured out like he showed in the second half last week, your D could have their work cut out for them.

Who were you playing last week ? :)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that force out rule has been eliminated this year so you won't have that to fall back on. Man that sucked! :bang:

All depends on your point of view.

I thought it was hilarious, even more so with all the arrogant Vikings fans there assuming they would roll into the playoffs.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
As long as they come out playing with intensity and we don't lose the 'Wall' before Sunday, I predict a 27 - 20 win for the beloved Purple.

What say you birds?

I dont know who will win. As a Cardinal fan, I do worry about the "playoff clinch hangover" effect.

that being said, the Cardinal offense has scored 20+ points in 20 of its last 21 games. They have averaged 32 points a game at home.

The Vikings scoring defense is almost right on the NFL average at 21 points per game -- so nothing exceptional there.

So - odds are the Cardinals will score more than 20 points, particularly at home.

The way to beat the Cardinals D is to throw the ball. They generally defend the run pretty well -- although the sub 5-10, low center of gravity guys seem to give them trouble: Frank Gore, Deangelo Williams, Brian Westbrook. Guys like Ronnie Brown, MArshawn Lynch, Marion Barber, Clinton Portis not so much. AP is a completely different cat than any of the above, so we will see. The Cards D does seem to force fumbles, and AP seems to be putting it on the ground of late -- so that may be a factor.

Frerotte scares me more than Jackson. Vet Qbs who dont get rattled by the blitz and can recognize coverages do pretty well against the Cards D.

On O, the Cards are one dimensional, running only to let Kurt rest his arm for a play or two. The oline pass protects pretty well -- and Kurt has done an excellent job getting rid of the ball quickly. Even without running -- they still do all the things a running game is supposed to get you: time of possesion, long drives and a top 5 or so red zone and goal to go conversion percentage.

I have little doubt the Vikings will stop the Cardinals running game --- but so does everyone else outside the Rams-- and the CArds still lead the league in scoring, so I dont see that as particularly relevant.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Frerotte play for the Rams during the St. Louis home game last year v. the Cards?

I hope he plays as well as he did that day.

:)

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
All depends on your point of view.

I thought it was hilarious, even more so with all the arrogant Vikings fans there assuming they would roll into the playoffs.

Yeah I remember the announcer saying that the Viking fans were the ONLY fans at that game. Hey someone had to buy the stale beer.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
If you have seen the Cardinals play, you should know there is no if in that sentence.

To be honest I haven't seen much of the cards as of late. I was actually surprised the other day when I found out they clinched the division. I was like "they did??" Thats weird. Better start checking up on them a little bit" ;)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I have your attention! :D

I'm not trolling. Just wanted to hear some Card's fans thoughts on the game this week. The matchups etc.

I think it will be a good close game! I am jealous of your receivers. They have incredible talent and could be a big problem for the Vikes if they spread them wide and abandon the run.

With that being said, AP is due for a HUGE game, the Cards have clinched and the Vikes are trying to maintain the lead over Chicago.

As long as they come out playing with intensity and we don't lose the 'Wall' before Sunday, I predict a 27 - 20 win for the beloved Purple.

What say you birds?

Welcome.

Being from the NFC North I can only warn you that you have not seen an offense anything like ours. Unless we implode I just can't see how you guys can outscore us.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
New Orleans

Week 5, the Vikings beat the Saints 30-27 in the Superdome on a Longwell FG with 16 seconds left to play. (Grammatica had earlier missed a 45-yarder for the Saints with about 2 minutes left.)
Drew Brees held to a passer rating of 68.2 with one TD and two picks. Looks like Marques Colston didn't play in that game. BTW, the Saints passed 46 times, and ran just 22 for 2.5 YPC.

The Cardinals have a better defense than New Orleans IMO, especially at home. Kurt Warner is at least the equal of Drew Brees, especially with all three receivers healthy and rarin' to go. The Cardinals should be able to take care of business at home.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember the announcer saying that the Viking fans were the ONLY fans at that game. Hey someone had to buy the stale beer.

I assure that was not true but opposing teams announcers seem to like to perpetuate these myths

seesred

Reaction score
Nothings easy on Sunday. See Jets vs 9rs. That being said I hope your wall plays. IMO we will win this game simply because we have not been generous to Backs. I don't see your QB beating us with his arm. Your having a goosd season and it will continue 1 week from Sunday!

GBR

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
We have a stronger run game than the Vikings do, it's just that we throw the ball instead of handing it off. We throw a lot of short passes that work just as well as running for yardage. If you don't believe me, ask Mitch.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
We're at home thankfully, but AD that running game scared the hell out of me. I really hope Watson and Dockett have their best games of the year this Sunday, we're going to need them against Hutch, Mount McKinnie and Co.

These are the types of teams we'll be playing in the playoffs, running teams who pound the ball, running the ball so well it eats up quarters against poor run defenses. Hopefully we dominate and show why we deserve to be in the playoffs.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the Cardinals have:

The two best receivers in the NFL.

A real live 3rd down scat back.

A very efficient passing offense.

What the Cardinals don't have:

A running game. Courtesy of scheme and skill.

Improving play from CB's.

What they sometimes have:

An MVP QB who can throw for multiple touchdowns a game.

A washed up QB who can turn the ball over multiple times a game.

A rookie RB who leads all rookies in TD's.

A rookie RB who can't generate consistent yardage (see: O Line).

What the Vikings have:

A dominate defensive line (when eligible).

Two RB's (one amazing, one great).

The best LT/LG/C/RG runblocking team in the NFL.

Improving play from starting CB's.

What the Vikings don't have:

A legitimate starting QB.

Adequate pass blocking (notably from RT).

A standout WR (may have to do w/ not having a good QB).

I believe DRC is improving every week.