The Vikings are gonna kick your......

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I like the Vikings secondary ( I think Winfield is criminally underated)- I am less then impressed by their linebacker play - and obviously Jared Allen and the Williams boys will make their presence felt.

Couple things.

Your O against our D:

You have two turnover prone QBs and a turnover prone back. We force turnovers at home. Could be a lethal combo.

I could see Peterson having a huuuuuge day. Especially if he plays with a chip on his shoulder because we took that bum Brown ahead of him. However when the Cardinals are motivated against good players they seem to rise up. I could make a case for either way alhtough I could see a couple Rolle whiffs leading to big time gains. If we get a lead early it won't really matter anyway.

I also think Berrian will be able to get behind Hood so its imperative DCR keeps up his strong play and can man up with him.

Our O against your D:

Winfield has shown a penchent for big plays and Warner has shown a penchent to give up the ball. I worry about Allen and the Williams getting push but this might be the game where our misdirection running scheme actually works in our favor.

I think Q and Fitz will eat you up (Fitz will be motivated) and Breaston will get behind your nickel back.

So I 'll say we force 2+ turnovers, Winfield will get a pick but we have enough passing offense to win the game. A poor showing against a horrid Detroit team on the road doesn't say alot to me about your team and I think the Cardinals have renewed confidence after last week.

So again: 31 - 20 Cards

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Doesn't look like you have too much of that since you don't even know how to spell it correctly. :bang:

I hope you come back to chat after the game when the Cardinals win.

Yeah that was my bad. I got called into a meeting and didn't have time to edit when I noticed my error.

I will come back no matter how the game turns out. You guys seem like some pretty good eggs. Just don't be all :mad: when AD tears you up on Sunday.

:D

SKOL VIKES

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've clinched, but you stand between us and the 3 seed. We want that 3 seed, because we don't want to go to the Meadowlands in the second round.

AP won't be running much after we hang 17 on you early since Warner can get the ball off quickly before the rush. Then we'll just tee off on whichever QB has a pulse.

Or it will be really close.

But I say Cards 27-17.

lol.

i agree.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Detroit almost always plays the Vikings tough. Last week they were big time motivated (huh huh sp? huh?) :) to not go down as the only team in history to go 0 - 16. They were backed in a corner and the Vikes came out flat like they always do when playing sucky teams. Gus played crappy and AD fumbled a lot. But in the end a W is a W in the NFL.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
I am less then impressed by their linebacker play

Actually linebacker is the strength of this defense behind the D line. Leber is very solid. Greenway is REALLY coming on. He is going to be a stud.
Harris in the middle is no EJ Henderson but I wouldn't consider him a weakness either.

They are a strong unit. No doubt.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Clancy only puts 6 men in the Box like he did in Phili, AP will have a career day.

I'd move Wilson up and say beat us with the pass.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe DRC is improving every week.

I mentioned CB play with both teams. *but put the listing in the wrong category. Both DCR and Griffith for each team has been getting better by the week.

Actually linebacker is the strength of this defense behind the D line. Leber is very solid. Greenway is REALLY coming on. He is going to be a stud.
Harris in the middle is no EJ Henderson but I wouldn't consider him a weakness either.

They are a strong unit. No doubt.

The weak point in the LBing unit is Mike linebacker Napolean Harris, a guy who wasn't with the team in the middle of the season. Leber's been remarkably consistent and Greenway's been more physical than expected.

The weak points for this game on the Vikes D is DE Edwards, 3rd CB Sapp, and MLB Harris.

Dependant on suspensions.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
With any luck vikesfan makes a triumphant return to ASFN for this one. He probably has a theory that Denny Green and not Ken Whisenhunt deserves all the credit for the Cardinals success which I'm sure would go over pretty well.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, "Rooster"....

WELCOME! I always enjoy talking football with "real" fans. NOT the ones who beat their chest and their WHOLE argument is, We're GREAT! YOU SUCK! I'm well past my grade-school years. Anyways, I anticipate a close game. The stakes are high (#3 seed) for BOTH teams so motivation won't be an issue. I will say this, we're a TOUGH team to beat at HOME. (11-3) in the past (2) years is NOT a mirage. This team BELIEVES they can WIN now, and they will fight you the WHOLE game. I have been a Cards' fan my whole life but the Vikings have always been my 2nd-fav. team. Going back to the days of Bill Brown, Dave Osborne, and Joe Kapp. I thought Bud Grant was a heckuv' coach. Now, we have one, too, in Coach Whiz'. Should be a good game Sunday. Again, WELCOME! The people here are KOOL! GO CARDS!

rishi62

Reaction score
cards win 31-24. Ap does have a big game but our passign game cannot be stopped. Tarvaris Jackson will not be able to win this game in arizona. The crowd will be too loud. Cards have to play for the 3 seed so they dont have to play the giants in new york in the second round, IF we win the first game.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Uhm, we run from the shot most of the game. Warner is deadly fast at getting the ball and getting rid of it.

Our lack of a running game is oddly a strength in this matchup, because your strength is stopping the run...well, we stopped it for you. Get ready for no-huddle ball flying Cardinal touchdown scoring action.

True story. If SI.com (click the name for the link) is right then we run the shotgun a stunning 82%.

That's gotta be a league record. Again 82%.

We have a stronger run game than the Vikings do, it's just that we throw the ball instead of handing it off. We throw a lot of short passes that work just as well as running for yardage. If you don't believe me, ask Mitch.

BWAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA

Thats cute. Thanks for that.

I'm not going to speak for RonF, but I think what he's saying is this:

The Cardinals can't run the ball in a conventional sense, but by spreading the field and throwing for 3-7 yards on certain plays the team "manufactures" rushing like yardage.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it'll be a td catch in the waning seconds to a bottom of the roster WR who is falling out of bounds.

Oh you mean this year?

Same thing. Different battery. Warner to Doucet.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
"He's all by himself, fires into the endzone......CAUGHT!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! THE CARDINALS HAVE KNOCKED THE VIKINGS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!"

sweet :)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pop quiz ...

Which team has 3 out of the top 10 receivers in the NFL ?

Vikes secondary is in for a long day

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see this as a great matchup between two improving but flawed teams. One runs very well but has trouble passing. One passes very well but has trouble running. Edge to the Cards because we score more points.

Both defenses have strong points but are not dominating. Edge to the Vikes because you give up fewer points than we do.

The game matters to both teams but may matter more to the Vikings. This should be a game with near-playoff intensity.

The Williams twins could be suspended for the game, altering the whole Viking's defensive advantage and team identity.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Williams twins could be suspended for the game, altering the whole Viking's defensive advantage and team identity.

The more I hear about this homer federal judge, the more I doubt it. He could have an answer as soon as Friday, but I doubt it.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
IThe Williams twins could be suspended for the game, altering the whole Viking's defensive advantage and team identity.

I see why you would want the Williams bros out (3rd seed on the line) but wouldn't it be better to see how your explosive offense stacks up against a (almost) fully intact, playoff caliber defense?

I say almost because losing Henderson and Charles Gordon and replacing them with Harris and Sapp respectivelly is a pretty big blow to this D.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I see why you would want the Williams bros out (3rd seed on the line) but wouldn't it be better to see how your explosive offense stacks up against a (almost) fully intact, playoff caliber defense?

seen it already. Scored 29 against the Giants.

What the Cardinals need to see is if their defense can stop a balanced offensive team.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we should win this one but it will be close just cause of Adrian Peterson man I wish we had him but anyway... lol, I think it will be a high scoring game in which the cardinals pull out the victory

Cardinals 27

Vikings 23

Boldin has a huge day 120 yards receving and 2 tds :)