602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
We can say what we want about the game.
D giving up 20.
K1 missing guys.
WR Dropping Passes.
Petzing calling a horrible game.

But there is one thing I can’t stand and it’s terrible officiating. That interception and TD being called back was absolutely trash.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem is consistency. Yes the ball was still touching the C when the clock hit 2:00 so you can argue they called it right. But in the 3rd Q we're on like the 3 yard line and the ball is still clearly in the C's hand when the play clock hits 0 and they don't blow the play dead, it was the play Kyler ran for like 6 yards.

The ref expert said it was too close to call in his opinion but since they blew it dead there was nothing they could do. So he clearly seemed to be saying he didn't think they should have blown it dead

I watched a post game after and that was the exact question, why do we see multiple snaps every game clearly with the play clock at 0 go uncalled but this play with the game clock at 2:00 they blew it dead is the game clock different than the play clock? The answer given was they go with if it's close you don't get flagged for delay of game.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Another think that torqued me off was the referee seemed to smirking and laughing about it after it was over. Smug little $@&$ "thing that is on a cactus".

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
I’m it going to disagree with the comments here but the worst missed call will always be the uncalled block in the back during Harrison’s interception return that cost this team its only Super Bowl.

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm more disappointed in the 4th down run for 1st down getting overturned. What were they looking at that made them overturn it??

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another bad call to me was why wasn't there a personal foul on the McBride hit? Dude clearly led with his helmet, hell he knocked himself out.

Trey lowered his head too so I was ok with that one.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more disappointed in the 4th down run for 1st down getting overturned. What were they looking at that made them overturn it??

They said his hip was down before he crossed the marker with the ball. THey said they synched together 2 separate shots to determine that. not much you can do they are supposed to have to have it be conclusive but they said it was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05