They're Trippin' Fa Real

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
Wassup wit the NFL tripping about these endzone celebrations. They need to stop that.....These boys had to hold off in highschool, hold off in college, and pretty soon there isn't going to be anymore celebrations in the NFL......This is straight up stpid, I say these guyz are here getting paid to entertain up, so let them be entertainers.....Let them hold up their signs, let them make their phone calls, let them sign whatever they want. As long as they are not starting anything.....that is cool. I know if I was in the NFL or better yet just college and I scored a touchdown....No telling what I would do.:D

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Sorry, but I disagree. If I was a linebacker or corner and a receiver showed me up like that he would be feeling pain the next chance I got. Nothing wrong with a celebration within reason IMO, but using props in a premeditated manner is BS. Next thing you know it will be like pro wrestling.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's called good sportsmanship.

I sure as hell wouldn't stand for some punk like Terrell Owens stomping on my teams logo. George Teague did exactly what I would've done when he slammed T.O hard into the turf.

Just because people have changed, it doesn't mean that values such as sportsmanship, class, integrity, and honor should.

OP
OP
PopToosweet

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
It's called good sportsmanship.

I sure as hell wouldn't stand for some punk like Terrell Owens stomping on my teams logo.

I feel you right there, he is a straight up crybaby, but what I am saying is that just as long as it doesn't effect anyone....Yeah what TO did with the team logo was straight up stupid and not called for, but him signing a ball with a pen wasn't. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone it's good.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by PopToosweet
I feel you right there, he is a straight up crybaby, but what I am saying is that just as long as it doesn't effect anyone....Yeah what TO did with the team logo was straight up stupid and not called for, but him signing a ball with a pen wasn't. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone it's good.

I agree with you, but there is a fine line between what someone interprets as a "celebration" and showing up the team. I don't mind the hoopla as long as it isn't something that was rehersed....like the Dirty Bird

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Someone from the NYG's should have shoved that cell phone up Horn's butt.

The NFL is starting to look like the WWF. (or whatever it is called now)

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wassup wit the NFL tripping about these endzone celebrations. They need to stop that.....These boys had to hold off in highschool, hold off in college, and pretty soon there isn't going to be anymore celebrations in the NFL......This is straight up stpid, I say these guyz are here getting paid to entertain up, so let them be entertainers.....Let them hold up their signs, let them make their phone calls, let them sign whatever they want. As long as they are not starting anything.....that is cool. I know if I was in the NFL or better yet just college and I scored a touchdown....No telling what I would do.:D

I hope Anquan doesn't see it this way.

I was much more impressed with him getting a late TD and just sitting on the bench totally POed because the team was losing. That's what it's all about. Horn will be sitting in a chair no different than Quan is during the playoffs. Does his antics during a non-playoff season mean anything now? I don't think so.

Please tell Anquan his originality and spirit are appreciated. Without the BS of staging something stupid.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Re: Re: They're Trippin' Fa Real

Originally posted by AzCards21
I hope Anquan doesn't see it this way.

I was much more impressed with him getting a late TD and just sitting on the bench totally POed because the team was losing. That's what it's all about. Horn will be sitting in a chair no different than Quan is during the playoffs. Does his antics during a non-playoff season mean anything now? I don't think so.

Please tell Anquan his originality and spirit are appreciated. Without the BS of staging something stupid.

Yeah.

Unlike Joe Horn, Anquan doesn't need to make up some endzone celebration to make it onto ESPN!

:thumbup:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The problem is that it does affect people. Look at how hard Quan' trains. He puts all that time and energy to be the best player he can (he is usually the best player on the field).

Imagine him losing like that and how bad it would piss him off if some punk like Joe Horn started doing crap like that.

Joe's got no class to plan stuff like that, and has no respect for his opponent. I'm glad we got Quan, a great player, a classy guy, a world class hero, and a hell of an American. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's ironic that Horn did this stunt and we've had a few posts on it, but McCown points to the sky and we have one of the longest threads in awhile. :D

Seriously though - do the fines go to charity? If so, and if I was a player...I'd get fined some...if only for the children. :thumbup:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked Johnson's sign "Don't fine me again." Thought that took a little thought and was funny.

Horn? He didn't even really call anyone, did he? Plus, he talked so much smack about TO and his antics and now he's doing the same kinda stuff? I dunno. It was a little over the top, I guess.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jersey Girl Cards Fan
I really liked Johnson's sign "Don't fine me again." Thought that took a little thought and was funny.

Horn? He didn't even really call anyone, did he? Plus, he talked so much smack about TO and his antics and now he's doing the same kinda stuff? I dunno. It was a little over the top, I guess.

I agree

:thumbup:

I think he actually made a call.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
And it seems to be getting worse. Players trying to "Out-do" each other. Started with the sharpie and now look where it's going. I give these "celebrations", if that's what you wanna call them, :thumbdown :thumbdown

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
People have been bitching about how it's becoming the No Fun League for years. It's still fun for me. To me, there is a huge difference between a celebration and an act.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of these kids come from dirt-poor, single parent families. They craved attention and praise when they were teens. This is their way of trying to get it.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
To me, what is really important to note with any celebration is it's true intent.

Owens signing the ball
Johnson's "Please don't fine me" sign
Horn's phone call

What is the true nature of these "celebrations"?

"I'm better than you!"

A message not only relayed to the opposition, but to teammates as well. It protrays a "me-first" attitude that destroys chemistry among teammates.

I don't care who you are, or what you have done. Whatever it is you've accomplished, you had NO chance of doing it without the other 10 guys on the field with you.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
The first down "tamahawk chop", spiking the ball in the end-zone, pointing to the sky, that is celebrating, and I'm all for that. This other garbage, though, I think has got to go.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a touchdown I want to see someone run out to the middle of the field and do a choreographed dance routine with a dance squad to Brittney Spears. During that the Blue Angels will do a fly over with banners that have the players name on it . If it is a dome the lights will dim and there will be a laser light show flashing the players name all over the stadium. After the confetti shower the star will be carried off the field the field on the shoulders of a select group of fans.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All I can say is.......

I can't, for the life of me, even begin to imagine Walter Payton pulling this kind of crap. To me that says it all.

As the old saying goes.....Act like you've been there before.

I am a Viet Nam veteran, and as many of us who were there learned......the guys who shoot off their mouths telling all the great "war stories" are usually the punk-asses who never really saw any "real" action at all. The ones who did, don't feel the need or desire to go around constantly telling big stories about it.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
and BTW......

Assface, I think both your screen name and avatar suck.

I don't care if all 6-8 of the dufus schoolboys voted on it.

Class isn't just something you skip to go pound a brew.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
and BTW......

Assface, I think both your screen name and avatar suck.

I don't care if all 6-8 of the dufus schoolboys voted on it.

Class isn't just something you skip to go pound a brew.

Now, now Tango...you never know if someone here has had a horrible dancing experience, and go through the effects of post-traumatic-stess syndrome everytime your name pops up! :D

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Now, now Tango...you never know if someone here has had a horrible dancing experience, and go through the effects of post-traumatic-stess syndrome everytime your name pops up! :D
:biglaugh:

There just went MY oatmeal all over the room.

welcome back Ken. :eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05