Things to be mad about...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hulk:

I'm getting so mad. And so much of it isn't even football related!

1. Screwing up the Tillman Tribute more than worst case scenario should allow. Disgusting and embarassing display. Could not hear one sound from any of the interviews, but really powerful music. :rolleyes:

2. Cards cheerleaders coming out in Red white and blue...sounds nice on paper for Vet's Day but most people around us asked why they looked like Cowboys cheerleaders.

3. The statue is ugly as hell, looks like a guy with his head on fire, and located outside the security gates, not inside, meaning you can't go look at it unless you come in from that side, unless you want to go back through security again.

4. Cards cheerleaders dancing to country music wearing cowboy hats when we are playing THE COWBOYS! Good GOD people...do you know who we are playing? If we are playing the Eagles, would you perform to a song called "Fly Like an Eagle" in eagle dresses? We don't care about you that much but when you are so out of line then we get mad.

5. Still no closed captioning on the scoreboard. Seriously, has this NOT been brought up in meetings?

6. Cheerleaders dancing in the Budweiser End Zone...you know, the one where there are NO paying fans?

7. Between quarters stupid contests like the "dress like a football player and catch a pass" one or the "TD dance like a freaking idiot for some cash" one taking place AGAIN in the Budweiser End Zone where there STILL aren't any paying fans and at max about 200 people. Disrespect for the fans in the ACTUAL end zone with hundreds and maybe a thousand or more paying fans (at $45 per) who are the loudest, most crazy into the team. Why don't you perform for us? Why don't we get to see the stupid contests up close? Do you hate us for being die-hard fans? Seriously, why do you perform to twelve people who are in a section that seats aren't even sold for? Makes me so damn mad.

8. Still haven't figured out the sound system for the lower bowl...you know...those of us paying higher ticket prices yet can barely hear the damn ref calling the result of a penalty. Thank goodness for closed captioning...oh wait...we don't even have that.

9. Errors on the stats board...is Matt really 0-0 for 56 yards? That's freaking amazing.

10. Who the hell is running down and distance?? That crap is NEVER right...always wrong and so damn late. I have taken to just watching the chains (and I ran chains my senior year for extra scratch after quitting football, so at least I know how it works.) The downs and distance person is inept and needs fired.

And oh yeah...to add on top of ALL of that, the damn team isn't even performing up to their talent level.

2003 was a terrible year of football on the field, but at least they didn't screw up the stadium experience to this level. If you are going to SUCK OUT LOUD on the field, at least let me be happy in the presentation of the sucktitude.

Is ANYBODY with me???

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I got past being mad around 24 hours after the Bears game. From then on I simply shake my head and laugh when the Cardinals pull their stupid crap which is quite frequently.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I'm getting so mad. And so much of it isn't even football related!

1. Screwing up the Tillman Tribute more than worst case scenario should allow. Disgusting and embarassing display. Could not hear one sound from any of the interviews, but really powerful music. :rolleyes:

Totallly agree... I've spoken my words on this topic and am not capable of additional commentary...

2. Cards cheerleaders coming out in Red white and blue...sounds nice on paper for Vet's Day but most people around us asked why they looked like Cowboys cheerleaders.

Damm did they look nice! But yes, WTF were they thinking about. My 9 year old asked me right away, why were they wearing Cowboy hats and doing a Cowboy dance??? I swear if I didn't witness this stuff, I would never believe it...

4. Cards cheerleaders dancing to country music wearing cowboy hats when we are playing THE COWBOYS! Good GOD people...do you know who we are playing? If we are playing the Eagles, would you perform to a song called "Fly Like an Eagle" in eagle dresses? We don't care about you that much but when you are so out of line then we get mad.

5. Still no closed captioning on the scoreboard. Seriously, has this NOT been brought up in meetings?

6. Cheerleaders dancing in the Budweiser End Zone...you know, the one where there are NO paying fans?

I sit in the SW corner of the SEZ (section 102, row 11). I LOVE that they dance where they dance. Don't take the ONLY friggin pleasure of being a fan away from me... please...

7. Between quarters stupid contests like the "dress like a football player and catch a pass" one or the "TD dance like a freaking idiot for some cash" one taking place AGAIN in the Budweiser End Zone where there STILL aren't any paying fans and at max about 200 people. Disrespect for the fans in the ACTUAL end zone with hundreds and maybe a thousand or more paying fans (at $45 per) who are the loudest, most crazy into the team. Why don't you perform for us? Why don't we get to see the stupid contests up close? Do you hate us for being die-hard fans? Seriously, why do you perform to twelve people who are in a section that seats aren't even sold for? Makes me so damn mad.

Now I would not mind one bit if they moved this crap into the NEZ... :thumbup:

8. Still haven't figured out the sound system for the lower bowl...you know...those of us paying higher ticket prices yet can barely hear the damn ref calling the result of a penalty. Thank goodness for closed captioning...oh wait...we don't even have that.

Like I said, I sit in row 11 in the lower bowl. I think we're lucky though because one of those speaker decks is right above us, so no issue with the sound...

9. Errors on the stats board...is Matt really 0-0 for 56 yards? That's freaking amazing.

No surprise here... I expect the stats to be wrong, along with down and distance... It's the Cards right? Why would there by anything accurate associated with this sickening franchise...

10. Who the hell is running down and distance?? That crap is NEVER right...always wrong and so damn late. I have taken to just watching the chains (and I ran chains my senior year for extra scratch after quitting football, so at least I know how it works.) The downs and distance person is inept and needs fired.

See #9

And oh yeah...to add on top of ALL of that, the damn team isn't even performing up to their talent level.

2003 was a terrible year of football on the field, but at least they didn't screw up the stadium experience to this level. If you are going to SUCK OUT LOUD on the field, at least let me be happy in the presentation of the sucktitude.

Is ANYBODY with me???

Not sure I have the words available to me at this moment, to properly capture how I feel about this team. Embarrassing... Pathetic... Heartless... Gutless... Spineless... Dysfuntional...

There's more... but I think I need some advil right now... too many tailgater beers...

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I sit in row 11 in the lower bowl. I think we're lucky though because one of those speaker decks is right above us, so no issue with the sound...

I think that is a big issue for me...I was looking at the speaker setup, and there is NOTHING in the lower bowl of the endzone....everything is angled back to the higher decks/upper rows of the endzone of what we DO have, which is mostly in the corners. No speakers are aimed down at the lower rows...so lower levels (which I suffered through SDS for years to be able to get) are shafted on the sound.

Pisses me off to no end. Since the team sucks...a lot of what I'm paying for is a good at-the-game experience...I am NOT getting it.

I'll be back next year, of course, and will try to move even closer if we can, but dammit I want someone to answer to me why the fans are being treated like a dog's favorite hydrant and nobody has fixed some of these issues. HELLO CLOSED FREAKING CAPTIONING ON THE DAMN REPLAY BOARDS FOR FREAKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to send this thread to Bickley (as much as I am not his fan) so let's fill it up with complaints. Maybe if we make some noise the Cards will at least make losing football games tolerable for us...if they can fix the stadium issues they can work on the shoddy on-field product.

:noose: <------ where is THAT icon???

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score

:thumbup:

It strikes me as idiotic that the Cards did not design this stadium so that the home team enters the field at the end with the packed end zone. Also, the Cards use the least populated end to warm up, instead of using the opportunity to bond with the home team fans. Instead, the enemy fans crowd the NEZ at the railing and visitors tunnel, pumping up their own team during warmups until security comes to run them off.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup:

It strikes me as idiotic that the Cards did not design this stadium so that the home team enters the field at the end with the packed end zone. Also, the Cards use the least populated end to warm up, instead of using the opportunity to bond with the home team fans. Instead, the enemy fans crowd the NEZ at the railing and visitors tunnel, pumping up their own team during warmups until security comes to run them off.

I get where they are going with that..with us booing the crap out of them and trying to get them rattled early on. However, in practice with a crappy team it just becomes a visiting team signing area. :( Anyway, I agree that if the Cards came out on our end we would pump them up even more, and having the other team go to the empty end zone would be great...but what do we know? We are just fans.

Still, I maintain you wore the best jersey you own to the game today. :) And sorry I'm too busy being a jackass at the game to hang with you and your wife...I totally respect the two of you for continuing to turn out game after game even with the huge drive you guys have to take part of...you guys are awesome fans. Much respect.

I think I need to get (more) out of hand at games from now on. I don't think the pregnant wife will let me though. :) She keeps me in semi-check. God help 117 if she weren't there!

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Still, I maintain you wore the best jersey you own to the game today. :) And sorry I'm too busy being a jackass at the game to hang with you and your wife...I totally respect the two of you for continuing to turn out game after game even with the huge drive you guys have to take part of...you guys are awesome fans. Much respect.

Thanks for the props, and I have to agree with you about the Tillman jersey. I do like my McCown though, and I know how much you liked it when I wore it last year. I was thinking of wearing it to the Detroit game, maybe Josh will sign it or something. Doesnt Josh have like 50% of Denny's wins? :D

My wife only started coming to the games because I wanted to, now she has become a heck of a fan although this losing is getting to her. I told her she's a lightweight, like alot of us I'm suffering through 18 years of this crap (we can count the bright spots on one hand). Some of the observations she makes blows my mind...at the game today she told me most of the players quit except for Quan. She also spotted Larry limping 3 plays before he went out.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the props, and I have to agree with you about the Tillman jersey. I do like my McCown though, and I know how much you liked it when I wore it last year. I was thinking of wearing it to the Detroit game, maybe Josh will sign it or something. Doesnt Josh have like 50% of Denny's wins? :D

Josh will have plenty of time to sign...he is the catylst for that team. If you could get his attention between all the snaps he sees, I'm sure he would sign it...it would probably read Junsh McNowon though...not too bright that one. :)

J/K...I like Josh as a guy as you know...just not as a football player.

My wife only started coming to the games because I wanted to, now she has become a heck of a fan although this losing is getting to her. I told her she's a lightweight, like alot of us I'm suffering through 18 years of this crap (we can count the bright spots on one hand). Some of the observations she makes blows my mind...at the game today she told me most of the players quit except for Quan. She also spotted Larry limping 3 plays before he went out.

Your wife simply...in one word....ROCKS!!!

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think I'm going to send this thread to Bickley (as much as I am not his fan) so let's fill it up with complaints. Maybe if we make some noise the Cards will at least make losing football games tolerable for us...if they can fix the stadium issues they can work on the shoddy on-field product.

:noose: <------ where is THAT icon???

As the owner of the "Bickley Sucks" hat. Do it....send it to him!!

Problem is, Bidwills don't care what Bickely has to say.

Has to come from the fans. Maybe we all show up to Jilly's and open our mouths....but have no sound come out. They'll get the hint.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I'm mad about is there's no #3 to be mad about. Damn it I want my #3 reason to be mad.

:D

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I didnt figure out that it wasnt Dallas cheerleaders until the game started. I was pissed that they let them bring them on the road. Just figured it was one more thing against the Cards.

Also has the NFL backed off from the spiking ball= unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? I saw Marion Barber slam the ball down for no reason in the middle of the field. The ref went off and picked it up without so much as a warning to Barber.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I'm mad about is there's no #3 to be mad about. Damn it I want my #3 reason to be mad.

:D

#3 was supposed to be that the statue is ugly as hell, looks like a guy with his head on fire, and located outside the security gates, not inside, meaning you can't go look at it unless you come in from that side, unless you want to go back through security again.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

3. The statue is ugly as hell, looks like a guy with his head on fire, and located outside the security gates, not inside, meaning you can't go look at it unless you come in from that side, unless you want to go back through security again.

Is ANYBODY with me???

I'll agree on these, but the others don't rattle me as much.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Have you guys forgotten that the Cowboys are Bill Bidwill's favorite team?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Mad?

I think all the season ticket holders should show up at next weeks game.

During the kickoff take a poop in their seats, and leave.

But don't leave the parking lot. Stay there while the game is going on and get so drunk and voilent that the SWAT team has to be called in.

That would be somthing.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mad?

I think all the season ticket holders should show up at next weeks game.

During the kickoff take a poop in their seats, and leave.

But don't leave the parking lot. Stay there while the game is going on and get so drunk and voilent that the SWAT team has to be called in.

That would be somthing.

Something like that happened just yesterday. The Cards showed up for the game and after the kickoff took a poop on the field.

The fans of both teams stayed inside and got so drunk and violent that film from the stands for the Seahawks game will be on Pay Per View for $49.95.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
you are only worthy of the spelling SWAT team

Sorry my spelling is horrid.

Hey, Derm I respect your loyalty to the team.

I wish they would show you SOMETHING, ANYTHING back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky