This is How You Use Arrington

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
You line him up deeper in the backfield and have him take more delayed handoffs, draws and cutback plays. He's an open field runner who needs holes to run and can make people miss. He doesn't break very many tackles but he is shifty and with some space he can make plays. I want to see him get his chance out there with more carries than 10 or 12 a game. Let's see what we have in him.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i read somthing the other day about playing in the shotgun more so they HAVE to worry about boldin and fitz and u can sneak in draws up the gut

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
If you put him in the backfield with Shipp you can send him out as a third or fourth reciever. With his speed and catching ability defenses have to respect him. That could open up more lanes for Shipp.

If Step is good for handling snaps in the shotgun, I think Warner needs to operate from there all the time, at least until the line gets better.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends on who you're playing, how they play you and how you have to play them.

There are two schools of thought regarding how deep you line up your tailback: (a) Line him up deep so he can see the field better and take better running angles vs. (b) line him up closer so he can get to the LOS quicker.

If you can't stop the defense from blowing into the backfield, you may not want to line your tailback too deep, because he'll keep getting nailed for losses. But if he can be given enough room (& time) back there to make some moves and use his speed to make the first guy miss or get to the corner, lining him up deeper might be a beautiful thing.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree

with the shotgun take and suing both guys together, at least giving D's the "thought" of what could happen.
I aslo think we should use a hurry up, no huddle sometimes. It seems to work in our QB's favor.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is the OL limits everything we can do.

Hurry up is great but it puts a lot of pressure on the offense too since they can't sub and they have to be in synch to make it work. We've got our LG and C swapping positions depending on shotgun or not. It also wears your defense down because they get less rest.

We can put JJ deeper I made that point in one of the other threads that's how he lined up at Cal, but if the OL allows guys into the backfield on every play, he's just going to be hit further behind the LOS. When there's a hole the deeper lineup helps him hit it at top speed, when there's no hole and penetration, just a bigger loss unless he breaks or slips the tackle.

I think Green made it pretty clear when he said the OC and DC are getting too hung up on schemes, it's hard to scheme our way out of this the OL has just got to block better. The only scheme part I think we CAN do is run on pass downs and pass on run downs, but we're already doing that with the passing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan