Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Just so discouraging. Everyone who follows the Cards at all knew that we completely neglected the most important position on a D that was one of the worst in the NFL last season. There is no excuse for failing to acquire a credible pass rusher. Who the hell knows what we have on D? Impossible to tell with no pressure on the QB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I'm not too concerned about this (yet) because all through last week, and through comments after the game, both Gannon and Rallis spoke numerous times about rushing Allen the right way and not losing contain.

I imagine if someone went and watched the All 22 you would find nobody trying to get around the edge, or at least not outside 3rd down. I reckon you would find a lot of bull rushes and stiff arms where the Edge can remain in position if Allen breaks one way or the other.

I don't agree with it, but I reckon it's a large part of the numbers. I'm not saying it would be great otherwise, but I think it's artificially low due to strategy.

The times Allen did break out was when someone over committed. It would be interesting if someone had All 22 access, I can't get it this year because the NFL aren't giving it to DAZN for some reason.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about this (yet) because all through last week, and through comments after the game, both Gannon and Rallis spoke numerous times about rushing Allen the right way and not losing contain.

I imagine if someone went and watched the All 22 you would find nobody trying to get around the edge, or at least not outside 3rd down. I reckon you would find a lot of bull rushes and stiff arms where the Edge can remain in position if Allen breaks one way or the other.

I don't agree with it, but I reckon it's a large part of the numbers. I'm not saying it would be great otherwise, but I think it's artificially low due to strategy.

The times Allen did break out was when someone over committed. It would be interesting if someone had All 22 access, I can't get it this year because the NFL aren't giving it to DAZN for some reason.
This is also pretty wild.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Considering that Allen is not the first s rambling QB to ever play and that’s a common strategy and that number is so historically inept that lots of people are raising it, it’s cause for concern.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Egregious. The punp fake IMMEDIATELY drew the db toward dortch and MHJ ran by him. The pressure wasnt there yet. If Murray had taken a fraction of a second to see the db move off MHJ, and immediately thrown it to the area MHJ was headed, as you know, seemingly every other 40+M/yr QB is capable of, it was a TD.

That's WAY more than unfortunate. I desperately want Murray to be the guy. Because I desperately want to see the Cards win every damn Sunday. Yet here I am, wondering every single week, every single drive for that matter, if he can get us there. That's what's unfortunate.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Egregious. The punp fake IMMEDIATELY drew the db toward dortch and MHJ ran by him. The pressure wasnt there yet. If Murray had taken a fraction of a second to see the db move off MHJ, and immediately thrown it to the area MHJ was headed, as you know, seemingly every other 40+M/yr QB is capable of, it was a TD.

That's WAY more than unfortunate. I desperately want Murray to be the guy. Because I desperately want to see the Cards win every damn Sunday. Yet here I am, wondering every single week, every single drive for that matter, if he can get us there. That's what's unfortunate.
Yep. What's more is that he shouldn't even have had to take that fraction of a second; he should have known the coverage and where the D would be and known the DB had abandoned MHJ to leave him open.

I think the problem is that KM is not one of those QBs who can read the D and diagnose the entire play pre-snap. That's not a huge knock on him, as very few QBs can do this very well, and there's a reason why they are so great and the vast majority of the rest of the starting QBs are just average. It's not to say Kyler doesn't put the work in, or doesn't study. He just might not have that in his skill set.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard
·
1h

The Cardinals don’t have a true edge-rusher sack since November 19, 2023, and this year’s group just posted a miniscule pressure rate of 3.5% against the Bills.

The situation is dire, and a trade for Haason Reddick is the only realistic way to beef up the position

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Watched the game again to focus on the O-line.

3 observations.

Interior line is GOOD! Hernandez played an excellent game. Brown was really good. Froholdt had both the best and the worst blocks of the group. Watching Froholdt in space. HOLY F***!

I never realized how great a game PJJ played. As the blindside we tend to look at the pass protection only. Besides one play, that was really strong. But the run block was great.

Do yourself a favor and watch Reiman's blocking on the pulling C and G plays. He completely sealblocked both Rousseau and Espaneza on several plays. Just completely took out a Bills' top 3 defender. An absolute monster