This is really sad

OP
OP
B

boredstiff

Reaction score
I have to agree with the last post. I myself am suprised it lasted this longl. I knew there would be some reaction, just not this much.

One of the other posts said it best, that would be obssesive compulsive. That being said, I felt the same way as a Cardinal fan. People would get sick of it and lose their desire to watch this dumb team would be no longer fans but or bandwagoners and not true fans.

Sorry guys, spent too much time on this. Gotta go

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
If I were not a Cardinals fan, I'd be doing a twelve step program. And I always tire after taking just a couple of steps. So I need a reason to continue my binge drinking. I thought when we jettisoned some lame players this off season that I might have troubles finding excuses to knock a few back. But that hasn't quite happened quite yet. Besides, Jack Daniels distillery and the Cabo Wabo distillery would go out of business without me.

:D

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 70

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great theory, boredstiff, except that if we quit on things everytime they sucked or got difficult, then no one would have a job, marriage, friendships, etc.

Of course, everyone has their breaking point. Guess you reached your before others did or will.

BTW, you still haven't told us who you are now rooting for so I can only assume that you posted this message simply to cause trouble or to get a reaction. So congrats, this is my reaction to you and your post.:barf:

MadBird

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
why would the guy never say who is "new favorite
team" is? suspicious.....

I have always been amazed at sports fans who can just switch allegences like turning on/off a light switch...

I find that I am a fan of certain teams throughout sports for various reasons, BUT that I'm a fan because there is some EMOTION involved...without the emotion who cares? I would have loved to DUMP the Cardinals years ago! and at times I have "turned away" and professed "not to care anymore" only to be "sneaking a peek" at scores, and records, and news, etc....why? because there is that connection (and we all have that connection for various reasons...some it's the home team, some it's a regional thing, some because they followed a certain player through their career and got hitched to the team, some because "that uniform just grabbed me" -- who knows...)

So here goes -- Today I am now declaring myself a
TITANS Fan!!! afterall, I live in Tennessee and that's "my state's" team! GO TITANS!!! We rule, Ya'll suck...I love Mondays now 'Cause we WIN!
I'm going to look good in Baby Blue and white....

(Don't worry my beloved Cards -- Today is Thursday, I'll be back "sneaking a peek" at what your doing on Friday...that Titans thang was just a momentary fling -- it meant nothing to me....)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: i love the team...

Originally posted by andikrist
... but man, i SO want to bitchslap Billy Bowtie!!!

I was thinking maybe a giant wedgie or an atomic noogie (with a quarter)

Nothing too drastic, just a little "whatsa-matta-wit-choo"

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have an idea, let's just lose the Crap Birds from this site, and leave the Suns, D-backs etc on the front cover.
No one has a gun to your head and is forcing you to visit this site.

I do, however, feel that our poor start has understandably left us frozen in Off-Season Mode (i.e. postulating personnel moves and writing volumes of "what ifs?", "why nots?" and "how comes?") instead of shifting into Regular Season Mode and concentrating on what we need to do to win next week.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Yes

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
"The frustration and anger I feel after a loss is second only to the joy and exhiliration I feel when they win. The Cardinals are my team and that is just the way it is. And I will never give up hope that someday they will win."

Well said brother.

Hey guys, even though I do indeed admire your loyalty, here's a suggestion:
Have you thought of trying lithium?
Maybe cutting down on the sugar might alleviate some of the bipolar behavior too.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Re: Re: Yes

Originally posted by Tangodnzr
Hey guys, even though I do indeed admire your loyalty, here's a suggestion:
Have you thought of trying lithium?
Maybe cutting down on the sugar might alleviate some of the bipolar behavior too.

Funny!

:thumbup: