This series is far from over....

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Guys,
we are all feeling great right now but we have simply done what suns teams have not done in the past and that is hold serve...we were supposed to win those games, its just to our surprise we actually did....we need to step on their throats in game 3...we cannot become the typical playoff team which becomes content with a 1 game split...if they can win 2 in SA, the pressure switches back to us....with the Lakers about to sweep the Jazz. I feel it is imperative that we win game 3...step on their throats, close them out in SA...some may say that is impossible but we are obviously the better team in this series. They have a terrible bench and we are playing lights out...we must win game 3...it is a MUST win...its great we are up 2-0 but in the grand scheme it doesnt mean much...a playoff series does not start until the home team loses...big game on friday night...i hope we realize this

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Lakers series changes in Utah. Lakers win maybe 1 but they won't win both.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the Lakers will sweep either, especially with AK coming back to add some much needed length to the Jazz line-up.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Lakers series changes in Utah. Lakers win maybe 1 but they won't win both.

I agree, especially if Kirilenko suits up, the Jazz have a chance of at least one. I also agree with the OP, the Suns need to play on Friday like the series depends on it and i am sure they are already aware of that.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Even though there are games to be played, this Suns team will not lose 4 out of 5 games. So be it arrogance, be it optimism, its over.

illone

Reaction score
It's definitely not far from over, maybe 3 games max.

Spurs can't stop the Suns.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I agree, especially if Kirilenko suits up, the Jazz have a chance of at least one. I also agree with the OP, the Suns need to play on Friday like the series depends on it and i am sure they are already aware of that.

Utah is too small for the Fakers. You see Gasol posting up and the other guys look like Umpa-Lumpas trying to guard him. When the Suns advance, I hope Rolo can get in there and disrupt Gasol's pwnage.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah is too small for the Fakers. You see Gasol posting up and the other guys look like Umpa-Lumpas trying to guard him. When the Suns advance, I hope Rolo can get in there and disrupt Gasol's pwnage.

Even if Robin is healthy we're probably going to be hearing the same things about us. We can't compete with LA's height so if we end up playing them we're going to have a tough time if our shots aren't falling. Jared and Lou won't be able to mix it up down low to drag us back into the game like they did last night against the Spurs.

Steve

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree it is highly unlikely Suns lose 4 out of 5 to the Spurs, remember the only time they lost to the Spurs this season is a blown layup by JRich. Playing his big e huge minutes in this two losses is pop worst nightmare. If the Suns maintain their poise I am confident they will take at least 1 in SA.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In 3 games against the Lakers Lopez averaged 7 points, 3 boards, and .7 blocks in 18 minutes. In the one game he started he had 6 points, 0 boards and 2 fouls in 18 minutes.

The Lakers aren't a good match for Lopez -- Bynum's too strong and Gasol takes him out on the wing and punishes him. It's a bad series to expect him to carry any load. I hope he gets back for the Spurs because it's a series where he can do some damage if healthy.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lopez might not be a good matchup but the size is something we need. We have Jarron friggin Collins in there and he is going to get abused. I think Channing Frye is getting a good warmup against Duncan and playing some decent defense on him when Duncan posts up. I think a Suns/Lakers series will be closer than most media and fans will think. The Suns defense has kept all the games close of late and rarely get blown up. I expect that trend to continue in the following games and future games as well.

Last edited:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
In 3 games against the Lakers Lopez averaged 7 points, 3 boards, and .7 blocks in 18 minutes. In the one game he started he had 6 points, 0 boards and 2 fouls in 18 minutes.

The Lakers aren't a good match for Lopez -- Bynum's too strong and Gasol takes him out on the wing and punishes him. It's a bad series to expect him to carry any load. I hope he gets back for the Spurs because it's a series where he can do some damage if healthy.

I would only look at the games since he has started and one game isn't a trend.

I do want him to work himself back into the lineup before a potential match up with the Lakers but I would consider his last game against the Lakers motivation more than anything.

He doesn't have to carry a load. He needs to protect the paint.

And to the subject of the thread: The series is far from over but I thought Suns in 5 from the beginning and I haven't seen anything to change my mind on that.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Jazz have lost 16 straight times to the Lakers. They are going to get swept.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz have lost 16 straight times to the Lakers. They are going to get swept.

it's actually "only" 16 times in LA. I think they take Game 3 (this Laker team just sucks on the road) but then get kicked out in two humiliating losses in Game 4 and 5.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would only look at the games since he has started and one game isn't a trend.

I agree. That stretch where Robin was coming off the bench seemed like validation for all of us that expected the guy to be a huge bust. Once he moved into the starting lineup though his play and especially the team's play rose considerably. He only had the one game as a starter vs the Lakers and that's too small a sampling to tell us much.

Steve

chickenhead

Reaction score
You can only win one game at a time. Right now I care only about tonight.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can only win one game at a time. Right now I care only about tonight.

I would be ok with a loss this game. As long as it is not a demoralizing loss. It can't be a 20 point blow out, or some miraculous Spurs victory like Game 1 was in 08. As long as we play well in transition defense, I like our chances.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05