This should be fun: Rams game Prediction?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rams4evah
This game will make Mac cry like a child. Rams 55, Cardinals 3. Mac will get fired after this one.n The best thing to happen to this division is getting the Cardinals. I wanted to talk mass crap this week, but I feel so sorry for you people. GO RAMS 4 EVAH!!!

So is Holt's ankle going to be ok?

Really just trying to decide whether to start Bulger or Pennington in my fantasy league. Bulger has struggled a bit of late and Holt is his best WR so if he's gimpy, on grass, I will start Pennington.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
It looks like almost everyone has forgot the power and mojo that the encarnation of the Almighty Assface has brought to the table.

Cards pull an upset, and squeak out a last second fg.

Cards 23
Rams 20

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams: 38
Cards: 24

Cards score 14 in the 4th. The score indicates a closer game than this one actually is.

Bulger gets on track (is there a better chicken soup for struggling QBs than the Cardinals anemic pass rush?); Faulk finds his grove in the passing game, but is held to 80 on the ground.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmr667
I think it means you are a guy who doesn't panic and really knows where his towel is.

Prediction:
Cards 10
Rams 36
Cards score a FG on their first drive, then go to sleep the rest of the day. The Rams catch on that its siesta time in the desert after their 4th straight touchdown drive and take the 4th quarter off where the Cards score their only TD of the game on a 60 yard pass to Boldin.

Bravissimo! What I wouldn't give to have a Babel Fish in my ear. That'd be dead helpful on trips to Central America and Tibet!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
This is just the type of game the Cardinals win.

At home.

Turf team on grass.

Dome team exposed to the elements. (forecast 64 degrees at kickoff)

An opponent we have no business beating.

Cards- 24
Lambs- 21

Pass the kool-aid.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Help, my kool-aid has been poisoned. I fear that the wheels have come off and we're racing downhill out of control headfirst into another drubbing.

Rams - 41
Cards - 9

On the bright side, we gain position in the Manning derby and Rackers secures his roster spot.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
This is just the type of game the Cardinals win.

At home.

Turf team on grass.

Dome team exposed to the elements. (forecast 64 degrees at kickoff)

Rmas are 2-9 under 50 degrees. 64 does us no good. Bring your air conditioner!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Redheart
This game as upset written ALL over it.

Of course it does. We've been upset with every game so far.

:mad:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardAvenger
You might want to re-calculate this one.

The lambs have to start with game with -3 points.

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardAvenger
You might want to re-calculate this one.

You are right--the Cards blocked the only field goal attempted by the Rams.

Cards 9
Rams 0

ramfanjoe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Redheart
This game as upset written ALL over it.

Rams have struggled, and luck has most to due with the Cardinals victory. We will have TWO lucky bounces that result in points.

It will feel good, but it won't mean anything for us but the joy of playing spoiler.

Our team will play hard; some out of pride on the last game AND the last time they played the lambs, but mostly as a gesture of support for Mac.

Mac will be cookin' up the Defense, I hope to see something different. Who knows, this may be his next job he is auditioniing for.

The run-game will get going, for the same reasons stated above, and that will allow Blake to have a decent day.

Cardinals 21-20.

I agree. It would not shock me in the least if the cardinals win this game. The rams have been absolutly average during the last three weeks. Bulger has played two above average quarters of football during that span.

Despite breaking the 100 yard barrier last week, Faulk is not the same RB as he used to be. Watch him dance in the backfield on Sunday instead of trying to hit the holes. Mind you, the rams o-line does not do much in the way of creating holes for the running game.

I still say Marcel Shipp will be a great RB in this league. He ran all over the rams last season. I know that he is dinged up a bit, but the rams have really struggled against the run this season. Even if the rams win on Sunday, I am certain that the cardinals will win the T.O.P. battle. This fact alone will prevent the rams from winning big, as many here seem to be predicting.

Finally, the cards truly have been solid at home this year. Why is that? Not to be rude, but it seems that there isn't much of a 12th man factor with a half empty stadium. And the team just seems to really struggle on the road. Why are they so much stronger at home?

If the players have given up on McGinnis, then maybe the rams will take this game as easily as some of you are predicting. I just don't see it that way.

Cards - 24
Rams - 20

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I'm torn over this one. We play much better at home where we actually have a winning record (3-2). Unfortunately, our lack of pass rush coupled with our CB's habit of playing 10 yards off the receivers will be our demise.

Bulger will have all afternoon to pick us apart like he did in Tempe last year. Holt and Bruce both go over 100 yards.

Rams 30
Cardinals 14

(If we can't have the playoffs, then please give us Manning) :(

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Originally posted by ramfanjoe
I agree. It would not shock me in the least if the cardinals win this game. The rams have been absolutly average during the last three weeks. Bulger has played two above average quarters of football during that span.

I wish I could share your optimism but I fear a big day from Bulger. I can't get past the fact that our D made Kelly Holcome look like freakin Joe Montana last week.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
The Rams special teams are playing poorly and their O line is overrated. WIth Bulger struggling and a QB contoversy brewing the Rams come in unfocused as they penciled this in as a win last May.
Our O line will step up at home.
Our special teams will score and we'll eek out a victory
Cards 24 Lambs 23
PS For what its worth. We havent lost a game that I ve attended this year and I'll be at this one.
GBR

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no clue.

Players were actually upbeat on Wednesday but practice was run differently than usual - for a Wednesday.

I had this funny feeling that the whole team was really relaxed. But I don't trust my judgment because I've been wrong so often before.

My head says Bulger destroys our soft zones.

My heart says Marmie dumps the soft zones, blitzes on every play, we attack deep on offense all day, and win going away.

One thing I like about Martz is the guy has the killer instinct. He eviscerates you, slits your throat, and finally chops the body into pieces.

My guess:

Rams 42 Cards 10 75% probability
Cards 30 Rams 17 15%
Cards 15 Rams 13 10%

Do our players play a loose "liberated" game or go into "injury avoidance mode"? Damned if I know.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As posted by

someone else printed earlier; we need to bump their receivers coming off the line. Our CB's must keep them out of sync. mix in the blitz and we'll win this going away. We have to tackle with no mistakes and just upset Bolger's rhythm a tad.
Just my simple opinion. Cards win this one. D.A. is the trump CARD!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Faulk rushes for 200+ yards, Bulger passes for 300+ yards... Rams run away with it...

Rams 41
Cards 10

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Skkorp, you seem to reflect my feelings , too, with your comments.

I have no clue what is going to happen this week.

I spent a lot of time, this week looking at last weeks tape.

My summation:

As with a couple of the other games this season, upon reviewing the tape, I was more encouraged than before watching it.

Heres the key points I saw:

1. The main scapegoats: Cornerbacks and Jeff Blake. I can't tell for sure whether the CB play (or lack of) is more due to the "scheme" of the coaches or lack of talent. Gut feeling says its a combination of both.
People ragged on McCown most of this week. I thought he played better than Blake did. Blake was the one who looked like a rookie "deer in the headlights" a whole helluva lot more than McCown did. Terrible, terrible game for him.

The O-line could have played better, but Blake's ineptness, just made them look a lot worse.

The Offensivie play planning and calling was once again just that...very offensive (as in disgusting).

Raynoch Thompson did not have a good game at all, worst one of the season, by far, for him. LaVar Woods did look decent most of the time and Darling also didn't play too bad, when they were in.

Kick return team play just absolutely sucked.

BTW, on the play where they got the big kick return, both Woods and Thompson were blatently pushed/blocked in the back at the point of attack. Why they weren't called is beyond belief. One ref was in perfect position where he SHOULD have seen it.

King played decently. Tanner and Bell were getting some nice push up the middle at times.

Soooo....who shows up this week?

Do the coaches get their act together?

I think last weeks game will have everyone playing hard for Mac.
But if the coaching stays the same, it will once more be all for naught.

So, like Skkorp, my heart says....these guys will play a good game.
If given a chance by the coaching. In that case, the Cards pull out a big win....say 21- 17.

If nothing changes, then my head says Rams cruise to the tune of 31-10.

I want Mac back. As Jack Nicholson said: "what if this is as good as it gets?" I just want his coaching methods to change. I'm going with my Heart.

CARDS 21
RAMS 17

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
I want Mac back. As Jack Nicholson said: "what if this is as good as it gets?" I just want his coaching methods to change. I'm going with my Heart.

CARDS 21
RAMS 17

Why? Because he's a nice guy? Are you satisfied with the status-quo we've been seeing in our coaching? I'm certainly not. He has not yet shown true competence as a head coach, nor has his staff, and they've had plenty of time to develop. I certainly don't want him back for another year.

Problem is, even if you do want to bring him back for another year, how do you do it? If you extend him, we may be sitting in this same damn position next year, with him having more time on his contract. If you bring him back in the last year of a contract, he's a lame duck coach with litttle chance to succeed. Either way, a lose/lose situation with very little room for positives for our team.

I just don't see where he's a competent NFL head coach. He doesn't gameplan well. For all his fire and brimstone, the team often doesn't come out fired up. His scemes are easy to read and teams always seem to know what we're doing, offensively and defensively. He doesn't adjust well in the middle of games. His and his staff's clock management has sucked. He has done nothing to make us want him back, IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05