Thoughts from LA.....

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm in Santa Monica for a job and we watched the game at a bar here tonight.

It is so sweat to shut up the entire bar with a convincing win.

That's right, we prevailed and I walked out proudly.

jibikao

Reaction score
I hope Brand doesn't stay this hot. It's ridiculous.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What is the Clippers fan base today? I remember in the 80's and 90's they were the Expos of the NBA. I notice there aren't any trolls that have found their way here

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
What is the Clippers fan base today? I remember in the 80's and 90's they were the Expos of the NBA. I notice there aren't any trolls that have found their way here
Remember most Lakers fans are now rooting for Clippers...

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

I don't know about their fan base but myself and two other people basically dominated this bar at the end of the night.

Did I say we were in LA? :thumbup:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
jibikao said:
I hope Brand doesn't stay this hot. It's ridiculous.

Rather have him scoring in bunches than destroying the Suns frontline for over 20 boards a game.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Remember most Lakers fans are now rooting for Clippers...

Please don't insult fans of the Clippers who have supported this team for years with minimal results to show for it ... Laker and Clipper fans are a breed apart and do not support each other's teams. Period!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Redmark said:
Please don't insult fans of the Clippers who have supported this team for years with minimal results to show for it ... Laker and Clipper fans are a breed apart and do not support each other's teams. Period!

:raccoon:

jibikao

Reaction score
Redmark said:

I do know Clipper players look a lot more classier. I saw players smiling a lot more and a lot less hostility. Man, what is it that made you hate Laker so much? Love or Hate me... they generate more HATE than love, the way I see it.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
jibikao said:
I do know Clipper players look a lot more classier. I saw players smiling a lot more and a lot less hostility. Man, what is it that made you hate Laker so much? Love or Hate me... they generate more HATE than love, the way I see it.

I've watched the Clippers a lot over the last few years ... but never seen this kind of chemistry before. Everyone really pulls for each other and seems to genuinely appreciate each ones contributions. Suns fans beware of one James Singleton, he's a dynamo - a Shawn Marion in the making.

jibikao

Reaction score
Redmark said:
I've watched the Clippers a lot over the last few years ... but never seen this kind of chemistry before. Everyone really pulls for each other and seems to genuinely appreciate each ones contributions. Suns fans beware of one James Singleton, he's a dynamo - a Shawn Marion in the making.

I like Livingston a lot. He is a rough Diamond. He has the height advantage (6'7????). I don't think he is 6'7 though. I mean Marion is also 6'7 but I think Marion looks taller? Anyway, Livingston has really shown a lot of potential. His height, speed and vision will help him a lot.

Edit: Hey, I didn't dislike Kobe until this series. I've always thought Kobe is super talented but he has really shown that arse-side of his game. I even tried to protect him when those Kobe haters went crazy. Now I think I can understand why. He just sent out this "hate me" message for some reasons.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would love to have Kaman on our team. I've liked that guys hard nose approach since he laced them up in the NBA. He gets some wickedly physical rebounds sometimes. The last time the Clippers were better than the Lakers, back in the 90's, the owner promptly blew up the team before the following season. Hopefully they stay the course for awhile. :)

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
jibikao said:
I like Livingston a lot. He is a rough Diamond. He has the height advantage (6'7????). I don't think he is 6'7 though. I mean Marion is also 6'7 but I think Marion looks taller? Anyway, Livingston has really shown a lot of potential. His height, speed and vision will help him a lot.

Yuma said:
I would love to have Kaman on our team. I've liked that guys hard nose approach since he laced them up in the NBA. He gets some wickedly physical rebounds sometimes. The last time the Clippers were better than the Lakers, back in the 90's, the owner promptly blew up the team before the following season. Hopefully they stay the course for awhile. :)

Add Maggette and Brand with Singleton and Radmanovich and you have the nucleus of a team that will be there year end and year-out for the next 5 years at least.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Probably. The only question is who is ready to step up as a leader once Cassell is no longer there. But I agree, the Clippers have a lot of impressive young talent.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Probably. The only question is who is ready to step up as a leader once Cassell is no longer there. But I agree, the Clippers have a lot of impressive young talent.

No doubt about it. Sam put them in the playoffs this year. He always came through with clutch shots or trips to the line to keep them in games they would have easily lost. They finished 47-35 and would have really had a hard time making 500 without Cassell.

This is a work in progress. Now all these young guys are getting a taste of the playoffs. I'm sure a new leader will emerge. My hunch ... Corey Magette!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Magette should be starting. I'm not impressed by Ross. I guess Dunleavy wants some punch off the bench with Magette and Livingston.

When I look at Magette I don't understand why he is not up there with Kobe, T-Mac and others. He seems to have all of the tools and physically he is a beast.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maggette is coming off the bench because he has struggled with injuries all year, and Dunleavy finally got tired of changing his starting lineup every other game. But I agree, he's definitely a starting-caliber player, and he'll surely be back in the starting lineup again next season -- unless of course he manages to hurt himself again.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
It is great watching the suns vs clippers, clips are just a much better and more classy team and you can actually focus on just watching and enjoying basketball instead of worrying about raja decking kobe or kwame mugging someone etc.

Back to basketball instead of all that bs with the lakers. Good riddance lakers.

At first I wondered how we would win this series against the clippers but it really comes down to our speed and how sometimes they lapse defensively or put all the presure on Brand and Cassel. That won't do it for the clippers. If they played properly they would win this series in 6, but looking at the execution of the suns vs the execution of the clipps the suns could take this in 7.

This really is a toss up.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
It is great watching the suns vs clippers, clips are just a much better and more classy team and you can actually focus on just watching and enjoying basketball instead of worrying about raja decking kobe or kwame mugging someone etc.

Back to basketball instead of all that bs with the lakers. Good riddance lakers.

At first I wondered how we would win this series against the clippers but it really comes down to our speed and how sometimes they lapse defensively or put all the presure on Brand and Cassel. That won't do it for the clippers. If they played properly they would win this series in 6, but looking at the execution of the suns vs the execution of the clipps the suns could take this in 7.

This really is a toss up.
I agree that this is really going to be a tough series. The Clippers fell into our trap tonight and got into a fast paced game. I'm sure their playoff inexperience was a major factor in that happening, plus they were hitting a high % of their shots so they probably didn't want to break the flow of their offense. It's tough to try to outrun the Suns and still give a great effort on the defensive end, which is what I think caused those defensive lapses for the Clippers where we went on our runs.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The way it looked in game 1, Suns are to win in 5! Brand cann't always shoot this well, and I don't see how they could stop our offense now everyone on the Suns has become so confident after the thriller with the Lakers.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There will be adjustments on both sides and there may be games where the Suns don't shoot as well as they did tonight (around 54%). I'm guessing we'll see a much lower final score in the next game as the Clippers drain the shot clock and pound the ball inside on every play until every big guy on our team is in foul trouble and we're forced to play Burke & Grant.

MVP

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
jibikao said:
I've always thought Kobe is super talented but he has really shown that arse-side of his game. I even tried to protect him when those Kobe haters went crazy. Now I think I can understand why. He just sent out this "hate me" message for some reasons.

Was it a "hate me" text message? Because if so, I think it was intended for Barkley... maybe your number is similar to Charles'? ;)

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MVP said:
Was it a "hate me" text message? Because if so, I think it was intended for Barkley... maybe your number is similar to Charles'? ;)

MVP, you have been permanently banned for multiple account ownership. You are limited to one account per person on arizonasportsfans. Your original account is not banned, but please respect our rules and only use that account.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, further investigation revealed you have several accounts MVP. I have banned them all except for your main one. KLL would be proud.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05