"Three can keep a secret...."

4 Rings

Reaction score
"Three can keep a secret..... if two of them are dead"
(Famous Mafia saying)

I suppose the sports world is on hold to see if Tim Donaghy names other refs, facilatators, and players. We all want to know if there were other shooters and refs hiding in that grassy knoll. I am wondering if the "bookies" he did business with were the sterotyped low level guy in a fedora, with sunglasses and chain smoking cigarettes like a Jack Ruby type. Or, were the "bookies" actualy mid to high level mob guys who don't take kindly to be ratted out or sent to prision. If they are, I am sure Donaghy knows the ramifications to himself and his family if he names names. If so, we may never know the true depth of this mess.

Sir Donald

Reaction score
I don't think it matters. A lot of people already want Donaghy dead mob or no mob. He has to go into the WPP IF they will take him or at least go into hiding on his own. It's not cheap. So they will ask him "Who can you give up and testify against?"

If he has anything of great value that he knows and they need him to testify then he will go in very quickly so they can protect their assets. He may have other refs he will give up or just his mob contacts. If the mob guy is just a bookie or an associate then they'll try to get him to flip on the higher ups.

It sounds like it's more than a bookie. It was a wiretap wasn't it? He was probably directed on how to sway the games. Could have been a made guy or an associate who was connected in some sort. It all depends on who can give who up. It's a lovely business.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it matters. A lot of people already want Donaghy dead mob or no mob. He has to go into the WPP IF they will take him or at least go into hiding on his own. It's not cheap. So they will ask him "Who can you give up and testify against?"

If he has anything of great value that he knows and they need him to testify then he will go in very quickly so they can protect their assets. He may have other refs he will give up or just his mob contacts. If the mob guy is just a bookie or an associate then they'll try to get him to flip on the higher ups.

It sounds like it's more than a bookie. It was a wiretap wasn't it? He was probably directed on how to sway the games. Could have been a made guy or an associate who was connected in some sort. It all depends on who can give who up. It's a lovely business.

Welcome to the forum Sir Donald.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the Sir in front of my name. Maybe I should change it. :)

Anyway, welcome Sir Donald.

Sir Donald

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm far from any kind of royalty by the way. I started using that handle on a high school sports board years ago. When it asked me for a screen name I thought "how do I describe myself?". Big fat funny bald guy with a mean streak who can play but never was able to win the big one......"I know.....it's Sir Donald".