Thrid Pick Anquan Boldin WR Fl. State

TrentAZCards

Veteran
Reaction score
I absolutly love this pic...I have watched a couple of Seminole games, and I loved watching this kid...Him and Shaun McDonald were my 2 favorite recievers in the NCAA last year.

I'm glad we got one of my favorites, now I simply just cannot wait until the season to see this guy.

I still hate how the first round went, I wanted Suggs and cried cuz we didn't =( But oh well, I like Bryant Johnson...but Calvin Pace, I pray to god he becomes an upset pic like Michael Strahan.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zeno
I'm sorry but a 6' 0" WR that runs a 4.7 40 doesn't excite me.

Bryant Johnson looks to be the best pick so far and even he was a bit of a reach....Johnson at least runs in the high 4.3 - low 4.4 range and is 2 inches taller.

At least they didn't pick Simms.

OMG I was screaming NOOO SSIIIMMMSSSSSSSSSSS...

I just knew that was gunna be thier pick, so I was happy it wasnt :)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdsisquo
The very first thing I did was sign on into the chat room and scream out (or at least type in caps) how excited I was with this pick. I have watched him play and he is a gamer! Besides, you gotta LOVE how he went at it with that CB and wrestled him then knocked off his helmet! He has fire!!! He's big, he's strong, he can catch and he is much faster than what everyone is telling you, trust me I have watched him play! By the way, did you see how extremley agile he is? He's running left at full speed and then BOOM he's running right at full speed, like he never stoped to change directions. I agree with Harry, I think he will be a better pro than Bryant Johnson. But I hope they are both great players. But I am really high on this kid, you all should be too!
I loved the highlights of both the WR's we got! And yea he looked very agile!

Both have good hands, and look fast!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but a 6' 0" WR that runs a 4.7 40 doesn't excite me.
He's still coming back from an ACL injury - he ran 4.4 prior to that. He ran the 4.71 at the Combine, improved to 4.62 by Pro Day and is expected to continue improving.

Remember that Frankie Sanders ran in the neighborhood of 4.6. I see many similar qualities in Boldin - he apparently has a lot of the techniques down - like using his hands properly to beat the jam. Speed issue notwithstanding, the film they showed reflected that he had gotten back his good initial quicks and COD skills.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
Bolden

I remember watching Bolden play last year, but I can't remember who the other team was. Frankly,(please don't call me surely) he dominated. they had him at QB and WR. He was clearly a superior athlete and carried the team. This dog can hunt!

Shuesters

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Boldin was supposed to be "The Next Peter Warrick". Then he got hurt. Hope he returns to that 4.4 form.