Thunder @ Suns

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
NBA.COM said:
The last time they faced Oklahoma City, the Phoenix Suns appeared to be back on track with their run-and-gun style.
Now Phoenix would settle for a victory no matter how it looks.
The Suns try to avoid their longest losing streak since 2004 - also the last year they failed to make the playoffs - on Saturday night when they host a Thunder team that's been playing well without its star player.
Phoenix (34-31) finishes a three-game homestand after falling to Cleveland at home for the first time in 10 seasons, 119-111 on Thursday.
The Suns haven't lost seven straight since an eight-game skid from Feb. 4-22, 2004. Phoenix went 29-53 in 2003-04 to miss the playoffs before making the postseason the last four years, though that streak now appears to be in jeopardy.
"I really don't have any answers," Suns coach Alvin Gentry said after his team was outscored 30-18 in the fourth quarter Thursday. "I think we try hard and we play hard. We just can't seem to close out games."
Phoenix has lost its last five games by eight points or fewer.
Gentry won his first three games after taking over for the fired Terry Porter, with the Suns scoring 140-plus points in each. But since a 140-118 win over visiting Oklahoma City on Feb. 20, Phoenix has dropped eight of 11 to fall into ninth place in the West and well behind Dallas for the conference's eighth and final playoff spot.
Steve Nash had his double-double streak snapped at four on Thursday but extended his career-best streak of 20-point games to seven.
The two-time MVP left the Suns' 110-102 win at Oklahoma City on Dec. 29 due to back spasms, but in Phoenix's two other victories against the Thunder this season, Nash averaged 16.5 points and 11.5 assists.
Shaquille O'Neal's production has leveled off since scoring 78 points in back-to-back wins on Feb. 27 and March 1. During the six-game slide, O'Neal is averaging 17.5 points and 7.3 rebounds.
He rested in the Suns' 99-98 win at Oklahoma City on Nov. 25, but O'Neal averaged 25.0 points and 10.5 boards in the last two wins over the Thunder.
Oklahoma City (18-47) closes its three-game trip following Wednesday's 112-99 loss to Denver. The Thunder, though, have won five of seven since Kevin Durant was sidelined by a sprained right ankle suffered in a 110-108 overtime loss at Dallas on Feb. 27.
The Thunder are 2-2 on the road without Durant compared to 3-25 with him in the lineup. The team's leading scorer, however, could return Saturday.
Oklahoma City's other second-year starting forward, Jeff Green, has played well since missing four games from March 2-8 with back spasms. He's averaged 20.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in two games back in the lineup. Green posted double-doubles in his last two games against the Suns. Rookie Russell Westbrook struggled in Denver, missing 5-of-13 shots from the field for 13 points, but he's thrived against the Suns this season, averaging 21.7 points.

We NEED this win...

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Because it will inch us closer to the Mavs, since they lost last night and it will boost morale somewhat.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We NEED this win...

No we NEED to make sure and get our young guys some minutes so we can start building for the future and evaluating the young talent (or lack thereof) we have on our roster.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
The way we've been playing lately, I wouldn't surprised Durant has a career high scoring tonight. We're going to get smoked.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tank, no. But I'm not for doing everything they can to squeeze an extra win or two out of the season.

I'd rather see them look toward the future. That's all they have.

I agree. Sadly by winning the Suns lose when looking towards the lottery. The Suns need to give Dragic and Lopez some major minutes even if it costs the Suns some games.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
meh can't really get that excited for the season anymore :( but lets go suns

cly2tw

Reaction score
I just read that Suns last time lost 6 straight in 04/05 when Nash was injured. This year, we did the same feat right after he came back to dominate. How time has changed!

PDR

Suns: L, L, L, L, L, L
Reaction score
cmon we need this win, if we lose tonight, well it speaks for itself

OP
OP
A

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I hope I hear them play well, nba audio is the best when there is no stream of the game lol...

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 18-26 after the 1st quarter. :rolleyes: Suns shooting 32% with 1/3 3 pointers, Thunder 44% with 0/2 3 pointers. :rolleyes:Suns have committed 4 turnovers (Nash has 2), Thunder 6. :(Suns and Thunder both have 5 offensive rebounds.Suns have hit 3/4 free throws, Thunder have hit 6/7 free throws.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where's the pride, just the simple professionalism? Surely they'd want to end this 6 game losing streak and actually win a game.

OP
OP
A

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
half time and only down by 6, we can't suck on offense an entire game, can we? lol

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 46-52 after the 2nd quarter. :( Suns shooting 45% with 2/6 3 pointers, Thunder 51% with 2/5 3 pointers. :(Suns have committed 9 turnovers (Nash has 4), Thunder 12. :rolleyes:Suns have 6 offensive rebounds, Thunder 7.Suns have hit 8/10 free throws, Thunder have hit 8/9 free throws.Suns had 6 2nd chance points after the 2nd quarter, Thunder 11 :(Suns and Thunder were tied at 24 points in the paint after the 2nd quarter. :(Suns had 18 bench points after the 2nd quarter, Thunder 8. :)Suns had only 7 assists on 18 made shots after the 2nd quarter. Nash had only 3 assists after the 2nd quarter.Play some freaking defense guys and stop turning the ball over Nash.

Last edited:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Are we going to lose 7th straight? To the Thunders? That'll make the headline tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake