Timberwolves @ Suns 11-25-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Timberwolves play at the Suns tonight with a 7 p.m. Arizona start time.

Tyson Chandler joined the Suns for the Friday shootaround but his status will be a game time decision.

Here are the projected starting lineups from Paul Coro at azcentral.
C: Alex Len … Karl-Anthony Towns

PF: Marquese Chriss …. Gorgui Dieng

SF: Devin Booker … Andrew Wiggins

SG: Brandon Knight … Zach LaVine

PG: Eric Bledsoe … Ricky Rubio

Key Timberwolves reserves: Kris Dunn, Shabazz Muhammad, Nemanja Bjelica, Adreian Payne, Brandon Rush.

Key Timberwolves injuries: Nikola Pekovic (right ankle) is out for the season.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ns-intensify-focus-see-bump-defense/94435696/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having problems going to ESPN?

It seems like I haven't been able to go there for a couple of days. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a bad loss. They led all game and were up until about 6 minutes to go and it looks like they'll lose by a decisive margin. I know we're going nowhere this season but this loss has to be demoralizing for the team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bledsoe giveth, and Bledsoe taketh away.
Did a lot o that tonight.

The bigger problem is the rest of the team is simply playing terrible. Booker has been either great or putrid, which is excusable given the load he is carrying and his age. Criss simply isn't ready to play rotation minutes, I don't think this is hurting him but he is really struggling, I'd like to see his minutes go down a bit and see more of Bender. Len was more careless than anyone with the ball tonight. And, I think everyone agrees that we can't get rid of Knight soon enough.

Also a combined 53 fouls called, over a foul per minute. Makes for a brutally paced game, yuck.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if it would be in the team's best interest to start Bender over Chriss. I don't think it would set Chriss' development back any if he got the same amount of playing time or close to it. We could see more of what we have in Bender. Chriss needs to bulk up and add some muscle to play PF consistently. I'm still not sure what type of player he'll end up being as a pro, as far as who's game he resembles the most. Bender is long and has good size right now. He'd get out muscled by some players but he's craftier than Chriss, I think.

I hope the team can move Tucker as soon as Warren returns. I know a lot of people want Knight gone, myself included, but I'd much sooner see Tucker's days in Phoenix come to and end sooner than later. It seems every year he's been here he tries to do more and more on the offensive end and everything outside of the corner 3 he does terribly.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I am happy to see this season about developing young players. My only suggestion is that it is monitored carefully. Putting a young player in the starting lineup means he will have to compete vs. starter calibre players vs. backups.

If there is any sign that the player is not ready, and that seems to be the case with Chriss, the Suns should be quick to react. Not as a punishment, but as the most positive development. There is a fine line between giving them a chance and stacking the deck against them.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Bender's not an NBA player, at least not yet. He's not qualified to be on the floor. Chriss has a long way to go, but at least there's something there.

You would think that a minimally competent NBA coach could get his team not to shoot 20-footers early in the shot clock, but I guess I have too high of a standard.

Bledsoe has regressed. His body language has reverted to being lousy, and he has simply no clue how to run an offense. He's like Marbury without the charisma or confidence, and you can't even say that his defense is above average anymore. This team is going nowhere with him running it.

If anyone offers anything of value for Knight, take it. Tucker should be waived immediately. Give Alan Williams more time; at least he competes. The rotation from here on out should be

Chandler/Len/Bender
Chriss/Williams/Bender/Dudley
Warren (if he ever gets healthy again)/Dudley/Booker
Booker/Barbosa
Bledsoe/Ulis

That's a bad team, but at least it's watchable. The current product is repulsive beyond words.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender's not an NBA player, at least not yet. He's not qualified to be on the floor. Chriss has a long way to go, but at least there's something there.

You would think that a minimally competent NBA coach could get his team not to shoot 20-footers early in the shot clock, but I guess I have too high of a standard.

Bledsoe has regressed. His body language has reverted to being lousy, and he has simply no clue how to run an offense. He's like Marbury without the charisma or confidence, and you can't even say that his defense is above average anymore. This team is going nowhere with him running it.

If anyone offers anything of value for Knight, take it. Tucker should be waived immediately. Give Alan Williams more time; at least he competes. The rotation from here on out should be

Chandler/Len/Bender
Booker/Barbosa
Bledsoe/Ulis

That's a bad team, but at least it's watchable. The current product is repulsive beyond words.

I have no interest in watching Barbosa. Booker has regressed. Len should start over Chandler. Ulis has to adjust his game. Teams let him drive and then just swat away his shot at the rim.

Bledsoe is the best player on the team at the moment. This team has too many things going on. There is not a stable core. Every player has his own story line and development trajectory. Its too much for a coach to keep track of.

They need two or three players that are worthy of really believing in and then focus on that. Rather like the Thunder with Westbrook and Durant.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I missed the game but thought Zach Lavine actually murdered Len or something judging by the reactions on social media from last night and this morning.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed the game but thought Zach Lavine actually murdered Len or something judging by the reactions on social media from last night and this morning.

Posterizing dunk on Len. Good for Len for going up after it. Many think it was the best dunk of the season in the league.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My idea on Bledsoe is that he's trying not to put too much stress on his knees. Seems like he's not aggressive on defense anymore and at finishing near the rim.

Last year he attacked but fell to the floor in hopes of lessening the impact. The year before he was always landing hard on his legs. This year he's not even going to the rim hard.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My idea on Bledsoe is that he's trying not to put too much stress on his knees. Seems like he's not aggressive on defense anymore and at finishing near the rim.

Last year he attacked but fell to the floor in hopes of lessening the impact. The year before he was always landing hard on his legs. This year he's not even going to the rim hard.

Good point.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Chandler/Len/Bender
Booker/Barbosa
Bledsoe/Ulis

Sadly, all true, except that I wouldn't trade Knight when his value at its lowest.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Sadly, all true, except that I wouldn't trade Knight when his value at its lowest.
That assumes that his value is going to go higher. He has already been demoted to backup because there is no role for him in the starting lineup.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That assumes that his value is going to go higher. He has already been demoted to backup because there is no role for him in the starting lineup.
^this. Knight's trade value decreases the more and more tape that other teams have on him. He's also locked into a long term contract which doesn't help.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chandler has value - Knight has 'upside' (looooool)...tie em together McD and let's both tank properly and gauge Len's value.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I love this guy.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05