Timberwolves @ Suns 3-14-16

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devine Booker with the 3 point play the hard way...

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
Booker is hands down the likeliest of rookies not named AT to be an all star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good lord we win because mirza and tucker combine for 44pts and 20rebs? Useless

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the game but ouch.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ugh stupid Suns. Stupid idiotic Suns.

Celtics have to be laughing their ass off at the Suns. IT ought to send McD a gift for giving him Ingram/Simmons as his teammate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this franchise is cursed. nice to see them making an already miserable season even more miserable by winning completely meaningless games to screw themselves out of desperately needed lotto ping pong balls.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh stupid Suns. Stupid idiotic Suns.

Celtics have to be laughing their ass off at the Suns. IT ought to send McD a gift for giving him Ingram/Simmons as his teammate.

You can't tell players not to fight for a win and you can't tell an interim coach not to win. It happens.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You can't tell players not to fight for a win and you can't tell an interim coach not to win. It happens.

I agree. I am happy with the win. If we pick at 4 instead of 3 because of this in the draft, then so be it. Young kids need to learn to win every now and then.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I am happy with the win. If we pick at 4 instead of 3 because of this in the draft, then so be it. Young kids need to learn to win every now and then.

We agree. Also maybe the Suns have found a head coach. Too early to tell though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But if you pick 3 instead of 1 or 2 this year it's a disaster. You have to find the positive in an awful season and the positive would be first or second pick in draft. These are meaningless victories. Particularly when lead by tucker and teletovic who aren't building blocks. Make no mistake, this is an awful win.

You have to be realistic as a fan. When you're awful you should be as awful as possible. If you're a young team on the cusp of playoffs you want to learn to win. But we are decidedly not that.

Look at Spurs, when Robinson went down with injury and Duncan was the prize they shut down everyone to get close enough to up their chances at Duncan. They didn't win stupid meaningless games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the post-game interview Mirza says the Suns are his home. I hope the Suns make it happen in free agency.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
FFS, stop this nonsense. No more beating teams

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is no Duncan or Lebron in the draft. I understand the concern and logic, and I despise Tucker, but it is better to play hard and go for the win. Blame the FO for keeping Tucker around, but don't blame the players for trying to win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There is no Duncan or Lebron in the draft. I understand the concern and logic, and I despise Tucker, but it is better to play hard and go for the win. Blame the FO for keeping Tucker around, but don't blame the players for trying to win.

It's pretty widely believed that Simmons and Ingram are the prizes. Out of curiosity I watched some bender "highlights" . . . and wow people are really reaching to see the potential. There's the top two and everyone else.

And I'm not blaming the players. Or Watson really. I'm blaming the front office. It's their job to dictate the direction of the team. If it's to direct Watson to rest players or whatever they need to act in the best interest of the team. Winning games this season is not in their best interest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, we should tell the players not to try so hard.

I will never root for a loss.

i love comments like these, projecting words into other people's mouths. It does wonders for the conversation.

This ain't about the players. This is about a FO that refuses to tank. But hey, if you've really enjoyed the last SIX YEARS of sucking, well, good for you. We're well on our way to making sure that'll be 7, 8 and 9 years of sucking when we pick 5th in a two man draft this year.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i love comments like these, projecting words into other people's mouths. It does wonders for the conversation.

This ain't about the players. This is about a FO that refuses to tank. But hey, if you've really enjoyed the last SIX YEARS of sucking, well, good for you. We're well on our way to making sure that'll be 7, 8 and 9 years of sucking when we pick 5th in a two man draft this year.

Agreed completely.

Those who think "oh we can't tell players to lose even though it's for the greater good", that's the type of mentality why the Suns have a whooping total of ZERO championships in their franchise history IMO.

This is a team that should have been drafting top 3 since the 2011 season. But instead they have put together these meaningless wins to prevent that and even in a MISERABLE season like this one, they have almost assured that the Suns will once again lose out on the premiere prospects of the draft.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But if you pick 3 instead of 1 or 2 this year it's a disaster. You have to find the positive in an awful season and the positive would be first or second pick in draft. These are meaningless victories. Particularly when lead by tucker and teletovic who aren't building blocks. Make no mistake, this is an awful win.

You have to be realistic as a fan. When you're awful you should be as awful as possible. If you're a young team on the cusp of playoffs you want to learn to win. But we are decidedly not that.

Look at Spurs, when Robinson went down with injury and Duncan was the prize they shut down everyone to get close enough to up their chances at Duncan. They didn't win stupid meaningless games.

I know they probably could have brought back Robinson near the end of the season but who else did they shut down besides Elliott who really did have some health issues? They played Avery, Vinnie, Maxwell and several other key players down the stretch. That team was bad all season long and finished with 20 wins. Looking at their schedule and results it's hard to tell the difference between when they tanked and when they didn't, they lost at a pretty consistent rate all year.

We're probably going to win more than the Spurs did that year but it won't be by much and we're having to do our purposeful losing in an era when tanking is much more prevalent than ever before. By the end of the season there might a dozen teams trying to lose games and that's unheard of.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05